+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Preacher (AMC)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Preacher (AMC)

Well, technically Satan was "from heaven"....
    beerbelly and ClosetRTWatcher like this.

There is definitely a twist to the "from heaven" piece. Cassidy pushed them on it "So, you're like angels?" (or something to that effecr) and they were very non-committal in their response. I'm intrigued. I find them to be an interesting duo. And now we know they are on a mission without permission and their PTB don't know that the entity is on the loose. And the guy who went looking for a burger and ended up with Cheetos - that whole little chain of events combined with the fact that he apparently has never eaten food before...
    WHO is calling on that phone!

The guys chasing the women in the dark? This town is cray.

Tulip and Cassidy could make for quite a pair!!

I'm very curious to see how "follow God" gets implemented. Will it mean follow everything in the Bible literally? Will it affect other people around this guy? Jesse has experimented enough with this ability, you would think he would know better than to say something so vague.
    Maveno and beerbelly like this.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

When Jesse was with his dad in the middle of the night.. I'm ASSUMING that they went to the what's his name's place.. the sadomasochist (slaughterhouse owner?) But then it looked like a hospital of sorts? Then, the screaming which I couldn't hear, except the end.."Denounce him"! What in the world did Jesse see when they were leaving?

Can anyone enlighten me on that scene?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fogey

So many questions, but I love this show! I will wait to uncover the answers happily
    Maveno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    When Jesse was with his dad in the middle of the night.. I'm ASSUMING that they went to the what's his name's place.. the sadomasochist (slaughterhouse owner?) But then it looked like a hospital of sorts? Then, the screaming which I couldn't hear, except the end.."Denounce him"! What in the world did Jesse see when they were leaving?

Can anyone enlighten me on that scene?
    I must not have been paying enough attention. I'll have to go back and watch that scene more carefully.

Sometimes I feel like I need subtitles for Cassidy. When Tulip found him at the hospital I didn't understand exactly what he said, but I got the essence so I didn't spend extra time trying to figure it out.
    Maveno and beerbelly like this.

Same here! I always hafta watch the second showing just to turn it up, etc. Cassidy said, "You're right doll, seems I'm going to be OK". Paraphrasing.

SpringMaiden27, OHhhh good! Sounds like we'll find out exactly what was going on and with whom! Yay!

I'm always riveted when watching. Loving it.

I completely forgot to come back two episodes ago!!

The ending two episodes ago where Odin Quincannon kills all the people visiting from the other company... WOW!! I did not see that coming. I cannot wait to find out how that fits into his "Serve God" command!!

This past episode "Sundowner" had me with the scene in the motel when they were trying to stop the seraph and the scene with Tulip awkwardly trying to help Emily. Poor DeBlanc & Fiore. They were so insistent that Jesse should NEVER use the power, but they never really told him WHY. Given what happened to Eugene, looks like we are on our way to finding out. I think I was most surprised that Jesse didn't seemed phase at all. Did he even register what had happened?

Why is the mayor trying to cover for Quincannon?

How/when are the sporadic the past scenes with the cowboy going to connect with the present?

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE THIS SHOW!?!?!!!!!!
    waywyrd and Maveno like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The ending two episodes ago where Odin Quincannon kills all the people visiting from the other company... WOW!! I did not see that coming. I cannot wait to find out how that fits into his "Serve God" command!!
    Right? I was like...what in the ????!!!! WoW! Why the mayor is helping is beyond me. Did you notice that Quincannon turned to him and asked, "shall we begin"? THEN he pulled out the gun.. if you watch that scene again, the mayor didn't seem too shocked. I dunno, just my observation.
    Maybe Quincannon told him what he was gonna do.
    If not, maybe the mayor is scared sh##less!!! ??

This past episode "Sundowner" had me with the scene in the motel when they were trying to stop the seraph and the scene with Tulip awkwardly trying to help Emily.
    I LOVED how Tulip was sitting there in her car, thinking about what she just did. OH, and how Emily went and pounded on her window and basically "told her off". Loved that whole scene, 'specially when she came knocking, offering to fix the smashed project.
    Also, I think she realized when folding the pamphlets, that Emily was the ORGANIST.. IMO, it was the first time Lil Ms HotHead actually regretted her action(s).

Poor DeBlanc & Fiore. They were so insistent that Jesse should NEVER use the power, but they never really told him WHY. Given what happened to Eugene, looks like we are on our way to finding out. I think I was most surprised that Jesse didn't seemed phase at all. Did he even register what had happened?
    Oh man.. Eugene. At first I was like, Ohhhh no!!!! He went to hell!!! But, ya know.. it could be his own personal hell on earth (rather than the fire 'n brimstone hell). So. He could be at Tracy's house... or! He could be in that moment before shooting himself and Tracy.. ? Or, sitting staring at the tv with his mother, who clearly is in hell!! He has tons of guilt and seems to be OK with living with it. That's why it was so sad to me when he wanted the preacher to "reverse" it.
    He was finally feeling good about himself at school, then the fireworks with the boys.. It was too much.

Anyway.. I'm rambling with my thoughts. I don't KNOW anything and don't read spoilers, fyi.

Why is the mayor trying to cover for Quincannon?
    See above.

How/when are the sporadic the past scenes with the cowboy going to connect with the present?
    OMG, THANK YOU. Right?!?!?

One thing I wanna make sure I understood.. so, the guy with the families in the wagontrain going West... he was actually killing Indians for the scalps, correct? Made sense when the kid asked the cowboy, "seen any injuns"? and the mom and dad quickly hushed him up.

Yea, I can't wait to see this connection. I do think they showed the "hanging tree" in current times. Hmmm..

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE THIS SHOW!?!?!!!!!!
    Have I mentioned that I CAN'T WAIT to see the next episode?!?!
    I don't need every show/movie/whatever to totally make sense, and I am just loving this whole show and how it's somewhat silly/serious/makes you think..etc. LOVE this SHOW!
    waywyrd likes this.

Right? I was like...what in the ????!!!! WoW! Why the mayor is helping is beyond me. Did you notice that Quincannon turned to him and asked, "shall we begin"? THEN he pulled out the gun.. if you watch that scene again, the mayor didn't seem too shocked. I dunno, just my observation.
    Maybe Quincannon told him what he was gonna do.
    If not, maybe the mayor is scared sh##less!!! ??
    The mayor strikes me as a pawn more than anything else. He seems to just be around for people to use. Even Emily uses him.

Oh man.. Eugene. At first I was like, Ohhhh no!!!! He went to hell!!! But, ya know.. it could be his own personal hell on earth (rather than the fire 'n brimstone hell). So. He could be at Tracy's house... or! He could be in that moment before shooting himself and Tracy.. ? Or, sitting staring at the tv with his mother, who clearly is in hell!! He has tons of guilt and seems to be OK with living with it. That's why it was so sad to me when he wanted the preacher to "reverse" it.
    He was finally feeling good about himself at school, then the fireworks with the boys.. It was too much.

Anyway.. I'm rambling with my thoughts. I don't KNOW anything and don't read spoilers, fyi.
    I don't read spoilers either, and I don't know anything about the comics. I didn't really stop to think about the possible alternative "hells" Eugene might have gone to. I must have been too shocked!
    That whole sequence with Eugene was pretty wrenching. It was an interesting change of tone within the episode.

One thing I wanna make sure I understood.. so, the guy with the families in the wagontrain going West... he was actually killing Indians for the scalps, correct? Made sense when the kid asked the cowboy, "seen any injuns"? and the mom and dad quickly hushed him up.
    Yes, the dad in the wagon was definitely collecting scalps and turning them in for money.
    The one thing about the last cowboy scene that confused me was what happened to his wife? We knew the daughter was sick. Did we know what she had? I want to say it was something like tuberculosis, but I can't remember. Could the mom have caught what she had? Or did someone show up at their home and kill her?

Have I mentioned that I CAN'T WAIT to see the next episode?!?!
    I don't need every show/movie/whatever to totally make sense, and I am just loving this whole show and how it's somewhat silly/serious/makes you think..etc. LOVE this SHOW!
    I'm glad for FoRT right now because no one I know is watching this show and I finish each episode itching to talk about it!!!!
    Maveno likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Yes, the dad in the wagon was definitely collecting scalps and turning them in for money.
    The one thing about the last cowboy scene that confused me was what happened to his wife? We knew the daughter was sick. Did we know what she had? I want to say it was something like tuberculosis, but I can't remember. Could the mom have caught what she had? Or did someone show up at their home and kill her?
    Well, they did show her dead in the chair.. I assumed that she just died of thirst, hunger, whatever (cuz she was still sitting).
    Hmm. Yeah, she could have caught the fever/illness too, didn't think of that.
    I'm glad for FoRT right now because no one I know is watching this show and I finish each episode itching to talk about it!!!!
    Me TOO! Even DW isn't watching with me. grrr At least we have each other.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast