+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Lucifer

Lucifer

Watched Lucifer today and it was quite fun.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: Winter 2015/2016 aka Midseason

Just a further comment about Lucifer, the actor playing the main character has charm and reacts on several different levels. He comes across as arrogant, condescending and yet at times caring and considerate and with a sense of justice that lends itself to this format of partnering with a female cop who is famous for being the lead in Hot Tub High School ( that is famous for her nude scene ). The pilot is at times dark, with a current of God wants Lucy to return to Hell, who else can manage all the nasties there, and Lucifer who seems tired of his role and wants to do something else. Some of the best scenes are a bit cliché with Lucy threatening the rapper who of course is surrounded by thugs with big guns. The best scenes are with the police detective's young daughter and then with the douche dad. Lucy getting and doing his therapist should be fun also.
    PipSqueek likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Watched Lucifer today and it was quite fun.
    I just caught up on this one, and thought it was quite good! Snarky dialogue, great soundtrack and while I'm not familiar with the lead, he's fun to watch. I hope it does well.

And I really want that black Corvette!
    PipSqueek likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I just caught up on this one, and thought it was quite good! Snarky dialogue, great soundtrack and while I'm not familiar with the lead, he's fun to watch. I hope it does well.

And I really want that black Corvette!
    He, Tom Ellis, was the lead in the short lived USA series called Rush. He had the same character style in that series. I was glad to see him in Lucifer.

FORT Fanatic

I liked Lucifer as well, but I just don't see enough possible story lines for it to last very long. They have already created a love interest in the female detective too soon into the series. I would have preferred that to move more slowly.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Lucifer

Has anyone else been watching Lucifer? My, that Tom Ellis is one handsome devil (pun intended)!

Here's a description and a link to the website for those who haven't seen it:

Lucifer, bored from his sulking life in hell comes to live in Los Angeles only to help humanity with its miseries through his experience and telepathic abilities to bring people's deepest desires and thoughts out of them. While meeting with a girl in his nightclub (called Lux), a shootout involving him and the girl leads him to become a LAPD consultant who tries to punish people for their crimes through law and justice.
    Lucifer - TV Series News, Show Information - FOX

The one thing I don't like about the show is that it seems like a rip-off of Sleepy Hollow. Instead of Ichabod Crane teaming up with a detective to do police work, it's Satan riding shotgun in the squad car. As far as I know, it's not standard procedure for police officers to team up with civilians while doing their duties, despite what Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, and Lucifer would have you believe. I have to suspend disbelief at some of the things they allow the citizens to take part in, which is hard for me since I have a Criminology degree.

Still, I'm enjoying the show so far because of the main character. It's making me think differently of the typical depiction of Satan. This one doesn't seem to be a corrupt being, trying to tempt good people to do evil things. He seems to genuinely care about seeing justice be done and only wants to punish the people who deserve to be punished, not lead good people off the path.
    Last edited by pikachu; 02-02-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

FORT Fogey

Re: Lucifer

I love me some Tom Ellis. He played the lead in the USA TV show Rush. Only one season, but he was fantastic. Glad to see him working on another project.
    pikachu likes this.

So, the Devil is beginning to show and feel human emotions. This adds another layer of complexity which makes the show even more interesting.

I loved that he threw the child's toy and expected her to fetch it like a dog.
    Punkin, waywyrd and pikachu like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I loved the "fetching" too. And him playing "The King of Pain" on the piano.

This is my new favorite show!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I loved the "fetching" too. And him playing "The King of Pain" on the piano.

This is my new favorite show!
    That was so cool! I've always wanted to learn to play the piano and that made me want to do it even more!
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast