Poll: Survivor: Do quitters deserve to be on the jury?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survivor: What should happen to quitters?

Survivor: What should happen to quitters?

Both NaOnka and Purple Kelly quit the game with only 11 days left. Do you think they should still be on the jury?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fan

Re: Survivor: What should happen to quitters?

ABC needs to change the rules so that quitters are not allowed on the jury.

I voted for "send the bums home." Preferably crated up with some leftover Survivor chickens in the Cargo hold of a WorldWarII army surplus plane!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Trouble is they need the bodies for the jury. Jeff Probst explained that when they originally can up with the concept of Survivor no one thought about the posibility if someone would quit the show. This is one reason why the cast grew from 16 to 18 and now 20 people and why they now have double eliminations. With fewer people I always felt I knew the cast, that I could connect with a person and could follow their progress through the episodes. The moments that stand out for me are season 4's Kathy and Pearl Islands with Rupert, Osten, Johnny Fairplay. Unless you have a real stand out player like Russell Hantz most of the players and season sorta merge together. At least with Russell, love or hate him and you do both, he galvanizes the game and show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Send them home, no money, no prizes. Keep the earlier eliminated tribe members sequestered as well, and if a jury-eligible contestant quits, just use the last-eliminated contestant in their place.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really don't get why it affects the jury so much - 2 are gone, they still have the same odd/even they had before. Just send the real losers home.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I seem to be the only one who thinks they should be there.
    I would have liked for them to stay and not quit, but I just have to empathize with them.
    I don't know if I could stick it out that long myself, so I am not going to cast any stones at these 2. Even though, it would be all too easy to cast stones at NaOnka.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

it should be in the contracts, you quit, you forfeit all rights to pay, prizes and bonuses.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

I think they should impliment a new rule from now on: if you quit, no matter when, you're completely out of the game. I only voted that they stay on the jury because I think they need enough people on the jury this season. But this should be the last time that happens. If you quit, you don't deserve anything.
    I do like how Jeff introduced them at the last tribal meeting: "the members of the jury and the two Quitters."
    I could never go very far in Survivor so that's why I don't try out for it. But I only have scorn for anyone who just quits, unless it's for an injury or serious health problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4124184;
    Send them home, no money, no prizes. Keep the earlier eliminated tribe members sequestered as well, and if a jury-eligible contestant quits, just use the last-eliminated contestant in their place.
    I agree. You quit, you shouldn't have access to the perks. I say don't even let them do the reunion show.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast