+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

7/18 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only, until at least 1am Eastern.

Thanks!

Hello? Anybody here?

All I have seen so far is the first song, a group sing of Foreigner's Feels Like The First Time and it was baaaaaaaaad.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Regular
    *listens to crickets chirping*

So far so bad. Skipped most of the production numbers, because I hate production numbers. Meh on the first performance.

FORT Fanatic
    I can't believe the Georgie S. took out his nose ring. The CBC couldn't get him to do it but the AmNets could.

Did anyone get a Brady Bunch vibe from that?

FORT Regular
    What's with WannabeMariah's pained facial expressions? She looks like someone's pulling her hair.

Rock Star Supernova, I take back everything I ever said about you.

FORT Regular
    Huh, Born to be Wild chick isn't bad. I was starting to fall asleep in front of my TiVo and she got my attention. Can we port her over to Rock Star?

The music and back up groups are so loud, you can't really hear the singers.

Ummmmm, all of the male contestants have the shag spiky stylist look way too soon in the show. It's a lot more interesting seeing over the weeks transformations with contestants from red neck style gradually transforming to rock start look etc.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I heard some good singers tonight, but almost all the songs they sang were from the 60's ??????? Was it a 60's theme night? Was I the only person watching tonight--if that's the case then no one called in to vote
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

This was horrible. 3 good singers, 1 borderline great, and 7 horrid singers. Most of them were sharp, some were sharp AND flat. Too much off-key screaming. I'm not sure I can watch this again.

And the judges? 3 morons. Raving over every single contestant - and over the top raving on the very worst of them. Horrible, just horrible. I believe I'm out.

Only the makeup-wearing guy was truly solid. "I'm not Lenny Kravitz", "Cute Guy", and "Big Boy Gets Down" were decent. Perhaps the blonde that their shoving down our throats (and eventually down Cute Boy's throat, apparently) is slightly decent - best among the girls (speaking of her ... you think she lost her boyfriend when that aired?!?!).

The only one that really stood out to me was the guy who sang "The Weight." I think he has real star potential. Love his voice, his delivery, his speaking voice. And he doesn't look like every other pop or rock star out there. The large black dude was entertaining too but maybe a little "Vegas."

Most of them were either pitchy or vocally no better than your average cover band. Nothing to write home about.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast