Like Tree311Likes

Thread: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Which show, and what brought this on?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

I'll start.

Sex and the City - uncut, of course, ripped from my DVDs. The episodes that air on commercial television are so butchered that they don't make sense anymore.

As for why, I suddenly felt like watching the least political thing I had in my collection, lol.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I've binged SATC several times.

Right now I'm working through Bloodline on Netflix. I have to get it out of the way before Orange is the New Black next week...
    Punkin, beerbelly and Katydyd like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Prison Break. I have Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD (anything after that sucks, IMHO).

I figured since they're revising the show and resurrecting Wentworth Miller, I might as well refresh my memory -- such a well written show! So far-fetched with the whole tattoo of the prison on the young brother's body, yet somehow so believable. Loved how all the main characters were well-defined, each one with their own believable reason as to what landed them in prison in the first place and why they'd be willing to break out, even Sucre with such a short time left on his sentence. Loved the whole DB Cooper angle. Such good writing.

Then Season 3 happened and P.U. It jumped the shark. Still, if you're looking for a very well written show, not just a bunch of 'good guys -vs- bad guys cat and mouse chases,' but VERY well written and well defined characters, Prison Break is an excellent pick.
    Brooks likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I regularly binge The Walking Dead, but not all seasons. I go up to right before Beth is in the "hospital" and then I stop. So, yeah, season 1 through early season 5, then I'm out. If I'm at a loss as to what to watch (and really, I shouldn't be, since my Netflix queue is packed), I watch the whole thing over again.

I'm a big fan of the binge. I recently did both seasons of Grace and Frankie. Twice.

REALLY looking forward to OITNB!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I LOVE to binge watch a series, especially because when I love a show, I just can't wait a week (or more) to see each of the next episodes. So I'd rather wait and record the whole season (or when available, multi seasons) and then binge watch the whole thing!

The first show I ever binge watched was Homeland. I was several years behind, and just wanted to catch up to the current season --- so I binge watched the first 3 seasons. It was amazing to watch the show that way.

Then I binge watched the whole series of The X Files! That was fun!!!

Next were some of the old Masterpiece Theater series: Upstairs - Downstairs, The Forsyte Saga, The Dutchess of Duke Street, and several others. Loved them, especially to see the episodes all together --- like a loooong movie. Fabulous!
    beerbelly and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Just finished binge watching Bloodline, seasons 1 and 2. Really good.
    Lynda

Heartland. I saw the first 3 seasons are on Prime and it's my favorite TV show but I missed the first season.
    dreamonia likes this.

Leverage on ION. Well it's the lull between the spring season and summer season and not much is on. I still have a bit recorded on my DVR but it's nice to watch something fresh. I also watched season 1 of Leverage but at the time my schedule was too full to continue watching this series. It is a light hearted series with the premise of reformed bad guys helping the "little guy" out and it's fun.
    justCoz and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Person of Interest - season 5 again schedule was full and it sometimes is more fun to watch this way as it gives you a better impact of the story. Since I caught up on the season I will wait to binge watch the last three episodes it will be more fun that way.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast