+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Preacher (AMC)

Re: Preacher (AMC)

Sheesh, I'm finally all caught up on this show. And this last episode was outstanding. The first ten minutes with all the fighting - "Stab her gently!" - and the bodies piling up had us rolling. Then Tulip's hissy fit and subsequent remorse. She's a nut.

Poor Eugene, I'm almost afraid to find out where he went. Jesse is getting a little too power trippy with his Genesis thing....not going to end well.
    Maveno and ClosetRTWatcher like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

What in the world is going on? So, Genesis really likes Jesse, and the Eugene we saw was imaginary? Why is Tulip feeding dogs to Cassidy?

Donnie blew his eardrums out just so he wouldn't hear Genesis/Jesse. That's dedication. Quincannon's evilness makes a bit more sense, seeing his family's backstory, but he's still creepy. I wonder what's causing the temp in the plant to keep going high and setting off alarms?

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    What in the world is going on? So, Genesis really likes Jesse, and the Eugene we saw was imaginary? Why is Tulip feeding dogs to Cassidy?
    Tulip is trying to help Cassidy recover from Jesse letting him burn in the last episode. That's why she said "Damn you Jesse Custer" when she took the dog in.
    Oddly, this *just* clicked in my head when I read your post!!

Eugene we saw was definitely imaginary. I thought that maybe Jesse was going crazy because of Genesis, but then when he got Genesis back he didn't see Eugene anymore. I feel like there's something that I'm not catching.

Donnie blew his eardrums out just so he wouldn't hear Genesis/Jesse. That's dedication. Quincannon's evilness makes a bit more sense, seeing his family's backstory, but he's still creepy. I wonder what's causing the temp in the plant to keep going high and setting off alarms?
    I want to know who killed Quincannon's family!? Is it just me, or was this scene with bloody Quincannon the same scene that we saw earlier where I thought Jesse and his dad were in a hospital? In that scene we saw the dad come out, but we didn't see what Jesse caught sight of in the room as they left.

There has to some connection between the slaughterhouse and hell. When we saw the guy and the temp alarm at the end of this episode I was wondering if he was actually monitoring hell. That combined with the screaming cows we always hear in the background in Quincannon's office paints a really strong parallel.

Poor DeBlanc and Fiore. I couldn't make out what DeBlanc was saying as they walked away. Was it something about leaving him for the seraph to handle?
    They clearly implied that Gensis knew how to get people out of hell. I'm curious to see how/if Jesse can access that knowledge and exploit it in a way that doesn't backfire.

Only TWO more episodes!! The preview certainly looked like stuff is really going to hit the fan!
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Tulip is trying to help Cassidy recover from Jesse letting him burn in the last episode. That's why she said "Damn you Jesse Custer" when she took the dog in.
    Oddly, this *just* clicked in my head when I read your post!!
    Ugh, I'd totally forgotten that.

Didn't Quincannon's family die by accident, the ski lift broke?

Didn't Quincannon's family die by accident, the ski lift broke?
    That was *HIS* family in the tram!? I totally didn't make that connection! Was he there too and survived and I missed it?

Something about the way he compared the cow to his child made me think his family had been slaughtered/murdered. If HE opened those crates and cut his family member(s) open along with the cow, then that is some next level crazy!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-18-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    waywyrd likes this.

I'm guessing they were on vacation without him, don't remember seeing him in the tram flashback. Yeah, comparing his daughter's innards to the cow's was scary crazy...
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

I watched this show for the first time last night. Man, am I confused. I have no idea what happened. It was so confusing. Maybe, this show is not for me.

If you've only seen last night's episode, you'll be totally lost. Go back and watch from the beginning, it's a great show. Very weird, but great.

So. Now we've seen the Cowboy's backstory (dude is badass, BTW)...is he in hell, or is it just HIS hell? Where is Eugene, then?

I did enjoy Emily taking care of two problems at once. Cassidy got some real food, and she got rid of that twerpy boyfriend. Good riddance.
    beerbelly and Fo'Realz? like this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

I did enjoy Emily taking care of two problems at once. Cassidy got some real food, and she got rid of that twerpy boyfriend. Good riddance.
    Who'da thunk sweet little Emily would turn out to be just as twisted as the rest of the crew??

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched this show for the first time last night. Man, am I confused. I have no idea what happened. It was so confusing. Maybe, this show is not for me.
    Yikes! I can't even imagine last night's episode being my introduction to this show!

Everything about this story and these exceedingly odd characters has been very convoluted from the jump -
    but by now, (and with just one more episode left in the season), it is ALL amped up to the max, and the lid is blowing off the pressure cooker.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

This show *is* confusing. I still don't get why he slaughtered that cow and his family on the ski lifts were in crates.

So the angels are going to hell. Why? And what was in the truck that they left behind?

Not only is this show 'dark'...but it's literally dark too, so a lot of times I can't see what is happening.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast