+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Lucifer

Re: Lucifer

I am watching last night's episode and noticed one of the things I really don't like about the show, the cinematography. I don't know if they are trying to recreate a Miami CSI look and feel but the washed out sepia tones come across like a cheap 60's Polaroid that is fading. It comes across as if they are making this series on the cheap and it just feels off. That and the totally unimagined cuts and how the director sets up his/her shots. It's enough that it is distracting and this show doesn't need that.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Naked Tom Ellis is fine with me. Yep. No complaints here.

I wonder what it is about the detective that makes him vulnerable/more human? Interesting...
    Yes, the more excuses for a naked Tom Ellis, the better. The episode last night said only angels can hurt other angels, which led him to look for wings on her. It made me think of the nephilim. If you use the interpretation of nephilim as being the offspring of angels that had sex with human women, that might be an explanation. She might not have the characteristics of an angel due to her humanity, but enough angel in her to be able to hurt Lucifer. Have they said anything about Chloe's father?

No they haven't, and nephilim popped into my mind as well. I think next week is the season ender, so maybe more information may be forthcoming since that has been a building story line since the beginning.
    waywyrd likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Up till last night I was thinking Chloe was a decedent of Lilith somehow. Now, not sure what to think, lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I had heard the name Lillith, but went looking. This is just one paragraph trying to explain the myth and the legend.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AwrT6V7hExdXzO8Abiw nnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGN vbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlY wNzYw--?qid=20110312133457AA1Tj4U

Even though most of the Lilith legend is derived from Jewish folklore, descriptions of the Lilith demon appear in Iranian, Babylonian, Mexican, Greek, Arab, English, German, Oriental and Native American legends. Also, she sometimes has been associated with legendary and mythological characters such as the Queen of Sheba and Helen of Troy. In medieval Europe she was proclaimed to be the wife, concubine or grandmother of Satan.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I was going on the demon aspect, as it was shown that Maze being a demon can harm Amenadiel.. it may still be on a table somewhere. heh.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Season 1 finale is Monday April 25, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 1 finale is Monday April 25, 2016.
    Saw an interview with Tom Ellis this morning on the local Fox station about the season finale. He hinted there was a real surprise at the end of the episode....
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    Saw an interview with Tom Ellis this morning on the local Fox station about the season finale. He hinted there was a real surprise at the end of the episode....
    He's pregnant?

Now that would be a surprise.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread