(Registered members may comment here)

It’s the end of the road for Top Model’s Megg, who was challenged to be beautiful even through a fake beard and a frumpy costume. Megg seemed to enjoy herself in all the show challenges -- until it came to her last photoshoot, and she was faced with an outright ugly costume and told to “make the model come through the beard.” Unfortunately, her fun-loving personality couldn’t rock it, and it spelled the end of her ANTM career.

Hi Megg, it’s a pleasure to talk to you today…

Hey, how’s it going?

…although I have to say that I didn’t expect to be talking to you this week.

I don’t think any of us were expecting that!

So first off, some general questions for you: how tall are you?

About 5’9”.

How did you come to be on the show?

I never really watched the show, but what happened was that people would say to me that I “should really go on that show America’s Next Top Model.” I would say, “I don’t know.” Finally, a casting scout found me on Myspace, and she invited me to go try out for the show. I thought, “You know what? I have a really good feeling about this. I had a great feeling about it.” So I was like, let’s just go do it.

What was your favorite photoshoot?

The nude. I love that nude, it was good.

How about the contortionist challenge, what did you think about that?

I thought it was definitely a lot of fun. I’ve never stretched in those ways before, but it was a lot of fun. I had a great time with it.

What was the most difficult part of the experience?

The most difficult part of the experience was to stop myself from thinking so much. I just had so much on my mind. It was so hard to let everything go and just do what I had to do.

There seemed to be a lot of parties and late nights on the episode we saw last night – what was the atmosphere like in the house?

The atmosphere – I don’t know, it was very strange. Thirteen girls? I mean, there was drama, but there were also the fun times when I hung out with the girls I was chill with. We would go swimming a lot. It was just chill, it had its ups and downs. It was alright.

The times we saw you on the episodes you seemed to be having a good time and laughing at others who were taking it more seriously.

Yeah.

But then when you were close to elimination it became obvious that you took it very seriously. Do you think the judges had the impression that you were just having fun?

No, I don’t think so. I was having fun but I was also trying hard to do their shoots, and if I was just having fun, I wouldn’t have tried so hard, you know? I have fun because it creates a positive atmosphere for me to be in.

Who were you close to in the house?

I was closest to Eugena and Caridee, and later I became close to Anchal.

Can you give us your insight into the other women in the house? I’d like to read off their names and you could give me a few words or a sentence about them.

Yeah, how about that.

AJ: Rockin’ AJ! She’s so cool. She’s her own person, she’s real.

Amanda: Amanda and Michelle, the twins. Very passive. Very passive people.

Were they very similar? Sometimes it seems like twins have similar personalities and other times it seems like they have opposite personalities?

I thought they were similar, but then Michelle is more of a tomboy. She’s more outgoing. Amanda, she’s a little more on the quiet side. She’s sweet.

Brooke: Like I said yesterday, she’s so cute you just want to put her on a cake. She’s so cute! (laughs)

Caridee: Wild Caridee, she’s awesome. She’s got the most outrageous, beautiful personality.

Eugena: I think she talks more than - She’s just – she needs to speak her mind more than she needs to talk behind people’s backs.

Jaeda: I don’t think I got to know her too well. She’s there. (laughs) I don’t know.

Melrose – you know, Monique called her a monster.

A monster? They were both monsters together. They created one big one. (laughs) Melrose, you know, she acts like she knows it all. But she needs to realize that accepting is a good thing in life. You can’t always know things.

Anchal: Anchal is insecure, but she’s a beautiful girl. She’s sensitive and she’s got a loving side, I think.

What did you think about the whole Melrose vs. Anchal theme of this last episode?

I thought it was unfair. Why was Melrose picking on Anchal? Anchal wasn’t doing anything to anybody. She just chills. She’s just a person. She has trouble thinking that she’s beautiful. But that’s something she went through her whole life, you know, it takes time to reject things that you’ve thought your whole childhood. Melrose needs to understand people a little better and be more open-minded.

Monique: I think she’s a child. She needs to grow up and accept her actions.

Christian: She was cool, she was nice. She had a real nice down-to-earth personality.

So you got the bearded lady. Was that any worse or better than what the other girls were given?

I definitely think I got the hardest one. I know Melrose got “old lady” but she had that amazing body thing to work with. I got a beard and this purple suit thing, you know? I thought it was very difficult, and I wasn’t upset that I got it, but I was like, “Okay, this is going to be very difficult to work with.” It was really hard for me to bring the model out of the beard. But I tried my best, and that’s all you can do.

On the set, Jay used the term “huge disappointment” to describe your photoshoot. Did you get that feedback from him on the set or was that just for the cameras?

As I was taking the pictures, he was just like, “Come on, give me something, we know you’ve got more than this;” stuff like that. Most of his feedback to me – I don’t know. When he said that he doesn’t think I can be a model, that’s his opinion, because people that put other people down – the people that they put down end up showing them something a little more, making them eat their words.

So it’s a negative motivation.

Oh, definitely, you should never think that of anybody. I mean, look what [guest judge and editor-and-chief of Seventeen magazine Atoosa Rubenstein] said when they were doing the deliberation about me, she made him eat his words, too.

She really stood up for you.

Yeah, and I appreciate that.

So what do you think of the judges and Tyra now that you’ve been through this experience?

I think they’re just doing what they have to do to find the kind of girl they’re looking for. It’s part of their show, and I still think of them very highly. I have immense respect for them.

Did you get to know Tyra at all?

We got to interact with Tyra a little bit here and there. It’s hard, we didn’t full-on get to know her, but I got a feel for her. She seems like she’s doing something for us, and that’s really nice of her. The fact that she’s even doing that says something nice about her, I think.

So she seems sincere?

Yes, she seems like this is what she wants to do for herself or she wouldn’t have done it.

It was so hard to watch you last night because it was obvious that it was important to you. How was it for you to watch yourself on the episode last night?

It wasn’t that hard for me to watch it. I’m so happy about how I came off in the episode. That’s how I am in real life, and that’s exactly what I would have said in that situation. I’m very thankful. Of course I cried because it brought back that emotion, but I came out of that show very proud of myself.

Do you still think that picture is a mess?

(laughs) I think there was better ones.

Can you tell me about your plans in the future?

Definitely it’s modeling, modeling, modeling! Modeling is my first priority. But I’m interested in pursuing my rock band too, because I don’t want to limit myself to one thing in life, but definitely modeling is the first thing that I want to do, because that’s what I want to do in life. Modeling is first on my list, that’s why I went on the show.

Is there anything else you’d like the fans to know?

Rock and roll, baby! (laughs)

Many thanks to Megg and CW for the interview.