View Poll Results: Who will be the American Idol? (Guests may vote)

Voters
4101. This poll is closed
  • Ruben Studdard

994 24.24%
  • Clay Aiken

3,107 75.76%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the American Idol? (Guests may vote)

Okay, you're free to go, WIW24

The poll's been viewed 2400 times, but there are 3400 votes, so something's a little funky

i voted for Clay! He is soo gonna win
    ~*Clay Forever*~

Clay's Ahead In Several Online Polls

Clay's voice lights mine...He has demonstrated a great deal of stylistic versatility... His vocal skill will only get better, now that he's getting serious, ongoing, vocal coaching for the first time...
    That's why he has my vote...
    Clay's voice lights mine...He has demonstrated a great deal of stylistic versatility... His vocal skill will only get better, now that he's getting serious, ongoing, vocal coaching for the first time...

BIG DITTO that for me...I'm a vocalist and although I like Ruben's voice, it's not near as "unique" as Clay's to me.

Rube reminds me more of a lead singer in a church choir" (not knocking that...I was a choir singer too...but it ain't "pop")with a long, heavy vibrato, over-used "gospel" type vocal runs. He's also a bit "pitchy" in his upper registers. He's not as exciting a performer either. The voice is wonderful...but does not have as unique a quality, nor range, nor effectiveness (WOW Factor) as Clay's... Also, I can't help but point out (everyone seems to miss this) but Rube's often flat or off-key during those vocal runs. Those runs can be quite impressive, but you should "hit" the note first, then run with it...he sometime's doesn't. The run camouflages the bad note though...it's just sort of "bent" for a second and then quickly left behind...you can miss it...but it's like chalk on a blacboard to me. I have been so shocked that none of the judges have called him on it. Randy sure let others know about their "pitchiness." So I think he's gotten a free ride with the judges critically...too bad, cuz he didn't get to grow from it...the result was (with exception of a few WOW performances) he sounded the same to me every week.

Clay, on the other hand, has been consistently good, put critiques to good use, and improved on a voice that was outstanding in the first place.

OK, guess that's it for me...I could go on about Clay's superiority vocally for a page or two more...but I won't. I'm real sorry for Simon if he thinks Ruben's more marketable (which we can't really be certain of...that's pure speculation) because I believe America's voters have already spoken about whose more marketable. We'll see Wednesday night! (I wish it were Clay and Kimberly Locke, but oh well).
    bbop

Clay's Ahead In Several Online Polls

I started my last post with the "Clay's Ahead in Several Online Polls" header and then forgot to include it.

I'm in the process of searching out any and all online Polls with vote's cast between the two (Clay and Ruben) just to try to get a handle on what might happen Wed night. That's how I found this site...the third I've visited.

Anyway...In each of these three...Clay is ahead. At Hollywood.com, Clay is 86.6% to Ruben's 13.4%.

And at Coolquiz.com...here's the stats:

Who's the best singer?
    15%
    Avril Lavigne

6%
    Kelly Clarkson

0%
    Nelly

6%
    50 Cent

12%
    Eminem

3%
    Britney Spears

3%
    Christina Augilera

48%
    Clay Aiken(from american idol)

0%
    Ruben Studdard(from american idol)

Now, here at fansofrealitytv.com...Clay's at 80 something percent (forgot the numbers while writing this)....ANYWAY, that's interesting and a relief to me...since I'm a Clay voter.
    bbop

US Magazine did a phone poll and Rueben is leading by a landslide. I'll post the numbers later. They put odds in there too that I don't understand
    I'd like someone to explain them too me

I'll post them when I find it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

bbop, most of the on-line polls are being exploited by cheaters, including this poll. I wouldn't read anything into it except how bad some Clay fans want their pick to appear ahead of Ruben in cheatable polls.

Originally posted by John
    This particular forum, guests may vote. That means, unfortunately, that people can clear their cookies and vote multiple times. Which, it's apparent people are doing, because we have less views on this thread than votes.

Hmmm... thought there was something wrong there!

i voted clay

LG.
    there are almost 4,000 votes in this poll.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yes, and just over 2500 views of this poll

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast