View Poll Results: Who will be the American Idol? (Guests may vote)

Voters
4101. This poll is closed
  • Ruben Studdard

994 24.24%
  • Clay Aiken

3,107 75.76%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the American Idol? (Guests may vote)

This particular forum, guests may vote. That means, unfortunately, that people can clear their cookies and vote multiple times. Which, it's apparent people are doing, because we have less views on this thread than votes.

Daphne
    Clay and Ruben probably have record contracts coming their way so whoever wins the American Idol title will have deserved it and will be singing a duet with Kelly Clarkson.

You're Still The One! Olivia909's Avatar
    I had to vote for my boy Clay!
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

FORT Fogey
    I voted for Ruben because I think that he has a more versatile voice. He could sing Opera if he chose to.
    Simon is right about Clay, he is best suited to the musical theatre. He has the perfect voice for that.

Originally posted by John
    This particular forum, guests may vote. That means, unfortunately, that people can clear their cookies and vote multiple times. Which, it's apparent people are doing, because we have less views on this thread than votes.
    That's sad. I would have liked for a better count...

hmmmm, assuming that everyone only viewed this thread once when they voted (which we know is not true as John as commented twice, and this is my second time viewing) there are an extra 1,230 votes here. The truly sad thing is that people are voting multiple times on a poll that will have no bearing on whether or not the contestant wins.

ALSO, another sad thing, (if I'm figuring this right, and I am on my first bit of coffee after a loooooong couple days), but it seems that even if we say every multiple vote went to clay, (it probably didn’t) and subtract that amount, he’d still be winning, meaning of course that people didn't have to try to "cheat" the system.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Wow Cali. Your brain works that early in the morning? Mine doesn't even start til at least 10.

I voted for Ruben. I really want him to win, and there's just something about Clay that I, well, I just don't like.
    (sorry Clay fans) Go Ruben!

RS cover, July 10, 2003 MelanieLaMew's Avatar
    Caligirl, I think either one of them could sing opera if they wanted to get that kind of training.
    Both have great voices and cute grins. Beyond that it's just a matter of who lights your fire, vocally or otherwise.

Clay's voice lights mine. Not only more than any other AI contestant, but more than only a small handful of voices I've heard over a period of 5 decades.

He has demonstrated a great deal of stylistic versatility, not just on AI but in the demos he did for local events in Raleigh a few years ago, which have probaby been heard now by at least tens of thousands of fans. His vocal skill will only get better, now that he's getting serious, ongoing, vocal coaching for the first time.

That's why he has my vote.

Both guys are stars now, as they should be.

I love Clay's voice, so I voted for him. I don't care for Ruben's voice. It does nothing for me.

Good luck to both of them, though.

I like both of them but voted for Clay.

FORT Fanatic
    Just for the record, I voted for Clay only once, but didn't leave a post, and as far as cookies go....If you're talking about the oreo's the dog ate them. Seriously, I wouldn't know how to "clear my cookies". I'm the one who couldn't find her way out of the Clay Aiken thread, remember?
    Why is it that kamikaze gnats always aim for my drink?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast