+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Designated Survivor

Re: Designated Survivor

Wouldn't you know the teenage son's social activities is every parent's nightmare. How long before the media picks up on his drug dealing?

I really enjoyed this. It looks like the investigation will be part of every show as recognizable actors are playing FBI agents. So, there is a mystery and a thriller embracing fish out of water scenario. The wife (a lawyer) appears to be loving, supportive and smart. I hope that lasts.

The first fifteen minutes made me clutch as this scenario really could happen. I remember first hearing about a cabinet member as designated survivor during a State of the Union broadcast. Though they haven't mentioned him, the Vice President would also have been in the chamber along with the Speaker of the House, so they would have been killed also. Succession then falls to the cabinet with Secretary of State first in line. All of that collapses and the designated survivor is at the top of the list. I do wonder who swore him in as the Supreme Court would also be in attendance. I haven't heard whether they also have a designated survivor. If not, they should.

It's on my DVR for the series...I'm all set.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I kind of liked it, that is, what I saw of it. I missed the 1st 10-15 minutes. Forgot it was on. After that I was switching back & forth between that & the end of Big Brother. I really should have recorded it. Too much missed.
    I'll be watching the whole thing or recording next week. I'm watching for repeats of new shows this weekend. This will be one of those.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Hey guys, Kiefer Sutherland looks like a great write-in vote, considering our current options!
    dagwood, dzigner, Brooks and 7 others like this.
    I'm Paula.

I adore Kiefer, but no. From all accounts he's a functional alcoholic....... Or just a really active alcohol enthusiast. Also, just no.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I love his father, but Kiefer I'm not keen on. Donald has always kept it classy imho.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Keifer looks more like his Dad now that ever before.

^^^ I first saw the resemblance in Article 99. There's a moment when Kiefer's character puts on a white bucket hat just like the one his dad wore in M*A*S*H and I remember going "WHOA!" The resemblance was uncanny.

I really enjoyed the premiere. Great cast, cool premise. And Kiefer, one of my favorites. I'm really happy about Natascha McElhone too. I love her. I'll always remember her husband's tragic death when she was still pregnant. Since then, I've always rooted for her. I think she and Kiefer have nice chemistry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the portion that I saw. I'll have to catch up.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Not a fan of KS. I was watching hoping it would fill the make-believe political gap until SCANDAL comes back on. It has the same amount of "drama", just with a different focus. I'll give it another two episodes before I decide if it stays or gets deleted from the dvr schedule.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Not a fan of KS. I was watching hoping it would fill the make-believe political gap until SCANDAL comes back on. It has the same amount of "drama", just with a different focus. I'll give it another two episodes before I decide if it stays or gets deleted from the dvr schedule.
    Same here. KF isn't a very good actor( jmho) I found it OTT. Looking forward to Scandal
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast