+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7/18 Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

I can't believe I wasted my time on this show. It's just not compelling at all. I feel sorry for the contestants, even though right now I don't want to see one more performance from any of them. They do seem to be a somewhat earnest bunch.

And there is NO excuse for a competitive music program to not provide the song information prior to the performance. And then, to get one wrong, like The Band's -- The Weight, is just unforgiveable.

I fear that this show will survive much longer than it should. I'm not even sure a re-tooling will make it watchable.

Just. make. it. stop.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    It's like watching one of the 80's teen movies.
    How dare you slander 80's teen movies like that!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well, sounds like I didn't miss much. My channel went fritzy because of thunder last night and couldn't catch much of anything: audio or video. But by the sounds of it, I may as well not waste my energy trying to straighten out my rabbit ears! Yes, I did say rabbit ears! No cable . Don't ask.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I disagree with those that say none of these guys could be successful on AI because let's be real, AI has put some real dogs in their top 24 over the years. Copa Cabana anyone? But overall the talent just wasn't there. It seems most of the girls were there not because of singing skills but because they were attractive. Some of the guys were really weak and left me wondering how the hell they made it on the show. I only liked 2 of the singers Scotty and Austin and I thought there were one or two more solid ones but overall it was a joke.

FORT Fogey
    THE Lamest. Show. Evah.

Special Bleh to the host.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    THE Lamest. Show. Evah.
    Well, that does pretty much sum it up.

FORT Fogey
    the concept is very big oversea! it's just the way they tried to twist in the usa and the talent isn't helping. and i agree the girsl are just eye candy and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
    And the judges? 3 morons. Raving over every single contestant - and over the top raving on the very worst of them. Horrible, just horrible. I believe I'm out.
    That was the worst of what I saw, far worse than the delusional singers.

I'd expect judges to have a firmer grip on reality and the ability to say a performance was nightmarish when there's no other word that comes close to describing it.

I thought the judges were too easy on the contestants. They're music experts???? I DO NOT like the show!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123