+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Family

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

The Family

Sundays 9pm est on ABC
    295516-2.jpg
    The return of Adam, a politicianís son, presumed dead after disappearing over a decade earlier, sends shockwaves through his tight knit family. His parents, John and Claire, struggle to deal with the emotional weight of Adamís return; his brother, Danny, is slow to welcome him as Adam seems so different than the brother he knew; while his sister, Willa, holds the family together as she hides secrets of her own. As the mysterious young man is welcomed back, the neighbor sitting in jail for his murder is released, and the cop responsible is forced to reexamine what truly happened. But the bigger question remains, is Adam really who he says he is?

starring Joan Allen as Claire Warren, Allison Pill as Wila Warren, Andrew McCarthy as Hank Asher, Margot Bingham as Nina Meyer, Liam James as Adam Warren, Zach Gilford as Danny Warren, Rupert Graves as John Warren, Floriana Lima as Bridey Cruz, Ramian Newton as young Danny Warren, Madeline Arthur as young Wila Warren
    Punkin likes this.

Re: The Family

I watched this last week and was disappointed. I thought it jumped around way too much and was very confusing. I made it about half way through before I started doing other things and not paying all that close attention.
    We needed to have the story and characters established before they did that. I couldn't figure when was when and who was who, even with Adam's age difference.

I'll probably watch tonight, simply because there's nothing else on I'm interested in, but if I feel the same way tonight it will be my last time. Shame, I was really looking forward to this one.
    Other than OUAT, my Sunday viewing has pretty much gone down the drain. It used to be my favorite night.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

It kept my interest, so I added it to the DVR. I like that there seems to be some family mysteries and it isn't heading towards alien abduction or some other weird scyfy premise like The Resurrection.

I watch Walking/Talking Dead live on Sunday's and also record Quantico, so Sunday is still a good TV night for me.
    Punkin and redsox girl like this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I like it, the things he knew he took from photographs, or did he!??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

And there is still a mystery over the DNA.
    redsox girl and tinderbox like this.
    Lynda

I think it has great potential. I just hope that it pans out. The mother's announcements on the steps of the courthouse/city hall, whatever it was, seemed very odd to me. Especially, with her mentally scarred and socially isolated, long lost son. Not very sensitive. That female officer acted quite bizarre too. Her behavior when the boy disappeared was so insensitive.

I have learned to be distrustful of dramas that throw a lot of stuff out like that, because in the end it rarely wraps up and makes any sense.

liver spotted hands Realitychick's Avatar

I am also interested in where this story goes. Hopefully the network gives it time to gain an audience. There is creepiness with pretty much every character. There are definitely family secrets. Looking forward to how it plays out.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Oh yes. I'm afraid, I've missed some portions. Have they showed where the dad really went the night the boy disappeared? What did the boy retrieve from behind that brick in the wall where he was kept?

I just think it might be best for the mother to postpone her political aspirations for a little while. Her son is stronger than she is.I did like the part she said about not doing okay. She's honest about that, but she might not be able to help others until she has healed a little.
    Punkin likes this.

He got a key from behind the brick. No idea what the key fits yet though.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Did anyone notice Andrew McCarthy's character stretched out his arms inside the dog cage, touching it's sides and reacting in the same way the kid did when the kid was able to touch both sides of the wall when he lays down?

Also, I know buying a puppy screams `pedophile' but McCarthy's character had a white adult dog as a pet before he was sent off to prison. Isn't it possible he's simply replacing that dog with a new one rather than doing something nepharious?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast