+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Catch (ABC)

The Catch (ABC)

I'm starting this thread, since there was interest shown on another one. I hope viewers will join in. I missed the new episode last night, but intend to "CATCH UP." lol

Watch The Catch TV Show - ABC.com
    Punkin and Cornholio like this.

Re: The Catch (ABC)

Thanks, Debb! I've been hoping for a thread. This show is a good one! I've only seen Mirelle Enos in The Killing, where she was rather plain with no makeup. I am enthralled by how beautiful she is in this new series. The storyline, the photography are top-notch! We are hooked!
    “It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.” — Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

We are enjoying it! The one thing I want to do, is to whip off her false eyelashes, that look all wrong with that lovely head of hair. She misses a lot being a PI but that's okay, we like the cat and mouse aspect.
    I love how they planted the obit.
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am partial to gingers so I think she looks great. I'll have to check out her eyelashes.
    Punkin likes this.

Finally caught up on the first two episodes...wow. I really like the ambiance and the music tracks as well as the modernistic settings.

It's complicated. The painting featured in the opening of the premiere spoke to the whole episode when the art thief said, "He loves her." I had fun with the hand off in the food court, especially when the school boy held out the briefcase, then when the seller turned around the sandwich bag was gone. Slick and slicker.

At first I thought the Interpol guy (FBI agent?) was a part of the con, but no, and he won't go away. We learn how important he is as an adversary to the con in the second episode. I like that the second episode (with the running around with the painting side-bar) focused in on the same type of "he done her wrong" but did he? Actually, he (the new client declared not guilty of murder) did, and he got his just deserts. Too bad his new wife will have to pay the price.

So, rather than running off to Singapore as ordered by his boss, our con man has to stay in LA because of the Interpol guy. The new con against the security chief for the princess seems rather strange, but we'll see how that plays out in the next episode.

Beautiful people in beautiful scenery. One day, I'll learn the characters names.

Oh, I love that the prim and proper company lawyer was once the lawyer for Anonymous and knows how to hack. That is another delicious layer.
    Punkin, sclilred1 and Coco46 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just realized what I don't like about the female lead. It's her voice. It has a mocking taunting phony tone to it. It makes me really want to dislike her.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Fun to see Mirielle Enos get to work with RL hubby Alan Ruck, even if it wasn't in a romantic capacity. I loved seeing Amanda Foreman. She was one of my favorite things about Felicity. Nice to see Alimi Ballard on TV too, although he'll always be Angie and Jessie Hubbard's (AMC) son Frankie to me, no matter how old he gets!

I'm still enjoying the show and Mirielle. AND Peter Krause. I'm curious to see how they'll sustain this cat and mouse thing long-term.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like this show - tbe look, clothes, pacing, and storyline.

One thing doesn't make sense: In the pilot Alice gave Christopher a check for $1.4 million to buy a house, and made the check payable to HIM (not a realtor co). Huh??? And when she realized - later that same day - she'd been duped wouldn't there have been time to stop payment?

FORT Fan

Great fun to see Mrs. Patmore from Downton on this show. What a crazy, intense, mobster-like character she's playing...totally opposite to her Mrs. P character.
    Coco46 likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    Great fun to see Mrs. Patmore from Downton on this show. What a crazy, intense, mobster-like character she's playing...totally opposite to her Mrs. P character.
    Wasn't she great, and very attractive. I like this show..
    sunnydayz likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast