+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Damien (A&E Mondays at 10 PM)

Damien (A&E Mondays at 10 PM)

I just watched the first episode and it looks good. He is basically a good guy who has no real memories of his childhood and what happened to his parents. He discovers that he is the Anti-Christ and must deal with the fallout.
    momrek06 likes this.

Re: Damien (A&E Mondays at 10 PM)

There is a repeat of the first episode on Fri (3/11) at 3PM, or it will be online at A&E until April 10.

I loved the Damien movies. It will be interesting to see how they update the premise.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have it all recorded on my DVR.

I just need time to sit down and watch it.
    KAREN

I liked that they did flash backs from the movies. What I don't understand, though, is him losing his memory of his childhood and things he probably didn't understand. Now they are reappearing...the dogs, the guardians, noticing his marking (he hadn't before?). The scholar did not tell him why his father was doing research...he doesn't know he was born of a jackel. When was his brother born?

So many questions I'm sure they'll answer as they laid a good foundation for the series. I just don't totally buy the memory loss, though.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Watching it On Demand...I think I will add it to DVR, plus he is very cute to look at...LOL

I didn't see The Omen or other movies, so may need to go back and watch those too.

HA! Damien and Lucifer air on the same night. Talk about two interpretations of "The Devil."
    waywyrd and libgirl2 like this.

It was all a dream. Where have we seen this before? However, this time the dream was him fighting against a conspiracy to make him the beast. When he wakes up from his suicide attempt the second time, reality comes crashing down on him. I like that they led us down the rabbit hole with him. I was ready to believe his mother was alive (then dead again in a fall down the stairs) that thugs had forced an unconscious Damien into a tattoo parlor and had the three sixes tattooed at his hairline next to his left ear. What I couldn't quite believe was that the Detective was in league with the dark side...thank goodness he woke up at that point when he realized that the thugs who drugged him were paramedics.

So, there you have it...no escape clause for Damien. The hounds from hell will continue to save him from self inflicted harm.

What I like about this interpretation of Damian as the Anti-Christ is that he is really trying to be a good guy. He does not want to be evil and he keeps fighting the forces of evil. That is what makes it so compelling. Can he fight his destiny? Or, will he eventually give in and accept what others want him to believe is his true self?
    Arielflies likes this.

The plot thickens. Stories of his school days are coming out. Ann tells him of the seven daggers and how they can kill him. She says that if he dies, another will be chosen. He learns of the ten crowns/horns and of a black church that practices sacrifices. Simone is brought into the church by the nun who is part of the Vatican - also looking for all the daggers. Whew, it's getting serious fast. Does he truly have a good side, or is he trying to ignore the evil side?

Bradley James is doing a bang up job in the role of Damien. Now I no longer see him as Arthur in the Merlin TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I just watched the first episode and it looks good. He is basically a good guy who has no real memories of his childhood and what happened to his parents. He discovers that he is the Anti-Christ and must deal with the fallout.
    That is some fallout!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast