View Poll Results: Donald Vs. Rosie: Whose Side Are You On?

Voters
505. This poll is closed
  • The Hair.

106 20.99%
  • The Mouth.

166 32.87%
  • They're both making themselves look like fools. So here's a fluffy kitten.

233 46.14%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Donald Vs. Rosie

I'd have to refamilarize myself with her initial comments to get the details that may prove me wrong, but I'd say that the reality would be closer to she didn't anticipate that her remarks would set off an ongoing feud rather than she didn't want it to go any further.

As I'm recalling, her comments mostly related to the at that point current tale about one of Trump's beauty queens turned bad girl miscreants (which I thought was promo based disclosures).

Whatever she said personalized about Trump appeared to relate contextually to the story about the young women in the news. Trump wasn't her primary focus, and noting/questioning his official capacity of moralizing arbitrator (as owner of the product) didn't appear to me to be at all out of place or out of line.

She may have been less than graceful in her remarks (is that surprising, her being her?), but her comments didn't need to, nor should have gone any further than they did. In my opinion.

Donald feeling the need to respond seemed to me to say more about him rather than her initial comments said about her.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    They both have to grow-up!

-Both rich
    -Both have great careers
    -and.....they are, well their not the most beautiful human beings, but they can affored surgery...

So why trash talk each other, when they can just Laugh their asses of, drinking martini's in the Bahama's! Geez, celebrities these days...
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

I also was ready to vote Rosie but I couldn't resist the kitten. Plus I think it's all gone overboard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2204404;
    I'd have to refamilarize myself with her initial comments to get the details that may prove me wrong, but I'd say that the reality would be closer to she didn't anticipate that her remarks would set off an ongoing feud rather than she didn't want it to go any further.

As I'm recalling, her comments mostly related to the at that point current tale about one of Trump's beauty queens turned bad girl miscreants (which I thought was promo based disclosures).

Whatever she said personalized about Trump appeared to relate contextually to the story about the young women in the news. Trump wasn't her primary focus, and noting/questioning his official capacity of moralizing arbitrator (as owner of the product) didn't appear to me to be at all out of place or out of line.

She may have been less than graceful in her remarks (is that surprising, her being her?), but her comments didn't need to, nor should have gone any further than they did. In my opinion.

Donald feeling the need to respond seemed to me to say more about him rather than her initial comments said about her.
    To me, it wasn't so much what she said, although she was actually out of line there too, but the way that she dragged her hair over and pursed her lips to try and make fun of him. It's never a good idea to start something like that just because you want to get a laugh. Other peoples feelings are involved and often, they aren't laughing.

And I disagree, I think that Trump was her primary focus. If not, why the cracks about his morality? And what business would that be of hers?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2204659;
    To me, it wasn't so much what she said, although she was actually out of line there too, but the way that she dragged her hair over and pursed her lips to try and make fun of him. It's never a good idea to start something like that just because you want to get a laugh. Other peoples feelings are involved and often, they aren't laughing.

And I disagree, I think that Trump was her primary focus. If not, why the cracks about his morality? And what business would that be of hers?
    I didn't see her making her comments, just read about them. I'd (apparently wrongly) assumed that the mocking imitations you refer to entered further into the feud. Your stance against her was never difficult to appreciate, but its that much easier understanding hearing that she didn't restrict herself to just verbal comments.

I don't know what kind of history there may have been between Donald and Rosie prior to this, but from the image I'd picked up of Trump in passing over the years, it didn't seem out of place to read about someone speaking of the irony connected with him pronouncing moral based judgement on the contestants of the product he controls.

I guess you're right. It was directed at him, but aside from the clowning which boomeranged, it still appears to connect mostly to the paegent to me. Were the beauties not in the news, would she have still been making fun of Trump just to do so?

I'm asking, I don't know. I won't assume she wouldn't, not with her appearing to possess a mouth so intent on sharing her every thought.

She's always been very blunt, and he certainly has never been shy about speaking his mind, either. I was going to give my vote to the The Donald, but then I saw the fluffy kitten GO, KITTEN !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Were the beauties not in the news, would she have still been making fun of Trump just to do so?
    No, I don't think so.
    If I remember correctly, the only reason they were talking about Trump was because of the Miss USA issue.
    Again, this was a while ago and my memory could be shaky, but as I recall Rosie's initial comment was that it was ridiculous/overblown to hold a press conference to announce that Miss USA would retain her crown.
    She then launched into her Trump inpression with the combover and pursed lips.
    Conan does a great Trump impression which I've never heard Trump complain about (although he obviously might have) so I have to think Trump was more irritated by what Rosie said than the impression itself.
    If he cared about that why is Conan still doing it? Wouldn't Trump have commented on that too, or does he get a bye because they're on the same network?

She didn't need to attack him and he definitely didn't need to respond in the manner in which he did by commenting on numerous shows, sending letters and the like imo.
    Thankfully it appears to be dying down now.

LG.
    Conan's impersonation of Trump is hilarious, and Conan does it all the time, not just when The Donald is in the news. I think the difference is that Conan doesn't attack Trump's character. He just lampoons the hair and posture and whatnot. Same with Conan's impersonation of Schwartzenegger (which he also does all the time). That is more lampooning his accent and mangled English, but not attacking his character or questioning his morality. Rosie hits below the belt with personal insults, but then cries a river when someone turns around and retaliates. They are both idiots.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez;2204458;
    They both have to grow-up!

-Both rich
    -Both have great careers
    -and.....they are, well their not the most beautiful human beings, but they can affored surgery...

So why trash talk each other, when they can just Laugh their asses of, drinking martini's in the Bahama's! Geez, celebrities these days...
    Rosie doesn't see herself as rich. There's a clip "online" with her arguing with Barbara Walters about things rich people do, and its clear that Rosie has a kind of reverse snobbery, supported no doubt by the fact that she's got the security blanket of actually BEING rich to support her pride at not knowing what function place cards have at formal dinners, or why she should bother to learn what fork to use.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2204659;

You nailed it. It's one thing to state an opinion it's another to do it the way she did. She needs something to get people watch her.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast