Poll: Which is better - Big Brother All-Stars or a regular season?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which is better - Big Brother All-Stars or a regular season?

Which is better - Big Brother All-Stars or a regular season?

What say you? Do you love the idea of All-Stars, or do you just want another regular season?

I want all new hamsters. New personalities, new alliances, no pre-conceived notions about each other. Obviously I'm not going to get that this season, but I sure would prefer it.

With the All-Stars, it's possible that houseguests will target others based on their popularity, like say vote out Janelle or Kaysar early (if they're there) because they were such fan favorites. (and likely to get any America's Choice, etc) I wouldn't blame other houseguests if they go that route though, it would probably be a smart move.

Really strong personalities together (like Beau, Howie, Alison, Holly, Jase, etc) could really get annoying. Then again, it's possible this could be the best season ever. I'm not counting on it, but I'm hoping.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

While it will be good to see some of my favorites again (if they are chosen), I'd rather see all new houseguests in a regular season. I think the All-Stars season will be too predictable.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I completely agree with everything you said suncat.

Of course I'd love to see my favorites again, though fat chance that any of them will be picked. I used to want an all-stars for BB, TAR and Survivor as much as the next guy. Now that Survivor tried and failed, I was hoping all other reality shows would learn their lesson. I think BB (and TAR, if it ever tries it *crosses fingers that it won't*) will fail just as miserably. BB especially because it involves nominating and voting people off, so of course winners, popular players, and those that went farthest in the game will no doubt be targeted first. I can't see Dr. Will making it to the halfway mark this time, let alone the end. I don't know if the producers will try to make sure one season doesn't have a majority of HG in the house, but what if BB5 or BB6 has more contestants represented from their season than any other? Will it be a revenge thing against their former housemates ala Jerri Manthey, or will they band together and pick everyone else off? The worst thing about the Survivor AS were the egos. BB hamsters have big enough egos as it is, but I can't imagine what being in an AS will do to them.

Needless to say, I'll watch. BB comes once a year and I skipped most of last season so I'm going through serious withdrawls here, especially where the live feeds are concerned. And at least I have my BB tapes of previous seasons to go back and watch should AS tank

I'd prefer a new batch of hamsters, also, but I'm still holding out hope that this season just might be good. Depends on the mix we get. Former housemates won't necessarily align together...some of the more recent ones may want to align with the legendary Dr. Will, or they may really click with other earlier players instead of people they know from their season. Who knows?

I'll try and remain optimistic until BBAS proves that it sucks.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I'd prefer a new batch of hamsters, also, but I'm still holding out hope that this season just might be good. Depends on the mix we get. Former housemates won't necessarily align together...some of the more recent ones may want to align with the legendary Dr. Will, or they may really click with other earlier players instead of people they know from their season. Who knows?

I'll try and remain optimistic until BBAS proves that it sucks.
    New or old cast, that will depend on whether I like it or not. It's always in the casting for me. The big difference with AS is that at least it won't take me time to learn to love/hate anyone like it does with a new bunch I'll try to keep a positive thought until the 20 candidates are revealed.

And who wouldn't want to align with Dr. Will? After all, align with him and you're guaranteed at least another week in the house because he'll most likely go first.

I don't believe you can turn back the clock, and strongly prefer new faces.

What made the best and the worst houseguests wasn't just them as individuals but how they meshed (or didn't) with those they were with. It developed naturally. Now to see them trying to play the same role it'll come across as manufactured rather than genuine to me.

I'll still watch. I hope they go heavy with the wretched of the past. I can't ever get enough of watching them savage one another.

Everyone has encapsulated it so well. I agree, and wish we had newbies in the house that we would get to know. Frankly, it's hard to think of a former hamster that wasn't annoying on the feeds. But if we end up with Holly I will cry, because I will be watching.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I agree with everyone else...I see this season being way too predictable unless they stick to putting only the "evil" ones in there, like Will or any of the Friendsheep or Allison and just let them tear each other's throats out. Now that could be a lot of fun to watch.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Definitely regular. All-Stars should be an additional series to the regular summer show, not a replacement.

It's bad enough that they have been casting too many Hollywood-wannabes, but to have a cast full of Hollywood wannabes that we've already seen... I just don't see how that's going to be very interesting.

But of course, it's better than nothing. So I'll be watching. Hopefully I'm wrong, and this will be great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast