(Registered members may comment here)

Whew. What a week this has been. Dilana gets thrown to the wolves, a piece of glass defies gravity and slashes Magniís noggin open and to top it all off, the weather sucks. Thereís nothing like getting a frosted perm at your favorite salon, only to have the humidity make you look like a Bichon Frise. Oh well, Aqua Net to the rescue.

First things first: Brooke looks hot even if itís in that L.A. wannabe biker kid of way. Meow.

If you havenít already, you should click your way over to AJaneís recap and see how all the rockers did. In a nutshell, Storm wore a purty little red dress, Ryan played three notes on a piano before using it as a tool for self gratification and Dilana, in Daveís opinion, gave the best show in two seasonís of Rock Star. I wouldnít go that far, but if it was that great perhaps itís time to shelve Mother Mother before I rip my uvula out.

Three Is A Magic Number. Yes It Is, Itís A Magic Number.
After the show and back at the mansion, thereís a lot of reflection and realization that half of the remaining six will be in the bottom three. Storm tries to validate being in the bottom by saying it doesnít necessarily mean you suck. Well, no. But it doesnít mean the fans love you either.

Storm stays at it back on the live stage. Dave tells Storm that she seems excited to be in the bottom three. Sheís excited to get the chance to ďrock outĒ and ďkick the snot out of somethingĒ.

Dilana says itís getting harder to lose fellow contestants- like losing a limb only not as painful. Magni bitched about doing a photo shoot to which Dave gave him a small hint. Itís part of the gig. Magni was pissed that he had to sit for four hours and Dave begins to give him a reality check when Magni blurts out, ďDonít you interrupt me young man.Ē Whether or not it was done in jest, Magni came off looking like an ass. You donít embarrass Dave Navarro. Thatís like calling Batman a pansy because he wears tights.

Itís On? Well, Turn It Off!
Thereís no better way to end an awkward moment than to rock out, dude! And thatís just what Supernova had in mind. After having all the rockers take the third Supernova song for a test drive in the studio, Lukas comes out smelling like roses and is invited to the stage to front the band with a song titled Itís On.

ItísÖuhÖnot exactly going platinum anytime soon. Lukasís look is a little more toned down this evening. Only half his hair is standing up and he went light on the mascara. I guess itís never too late to show your softer side.

So yeah, the song. How would I describe it? Go into your older brotherís room and rifle through his vinyl collection until you come across April WineĎs Power Play. Turn up the treble, turn down the bass and then turn the speaker dial so it comes out of one speaker. Flop down in the bean bag chair, fire up the strobe light and crack a cold Schlitz. If thatís your gig, then youíll love this song. For the rest of us, weíll stick to the rockerís covering the same nine songs over and over again.

On the bright side, Lukas saved this song with his usual charisma and dark vocals. He definitely deserves a pat on the ass followed by a ďGood game!Ē high five.

Going To The Clinic. Not That Kind Of Clinic
Hey kids, did you know that MSN has their own version of Myspace? Me neither, but they do. Since Rock Star is being partnered with MSN, a zany and groovy contest is being held to see which Live Space member has created the coolest Rock Star: Supernova fan site. The winning member is Rob Carlos from Seattle, Washington. Woohoo! Rob and a friend will be flown in to the finale in two weeks.

Itís almost time for the encore but not before Gilby pipes up. Thereís still a lot of work to do and as if to scold the little kids for spilling milk on the shag carpet, Gilby will be sitting down with the remaining five at the showcase room at Gibson for a song writing clinic. Heís going to help each of them write a brand new track for the Supernova album. Why do I have the feeling that Lukas will pull a J.D. and show up with nothing?

And from that weíre instantly thrust into the encore performance which is given to Toby. Toby tries to imitate the same intensity of last nightís performance of Billy Idolís Rebel Yell. He utilizes the stage, the area where the rockers are sitting (rubbing Magniís bald head for good luck) and even the ladies room. I even saw the curled upper lip ala Idol ala Elvis. Itís entertaining. Itís fun for the whole family.

One Left Seated
At last itís time to find out who is in the final three. As per usual, the bottom vote getters at the end of last nightís show are announced: Ryan, Storm and Lukas. Boos erupt all around. But wait! Thereís more. Dilana and Toby also saw themselves in the bottom three at some point during the night. Only Magni is left seated. Dave is surprised. He thinks after last nightís performances, nobody should be standing.

The first rocker in the final bottom three is Ryan. Itís no surprise, really. Will the dark horse ride again? Heís chosen to sing The Whoís Baba OíRiley. I love that song. He better not screw this one up.

As if he knows this is his final curtain call, Ryan pulls out a monster bottle of champagne during the intro lyrics and sprays it everywhere. Supernova looks less than impressed. Theyíre probably pissed at all the wasted booze. The bottle gets handed off to the rockers and Ryan does everything in his power to put in a great performance. Itís not bad if you like looking at sinking ships. He tries to get the crowd singing, he tries to get the crowd jumping. The keyword being he tried.

Storm is the second rocker in the bottom three. Sheís going risky tonight with Helter Skelter by The Beatles. She wants to pay homage to what she feels is the first punk song.

Clad in jeans, a studded belt and a fedora, she looks likes Kid Rock but with yabbos. She is electrifying but personally the song didnít fit her. She did do a lot of yelling and even ended the song with a little stage diving. The applause-o-meter is measured by Dave and Supernova golf clapping. Only slightly better than Ryan.

Only Toby, Lukas and Dilana remain standing. Toby breathes a sigh of relief as heís told he is safe. Both Lukas and Dilana have never been standing nor in the final three. Brooke welcomes Dilana to elimination night and tells her to take the stage.

Dilana is dedicating Psycho Killer to herself. And in true fashion of the song title, Dilana does go a bit psycho. She starts off solo before Nate Morton and the house band kick in with added emphasis. Sheís going nuts on stage and I love it. Lots of screaming and thrashing. Nobody puts Dilana in a corner. Sheíll rock her way out of it. She definitely put her signature on this Talking Heads classic.

Giddy-up and Take A Bow
After deliberating who will be going home, Gilby delivers the assessment on Ryan, Storm and Dilana.

Ryan: heís come the farthest out of anyone. He had one of the best audience receptions the band has seen tonight. ButÖis he right for Supernova

Storm: her first time in the bottom three. She has been solid but they havenít seen a lot of growth.

Dilana: her song came out of left field. She was a little lost in the middle of the song but she has earned so much credit with them

Here comes the Tommyhawk. He praises all three of them once again, particularly Ryan. Then comes the ďbutĒ. But he is not right for the band and just like that the dark horse comes in last. I hope you werenít betting on him.

Dave gives him a slew of props and wishes him the best. Ryan tells the band that he felt he couldíve given Supernova twenty years of great music. If they live that long. Instead, heíll be hanging out as a solo artist.

That concludes tonightís show. Donít forget kids. The finale is two weeks away. Stay tuned, stay rockiní and stay groovyÖ