+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I only lasted 30 minutes into the first show, it was so boring. I'm not the least bit surprised that it's gone.
    I didn't even make it that far. I didn't last past the first group song.

Good call on cancellation, NBC.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey
    i feel bad for the contestants. I hope they get some type of compensation

FORT Newbie
    i can't believe it got cancelled. that show was so bad, but i still watched mostly because nothing else is on at that time. i was surprised to turn on my tv tonight and see that according to jim on. this was the first reality show I watched that got cancelled.

Here is what I found on a tv news site.

On these shores, though, it mostly looked like a pale imitation of "Idol" to the few who watched it. "The One" debuted to only 3.08 million viewers on Tuesday, July 18, and its first results show the next night drew an even smaller audience. For shows on the Big Four networks, that's the smallest audience for a series premiere since 1990.

What's more, the 18-49 rating for the premiere was a barely-there 1.1 -- the lowest ever for a series premiere on ABC, which has been around for more than 50 years.

ABC let the show go for one more week, hoping for an uptick in the ratings. It didn't come, and now the show is history.

Here's the curious thing. I'm sure all of the contestants signed up under some sort of promise of a prize at the end for the winner. So do they somehow figure out a new way to come up with a winner so they can award the prize? Or was there an out clause in case of this happening (the show sucking cheese and being cancelled).

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    i feel bad for the contestants. I hope they get some type of compensation
    I would, but they were the largest factor in the failure of this show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
    Here's the curious thing. I'm sure all of the contestants signed up under some sort of promise of a prize at the end for the winner. So do they somehow figure out a new way to come up with a winner so they can award the prize? Or was there an out clause in case of this happening (the show sucking cheese and being cancelled).

I think there would probably be an outclause in most gameshow reality type tv shows.

i watched bits and pieces of one show
    and that was it
    the show too fluffed with junk and the singers werent super talented
    and the performers seemed to have very little performing time
    what do you think theyll do the with contestants??? is there going to be a winner???

I watched on episode - 7/25 with a friend I was visiting in Maryland.

I had to catch a 6 am flight from Philly after driving an hour and dropping off the rental car. So we just decided to wait up and I'd take off at midnight or so - I'm much more alert that way. Unfortunately in many ways, that meant I couldn have my evening glass or 3 of wine!

I swear this show was trying to drive me to drink! We just howled at how bad it was!

Oh, and her TV suddenly had it closed captioned in Spanish, so I logged on here to see if it was just us or if it was a broadcasting mistake, like the show itself. Turns out, it was pretty much just us watching it!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12