+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Preacher (AMC)

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: Preacher (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    This show *is* confusing. I still don't get why he slaughtered that cow and his family on the ski lifts were in crates.
    My take on that was that when Quincannon's family was killed in the ski lift incident their remains were shipped home in those crates, and being the sick puppy that he is, he compared the grizzly remains of their guts to the cow guts and decided then and there that there was no discernible difference - and therefore, God must not exist.
    And in the first iteration of that flashback (an episode or so back) that Jessie had, he (as a kid) was sitting outside that room while Quincannon loudly confronted his father and demanded that Jessie's Dad renounce God in the church, based on his "findings".

Clearly, Q's craving for that renouncement has not blunted in all the years since, and now he wants the same from Jessie.

So the angels are going to hell. Why?
    I'm thinking that Fiore & DeBlanc's PLAN A was to recapture/collect "Genesis" by getting Jessie to let them sing it out of him and back into it's coffee can -
    but, having failed at that, they seem to be moving on to PLAN B, which (I'm guessing) might be to have the killer-cowboy-from-hell kill Jessie to forcibly dislodge Genesis from inside of him. :

And what was in the truck that they left behind?
    As far as the abandoned trunk - it made me laugh to hear Fiore complain of having to leave behind his collection of comic books - so, I'm guessing that the trunk contained "earthly stuff" that the guys had taken a shine to and collected while they've been biding their time in that motel room.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 07-25-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    waywyrd and beerbelly like this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

From this article: "Preacher" Reveals More of Odin Quincannon's Backstory | Comic Book Resources, explaining Quincannon's weirdness. Basically, the same as what Fo'Realz said!

Decades ago, his entire family (including his wife, daughter, and extended relatives) went on a ski trip in Vail, Colorado, with Odin staying behind to work. As the Quincannon clan took a ski lift up a mountain, the cable car detached and plummeted to the ground, killing everyone.

Back in Annville, Odin had a mental breakdown, which prompted him to call Jesse's father for spiritual advice (it's the same moment we partially saw back in "Monster Swamp"). When the two Custers arrived at Quincannon Meat & Power, they discovered that Odin disemboweled the corpse of his daughter and a cow. Clutching the ropy intestines in his hands, he confessed to the preacher that he couldn't tell the difference between the livestock and the human being. They're both just meat, with no spirit within. No energy. No anything.

This explains Odin's lack of faith in a traditional Judeo-Christian God. He also tells an adult Jesse later on in the episode that, after Jesse's order for him to "serve God," he's begun worshipping the God of Meat, the God "of what's touchable and true". In other words, if Odin belonged to a church, it would be one focused on the corporeal; on the blood, muscle, and bone that makes up all of us.
    beerbelly and Fo'Realz? like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Thank you Fo and Wayward!
    waywyrd likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

omg. I'm so backed up on the Fort with my shows.. but, I HAD to come in here today and say.. OMG, I LOVED THE FINALE!!!!!

I really really REALLY enjoyed it. Also, WHAT IN THE F##K!?!? I had a feeling the cow manure was the reason there was the "temperature gauge" guy, but thought it had something to do with Satan as well.

But wow!! Everyone (still in town) DIED in the explosion!!!!

I have TONS AND TONS more to talk about, but no time today. Ugh! Hope you other Preacher watchers come around and post cuz I have a few burning questions 'n thoughts.

Was that angel hand that Jessie had... was that the mayors?? For some reason that moment didn't make sense to me (when they were burying the mayor and Cassidy threw up that hand, where did it come from?)

I really loved Emily's role... I would love to see that she didn't die (& children).

/more questions to come
    beerbelly and Fo'Realz? like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I had no idea whose angel hand that was.

I liked when Jessie said to 'God' I saw you pick your nose! There are some funny bits to this show.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Angel hand = when Jesse and Cassidy were digging the hole to bury the mayor (and other carcasses that had accumulated while Cassidy was being fed back to "health"), they dug in the same spot where Cassidy had already buried one "generation" the bodies of Fiore & DeBlanc, so it was one of their hands.

Of everyone lost in the annihilation of Annville, I'm really going to miss the mascots the most.
    The love-hate relationship between Chief Savage and Pedro the Prairie Dog was funny ... oh well, at least they ended up together.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

Preacher (AMC)

I agree that the angel hands came from one of the early Fiore & DeBlancs that Cassidy killed. I adore Cassidy. He and Tulip are the best characters on this show.

I just got back from vacay, so just watched the finale. So my take is that the explosion at Q&MP opened a portal to hell so the cowboy could come through. Does there have to be an "even" number of people coming and going? Is that why Fiore didn't come back?? Fiore HAS to come back!!

Apparently no one told the cowboy about the seraph, Lol!

I'm very curious how far the explosion impacted. It got the church, but not the diner?

This has always struck me as a rather "savage" town, so I'm a little surprised at the reaction to "God is missing". But I'm LMAO just a bit about the thought of the school girls becoming murderers. The direction of the story (God is not at the wheel) reminds me a bit of the "Incarnations of Immortality" series by Piers Anthony.

I adore this show. I can't wait for next season!! I agree that anyone coming in must watch from episode #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-04-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Maveno likes this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I'm so bummed that it's not on tonight.

My favoritest show of the year.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Oops. Edit my last post to say DeBlanc has to come back!!!!

I was also bummed to not have it this week. I'm going to try to fill the void with The Night Of, but it's not going to be nearly as fantastically bizarre as Preacher!
    Maveno likes this.

Kao

Is anyone still watching the new season?

I watched the first two episodes and they were great! I'm still kind of upset over what happenes to DeBlanc and Fiore. I like to think of them together forever somewhere. It's going to be very interesting from this point onward with the search for God...and the fact that Fiore didn't call off the hit on Jesse with the Saint of All Killers. Looks like Jesse is going to be very limited, unable to use Genesis unless he wants to be found.
    SpringMaiden27 and Fo'Realz? like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast