+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Re: Stranger Things on Netflix

Netflix launching 'Stranger Things' post show - CNN

It comes out same day as season 2!

As if you weren't already going to binge on season 2 of "Stranger Things."

Netflix has some Halloween candy for you this year as there will now be a "Stranger Things" after show.

"Beyond Stranger Things" is set to be hosted by writer, producer, actor and super fan Jim Rash and according to the streaming giant "tackles inspiration for the series, behind-the-scenes stories, and analyzes every aspect of the second season -- answering all the burning questions."

It will also feature appearances by everyone from creators Matt and Ross Duffer to the cast of the hit series which has found success mixing sci-fi, horror and nostalgia.

Season 2 of "Stranger Things" the post show will drop on October 27.

Spoiler alert: Netflix is advising that you watch the new season in its entirety first before you dive into the after show.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Oops...

"Stranger Things" actor Charlie Heaton denied entry into U.S. over traces of cocaine - CBSNews.com

He wasn't arrested or charged, but was denied entry to the US and sent back to the UK. Not sure yet what this means for him long term.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I've been wondering over the last 12 or so hours (since I read about his arrest) about what will happen in season 3 if Charlie isn't allowed back into the US to work. I'd be bummed to lose him. Jonathan's really grown on me.

I watched the first 5 episodes starting around midnight and then finished the season a bit ago. Now I'm watching the Beyond episodes.

No spoilers, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed season 2. There's been talk online about how this season isn't as good as the first season, but how on earth could they top it? Part of what was great about season one is the novelty of it and the set-up of the show. I definitely didn't think this season was a let down at all.

How long until season 3?
    waywyrd and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am late with watching S2 of ST but loving so much just the THREE episodes I have seen.

I love the soundtrack. I need to know the name of that song playing when we saw EL at the very end of epi 1.

Chapman University is so proud of the Duffer Bros.

I hope CH can work through his issues and get back here for S3. I read he dates “Nancy” on ST.

Our LA News stated it was dogs that found the trace.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I love the soundtrack. I need to know the name of that song playing when we saw EL at the very end of epi 1.
    According to Shazam, it's Eight Fifteen by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein. I like the soundtrack too. Especially the Moby song in Season 1 when Eleven killed the monster and disappeared, When it's cold I'd lie to die. It's on my playlists now.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    According to Shazam, it's Eight Fifteen by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein. I like the soundtrack too. Especially the Moby song in Season 1 when Eleven killed the monster and disappeared, When it's cold I'd lie to die. It's on my playlists now.
    THANKS SO MUCH, Punkin!!! I LOVE THIS MUSIC!!! And loved it was playing when we (finally) saw EL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RyiEyCm5I

Oh I absolutely LOVED this by Moby!!! It was so emotional!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSCpmaIs4BQ
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    What did we ever do before Shazaam!? LOVE IT.

This is the music of my high school years. So many memories.

I enjoyed the season AND I enjoyed the "Beyond" episodes as well. I would have preferred that they were more of an after show, like Talking Dead, so I could watch one episode of the after show after watching each episode of the series. Still, it was fun to see the kids being themselves and interacting with each other, as well as the adult cast members and creators/producers.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

*whew* I can venture in here now that I've finished. I thought season two was fantastic, though I'm a little upset about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Bob

Still have to watch the "Beyond" stuff, then wait very impatiently for season 3....
    beerbelly likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm only two episodes in, but I'm so enjoying it. I had forgotten how wonderful these characters are. I also love how they are giving us nostalgia (pencil sharpener, Suxie and the Banshees).

Also, the camera angles are so yummy!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I went in skeptical. I liked the first season so much that I didn't really think we needed another. However, I stand corrected. I thoroughly enjoyed this season. They did a great job and it wasn't a let down in any way. I *loved* Sean Astin. He was a fantastic choice both because the show is so reminiscent of The Goonies and because he did a fantastic job in his role! I read that they initially intended for his character to be more of a bit part, but they liked him so much that they expanded his contribution.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast