+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Re: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

And if not, you can order it on inter-library loan.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I wouldn't call it binge-watching per se, as I barely have the time to use the Netflix account with my dad hogging it 6 to 12 hours a day, and if not him, then my sister's boyfriend's kids that we babysit often. But most recently I decided to watch Murder She Wrote for the first time, having heard about it but not knowing much else. Instantly I recognized Angela Lansbury from one of my favorite films as a child, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and the premise of a mature lady who writes mystery novels solving murders really grabbed at me, I've been quite into old school murder mysteries since one of my teachers in fifth grade gave one to my class as a special project and I got top marks. I'm absolutely charmed by the show and am trying to watch it as often as I can.
    Punkin and SpringMaiden27 like this.

I am sort of binge watching Game of Thrones. I've gotten through the first 3 seasons, but I can't usually find the time to watch a whole season at once.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

I sort of binge-watched Six Feet Under, as it was being shown on HBO about a week or so ago. I didn't realize they were doing a marathon until it was about half over, so I recorded all the rest of the episodes and watched as many as I could at a time. I used to love that show and still do, but apparently in the last 10 years or so I get more easily depressed ... and that is one show I would not recommend binge-watching. It can be very hard to take in large doses, but the acting and writing are fantastic. That show had the best series finale of all time, in my opinion.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.

It also had some fascinating characters. I think Brenda remains of the most complex TV characters ever.
    Imperfect1 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

Just now starting season 3 of Silicon Valley. Loving it!!! I'll be caught up to current episodes by tonight! Makes it easier to sail through a couple of seasons in a couple of days with half hour episodes!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Lynda

I watched season 1 of Mozart in the Jungle. It's very interesting and very stylish, and the subject matter is unique for a TV show (playing/conducting in a symphony). The scripts aren't all perfect -- they try to be a little too adult and then too schmaltzy at times -- but they are always creative. The actors are mostly great -- Gael Garcia-Bernal is perfect, and I love seeing Bernadette Peters chewing the scenery in anything.

I would compare it to "Smash" but Smash was a little too silly and one-dimensional regarding its subject matter. Mozart gets that way once in a while but in general it treats the subject with a little more depth. Serious musicians will recognize and click with moments in it. I'll definitely be watching more seasons.
    waywyrd and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It looks like "Peaky Blinders" is back! This is bingeworthy for sure, and it took a couple of years to air season 3.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." George Orwell

I'm binge watching Fuller House and enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

I am currently binge watching New Girl... Have watched 4 seasons in just 10 days! My sister started watching this series and I just tagged along.
    P.S: I love Zooey Deschanel!

+ Reply to Thread