(Registered members may comment here.)

Hello dear readers, tis I, Iguanachocolate, back once again for your results show pleasure. Thank you so much to Phonegrrrl for filling in for me and if you have not read her recap, here, of last week’s show yet, well, why haven’t you?! It was all of the fun and none of the commercials of the show itself. And, while you’re at it, make sure to read Waywyrd’s recap of last night’s performance show here.

The show begins with a group number choreographed by Mandy Moore. It was light and sweet and just like a Precious Moment’s figurine. After the saccharine delight, our exquisite host, Cat Deeley, graces the stage looking fantabulous in a shimmering blue metallic dress and the wind blowing in her hair. At first I thought it was my imagination, all of that wind blown loveliness, but then she comments how she would like the wind machine every week and I breathe, “Yes, please.”

Anywho, the show must go on. First, judge Adam Shankman jumps on the pimp mobile by announcing the winner of SYTYCD will receive a featured role in the movie he is now producing. Eh, I shouldn’t make light of the offer as Shankman has worked on such movies as Hairspray, Stuck On You and The Wedding Planner. Quite a coup for any dance, I would think. Nigel gives a speech about how they are all going to be rejected at some time and they had better get used to it and Mary simpers about how she just loves them all, yada yada yada. I’ve just learned to tune her out. Her mouth moves and my selective deafness kicks in.

Now come the solos, which as Cat reminds us, will be the last for two of the dancers. First up we have Courtney – she does the same leaping-writhing about on the floor dramatic movement stuff she has done in every solo. It’s good, though reminds me a bit of a terrific meal that you take home in one of those foil swans and then reheat in the microwave the next day – all right, but not as tasty as when it was fresh. Then comes Mark – love this guy. He may not have the most technique of the dancers left, but he surely has the most imagination. Made me want to go out and buy a pair of suspenders. Katee, her usual self, see Courtney’s description above, rinse and repeat. Josh is amazing, his leaps are so high. Chelsie brings something a bit new to the table for her – a country western steppin’ number. Her legs move so fast, it amazes me. And Twitch is just happy in his piece done to “Be Happy”.

After they dance their solos (for what may be the final time on the SYTYCD stage – did you know that?!) a little bundle of energy comes out in the form of a 6 year old hip hop dancer named Lil Demon. He is absolutely adorable and stole my heart as well as Cat’s. Almost makes me want a kid of my own. I said almost. I am not insane, after all.

The final three girls line up on stage and after the montage of their performances, Cat quickly tells Katee she is safe, leaving Courtney and Chelsie in the bottom two. Next the guys, repeat the montages and then Josh is sent to safety, leaving Twitch and Mark in the bottom two.

After the break we are tortured, I mean treated, to a performance by someone named Lady GaGa. She sounds like every other little one pop sensation on the radio and dances about the same. Needless to say, she would not make it even to Vegas if she auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance. She might make the gag reel of bad dancers. Maybe.

And here we are the end of the hour and the moment at hand. Who will be eliminated? Who will be in the final four? With precision finely honed over the season, Cat quickly names Chelsie and Mark as the eliminated dancers. I can’t say as though I didn’t see it coming. I have to wonder though, if the results may have been different if Chelsie and Mark had done the solos they did tonight, last night. They were far superior to what the laid out for us before. And different gets votes. Oh well, we’ll never know.

Join Waywyrd for the final competition show on Wednesday and then join me for the two hour finale extravaganza on Thursday. Till then, have a dance on me.

The Final Four: