Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree350Likes

Thread: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

Re: Post here when you are binge-watching a TV show

The Gifted on FOX
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I know I'm years behind the times, but I recently started watching Downton Abbey on my Amazon Prime. Last night I finished season three, and since it's been so long since it aired, I had NO idea who was dying in this season! It really caught me off guard, but I just love the series. I had to go to the Masterpiece thread and read up on other FORTers impressions, while not venturing too far ahead to spoil it for myself. It's funny and dramatic, sad and informative - I just love the historic elements.

The visuals are outstanding. In the last episode I watched, the scene with Mary in the hospital bed with her newborn and Matthew in the room was so beautiful. All colors used in the scene were cream and pale yellow; it was stunning. This show seems to use colors a lot as part of the story, and I love that. The costumes are so exquisite too - I'd love to get my hands on some of them!
    I can't wait to watch more.
    You know the beauty of being behind, navybelle, is unlike all of us that had to wait week after week for an episode and months after months for a new season ... you get to BINGE through them and watch them all at once.

ENJOY THEM ALL!!!

IMHO Downton Abbey is one of the BEST shows on Masterpeice since "UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS" (back in the 70's).
    navybelle and Cornholio like this.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We just finished season 2 of The Crown last night. As much as I love Olivia Colman, I'm going to miss Claire Foy when the show comes back for season 3.
    I as well, Critical. I first saw her on WOLF HALL and I thought, I so need to see more of CF, she is amazing!!!

AND absolutely wonderful as the Queen in The Crown!!!
    KAREN

Finished season 2 of Netflix's Travelers.
    No goat killers on my island.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I was piqued to see what this show was about after it won several Golden Globes. 6 episodes finished, 2 more to go. I'm really enjoying it and Tony Shalhoub in the cast is always a plus.

https://decider.com/2018/01/11/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-prime-free/

Set in New York City in 1958, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a whip-smart show about a woman that goes from being a housewife to taking the underground stand-up comedy scene by storm. Rachel Brosnahan won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy for her performance as the captivating and quick witted Midge Maisel, and the show itself won the award for Best Television Series-Musical or Comedy.
    Gutmutter likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We just finished the 10-episode "The Five" on Netflix. Love those British shows. No car chases, no migraine-inducing special effects. Just a good story, well-acted.
    JLuvs and Fanny Mare like this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I was piqued to see what this show was about after it won several Golden Globes. 6 episodes finished, 2 more to go. I'm really enjoying it and Tony Shalhoub in the cast is always a plus.

https://decider.com/2018/01/11/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-prime-free/
    It's the best thing I've seen in a long time. I really binge-watched it--like the entire season in one very long night that went way into the early morning. I need to watch it again slowly.

Enjoy!!!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I just binged Kevin (probably) Saves the World. What a heartwarming show! I need this right now🙂🙂🙂
    Punkin and Miss_Griss like this.

I'm currently binging on past seasons of "Grace & Frankie,".... gearing up for their new season. I'm kinda bummed that it's on Netflix instead of regular TV. I have no self-control so having it available all at once on Netflix, I watch it all in self-indulgence.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I've been addicted to 'Slasher' on Netflix. Super gorey (in some parts I fast forward) but a classic 'people are being picked off one by one' in a cabin in the woods. It's super mindless and I'm just enjoying trying to figure out who is the killer.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread