+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Stranger Things on Netflix

Re: Stranger Things on Netflix

Just finished Stranger Things - well done and the kids are adorable. Evidently, a Season 2 is in the works. Almost done with Marcella - complicated lady and complicated plot - just what I like.
    Punkin likes this.

I'm just starting this, but I have a strong aversion to Winona Ryder... how much does she figure into it?
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter: She is the mother of the missing boy, so she is in it quite a bit. However, it mostly focuses on the kids.

Yeah, I'm almost through the first season. She's a small enough part that I can power through her scenes. I just find her insipid waif routine tedious.
    Count your blessings!

I'm only on episode 4 and find her extremely annoying. But the story is good enough that I can ignore her.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I finished last night and have questions about 3 events in the final episode. Should I use spoiler tags, or would someone who's seen it like to pm me?
    Count your blessings!

I am through EPI 4 and absolutely LOVE IT. OMG. Its so good. I am praying there is an S2!!!
    KAREN

I'm pretty sure there will be a season 2. I googled "Stranger Things ending" and got satisfaction for my questions, detailed reference points for 80's movie tie-ins, and so much sci-fi info, I'm feeling not as geeky as I did when I finished it.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    It was a perfect cross between Spielberg and Steven King! I too hope for a second season!
    I described it today as "Stephen King meets Goonies."

After having it in my queue for two weeks, I finally watched the whole season yesterday. LOVED it. I'm totally in love with those kids. Millie, who plays 11, is amazing. What a talent! That scene where she collapses (after the scene with the cat) in the lab and Matthew Modine's character picks her up and carries her down the hall - she was better in that scene that a lot of experienced actresses would be without having to say a word.

Very happy to know season 2 is happening!

Since I was around the age of these kids - okay, maybe the age of the older kids - in 1983, so I'm hyper-aware of little mistakes. Some of the music they used wasn't released until after 1983. I'll give them a little leeway if it's over the credits or something, but I think a character played New Order's "Elegia" (also notable for being on the Pretty in Pink soundtrack!) and that definitely didn't come out until maybe 1985. Same with The Bangles "Hazy Shade of Winter." I know - no one else would notice that stuff
    Last edited by Critical; 08-01-2016 at 10:39 PM.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

We finished the season last night - loved it! It's not often that my husband insists we sit down and watch several hours of a show at once. Glad to hear there will be more, they did a great job. The kids were terrific.

I noticed the Bangles song too (my favorite by them), I remember it because it came out in '85, the year I graduated.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast