+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Designated Survivor

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Designated Survivor

I liked it, although I think there is going to be similarity with Madam Secretary in that the Prez will come up with some less drastic "3rd way" solution to the crisis of the week. That opening imagery and the repeated scenes of the destroyed Capitol building are chilling. Very 9/11.
    I agree the general is over the top, but you need some internal conflict.

The show has been given an increase to a full season of 22 episodes.

FORT Newbie

I liked it!

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

FORT Fogey

I'm not giving up on this show yet, but the second episode bugged me. If they were going to copy so many things from 9/11, then I wish they hadn't acknowledged 9/11 happened. It kept taking me out of the episode.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm not giving up on this show yet, but the second episode bugged me. If they were going to copy so many things from 9/11, then I wish they hadn't acknowledged 9/11 happened. It kept taking me out of the episode.
    Something isn't sitting right for me. Maybe it's what you posted AC, I'll hang in for another show. My husband really enjoys it,so I'll record it for him. I prefer Madam Secretary....
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I picked up on the bad cops harassing Muslims scenario in the second episode. I think they are pushing a political message so I think I know who the bad guys are really going to be - any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IIRC, they explained at the beginning of the episode that the designated survivor was usually a low level cabinet member and that being chosen to NOT be present at the State of the Union is seen as a punishment (or maybe I just read an article that explained that). If Kirkman was on his way out, the President wouldn't have wanted him there representing the administration in any way. This policy has been in place for a very long time and nothing catastrophic has ever happened, so it's not as if the choice of DS would be taken very seriously like, "Okay, which one of these people will make a good president?"

Wasn't he just told that they were looking into replacing him? He wasn't actually fired yet.
    I live in WI, and Tommy Thompson went from Governor here to a cabinet post. He was on one of the local channels talking about when he was chosen as designated survivor.

The concept of Designated Survivor intrigued me and I am a Kiefer Sutherland fan so I jumped right in at the beginning. I have been enjoying it and I am glad it will get the full schedule of 22 episodes.

This show, I believe, will build incrementally with layers and nuances to be revealed as time passes. There is so much mindless drivel on TV that I am glad to find something that requires a bit of thought.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Out of all the new shows this is my "must watch" one. Love it!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I didn't think I'd like this show but I loved Maggie Q on Nikita so I gave it a try. Surprisingly I am enjoying it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast