+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The One, Making A Music Star

The One, Making A Music Star

Premieres- ABC - July 18, Tuesday 9/8c
    Premieres - CBC - July 18, Tuesday at 8pm in the West, 9pm in the East, 10pm Atlantic and 10:30pm in Newfoundland.

THE ONE, MAKING A MUSIC STAR

Based on the international sensation, the series will follow the lives of contestants as they attend a fully functioning music academy that turns aspiring singers into music stars through professional training.

The show will follow all the drama in the music academy, as it offers vocal coaching and celebrity mentors who will turn potential into talent in a state-of-the-art training and recording facility. Each week contestants will perform live for the audience, who will have to vote to keep their favorites in the competition. In addition, the contestants' coaches will also serve as judges. The winner will receive a recording contract with a major record company.

http://www.cbc.ca/theone/
    -------------------------------------------------

[Attachment 17738Attachment 17739

THE ONE: MAKING A MUSIC STAR WILL PREMIERE JULY 18 AND THE FIRST RESULTS SHOW PREMIERES JULY 19 ON ABC/CBC

Go Behind-the-Scenes to See Eleven Talented Performers Share the Opportunity of a Lifetime As They Learn From Successful Music Business Professionals - While Competing for a Major Recording Contract

Every singer has a dream -- and for the eleven contestants attending a state-of-the-art music academy in Los Angeles on the new series, The One: Making a Music Star, they will now be one step closer to stardom, training with some of the most well-respected music industry professionals as they compete for a major recording contract. Based on Operación Triunfo, the smash hit and critically-acclaimed Spanish Endemol series, The One: Making a Music Star premieres LIVE on TUESDAY, JULY 18 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), with the LIVE results show to air the following night, WEDNESDAY, JULY 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

For the first time, viewers will have an exclusive VIP pass to an intimate and dramatic look at a select group of up and coming singers who will learn what it really takes to be a recording star. These singers will be on camera 24/7, providing a real-life soap opera as they live and learn together. And behind the scenes, viewers will have access to all of the drama between the contestants -- including romances, rivalries and more.

To prepare for their live performances, the contestants will train with an artist development team. This group of top-notch professionals will provide invaluable instruction in vocal coaching, choreography, image consulting, fitness training and more.

The long hours of training, practices and rehearsals will lead up to a weekly live performance, where the group of singers will perform a song within their genre. They will use all that they have learned earlier in the week from the artist development team and face the immense pressures and anxieties of performing live in front of an audience.

On every Tuesday performance show, the contestants sing live in front of America and a studio audience. Throughout the show, viewers will also get a first-hand look at the behind-the-scenes drama of the contestants, as they live together and train with the artist development team. Immediately following this performance, America can vote for their favorite contestant by phoning in, text messaging or voting online at abc.com.

The outcome will be announced during a results show which will be televised the following evening, with one contestant being eliminated each week. The One: Making a Music Star results show premieres on WEDNESDAY, JULY 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET). Emotions will be high and drama is certain to ensue, as the Experts and contestants get to save two of the bottom three from elimination.

After 10 weeks and 20 episodes, the eventual winner will receive a recording contract with Interscope/Geffen/A&M Label Group, a leader in the music industry and home to such diverse talent as Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Eminem, Nelly Furtado, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Gwen Stefani, Sting and U2.

The One: Making a Music Star is produced by Endemol USA, a division of Endemol Holding. David Goldberg is the President of Endemol USA. The series is executive produced by Matt Kunitz, and will air with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning.
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/theone/index.html

TICKETS available for Hollywood tapings: http://www.ocatv.com/schedule.php?show_id=106
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:04 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL
    This show will be hosted by George Stroumboulopoulos. Many Canadians will know him as he was formerly a VJ on Muchmusic, and currently is the host of CBC Newsworld's The Hour.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

And America yawned.

Rockstar, a great show with great talent hardly got noticed. Does ABC really think they can do better? Also, I love how they act like they are the first to show musicians living together on air. Hah!

I won't dismiss this completely until I've seen it. I mean even the biggest copycat show might still have some good performers, but I'm still kind of laughing at their pre-show posturing. The idea that they can "train" people is kind of new, I admit, and maybe if they focus on that more than the soap opera theatrics it might actually turn out well.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think I'll give it a try & see what it is all about But, ABC never seems to get the whole reality tv thing right. Ever since they destroyed The Mole with celebrity editions they have been scrambling to find the key.

FORT Regular
    I'm going to give this a try. I've been massively disappointed with Rock Star this season, so perhaps this will be better. Worth a shot, at least.

I'm not sure if I can post this yet, but here goes. All I have to say is..... So far, Soooooo painful!

Nearly unwatchable. If they had torn down the crappy singers, it might have been worth it... but to rave over them after they just sang worse than anything you can see on an average karaoke night, was painful. I'm out.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    The show is terrible! The performers are terrible! I 'pity the fool' who has to do the recap for this show!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I thought the premeire of The One was horrible!!! I had no feelings for them like I did in American Idol. The judges were too easy on the contestants.

So I wasn't wasting my time watching "Rockstar" instead?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread