+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Designated Survivor

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Designated Survivor

I think it's going to be better than I thought. There's just something about Keifer and his wife that's missing for me..that bugs me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think it's going to be better than I thought. There's just something about Keifer and his wife that's missing for me..that bugs me.
    I hadn't thought about it but they don't have a lot of natural chemistry do they?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I hadn't thought about it but they don't have a lot of natural chemistry do they?
    No, not for me. They seem more like brother and sister or something..cant put my finger on it..
    justCoz likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Could somebody please give a brief synopsis of last week's episode.
    I missed it live, and planned to watch it on demand, but that episode was never loaded into the system.
    i tried the ABC website, but for some reason, my provider Time Warner is not among the eligible systems to view it online.
    Thanks in advance.

I found a detailed explanation of the episode here....
    Designated Survivor Season 1 Episode 4 - TV Fanatic
    PWS likes this.

I've been wondering how they were going to write out Alex since they announced that Natascha McElhone quite some time ago. The next episode is going to be terrible. Get your tissues ready
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well that was horrible. And I wasn't prepared since I don't know all the inside news
    law638 likes this.

Oh, it definitely wasn't inside news. Her departure - and hiring for a different show - was pretty widely reported. IIRC, the news broke even before the season started.

I've spent the entire season wondering how they'd do it and, for a brief time, it looked like they'd divorce over this mess with her mother - maybe she'd be shown as complicit as well. I'm glad they killed her off because it isn't an ugly divorce story AND it gives Kiefer some good material. Plus, as much as I love NM, she wasn't going to come back. I like Alex, but it's not exactly a challenging role, is it? Just one step up from playing the supportive girlfriend.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That was a surprise to me! I'm glad I didn't spoil myself by reading this thread before getting a chance to watch the show. I can't say I'll miss her because I never warmed up to the character, but it was a surprise.
    Coco46 and law638 like this.

Now that was a tearjerker, telling the kids. Keifer can certainly carry this show himself.

Michael J. Fox is in for 4 episodes!
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345