+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748
Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Re: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Watched the second season of Santa Clarita Diet and it's soooo funny. Critical, I'm also not a huge Barrymore fan but Timothy Olyphant makes up for it. He and the adorable neighbor boy. Love the show.
    We just finished the second season too...loved it! It just keeps getting weirder. And Timothy Olyphant is a cutie.

Now binging The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. I only put it on my list because Sean Bean was in it, but after about three episodes I was really hooked.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I love TO allot. I miss JUSTIFIED so much. Great great series. So many talented actors in that series.

Now that being said I got to about 3 episodes of SCD and all that eating and all that blood.......question for all you SCD fans..........DOES THE EATING CONTINUE???

I just miss TO and love to tune in again just to get to see HIM but ....... gag me.
    KAREN

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I just watched all 10 episodes (2 seasons) of the Irish legal show Striking Out.. LOVED it. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone. The shots of the grand canal were amazing.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Now binging The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix. I only put it on my list because Sean Bean was in it, but after about three episodes I was really hooked.
    I'm on episode 4 now and also totally hooked! Funny to see Sean Bean and Kate Dickie play opposite each other on this show when they played bil and sil on GOT. I don't think Eddard and Lysa ever met on screen though.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm currently binge watching Bates Motel. LOVE it!
    Punkin, waywyrd and momrek06 like this.

Just saw that its watchathon week for Comcast in my area so I am starting on Netflix with the Crown!! I can get an ep or two in before Survivor!
    Miss_Griss and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Just saw that its watchathon week for Comcast in my area so I am starting on Netflix with the Crown!! I can get an ep or two in before Survivor!
    And after!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Iím also watching the Xfinity/Comcast Watchathon. I finished Big Little Lies, and not I am catching up on Game of Thrones. I watched an episode of Westworld, but not sure I will go back. I may watch Season 2 and 3 of The Affair.

Any other good recommendations from HBO or Showtime? I have Netflix already.

Westworld is pretty great. It takes a while to build and for you to see what's really going on, so maybe stick with it for a few more episodes. The first few seasons of Masters of Sex were excellent. If you never saw Rome, season one of that show is one of the more perfect seasons of any show ever. The Wire was great too if you missed it. I know it is controversial and, although I can't stand James Franco, I thought The Deuce was really well done. Not for everyone, but I thought it was very good.

I already get all the movie channels now AND Netflix (and Prime), so I can't think of anything I would watch that I can't already. Yep, I got a great deal the last time I went into the Xfinity office to talk about my bill! Normally, I'm scrambling to watch EVERYTHING I can before the week ends!

I just finished Wild Wild Country on Netflix last night. They did a send-up of it on SNL this past weekend. It's a docu-series about the commune founded by guru Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in rural Oregon in the 80s. REALLY well done.
    Here's the trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLS_OM6Puk

ETA: If you haven't seen Billions, I highly recommend it. Great cast, terrific acting, just GOOD.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-18-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

ARGH! I didn't realize Acorn TV was a part of the Watchathon! Now I'm furiously watching every episode of every show I can fit in for the next two days! I'm currently watching Loch Ness (aka The Loch) with Siobhan Finneran (she of Downton Abbey fame). Fun to see Alastair McKenzie. I still miss Monarch of the Glen.

+ Reply to Thread