+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Lucifer

Re: Lucifer

Season 3 Episode 9 "The Sinnerman" - December 4, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._episodes#ep35

A young man named Joey Pileggi asks Lucifer for a favor. A few months later, Chloe asks Marcus, newly returned to work, for a personal day, but he turns her down. Joey winds up murdered, and Lucifer reveals the favor was getting him work as a courier for the mob. Maze becomes jealous when she realizes that Linda and Amenadiel have grown closer. Charlotte, as a prosecutor, joins Chloe and Lucifer as they question Frankie Ferrante, the mobster who mentored Joey, and learn that his death was not mob-related. Another body turns up; Lucifer recognizes her as another client. Ella identifies the killer as the Sinnerman, who lures Lucifer into an abandoned building and traps him inside. With Charlotte's help, Chloe manipulates Frankie into going after the Sinnerman, but the former feels hurt that Chloe did not tell her the plan. Maze finds Lucifer and forces him to discuss her feelings before freeing him. Marcus confesses to Chloe that the Sinnerman murdered his brother in Chicago, and that he intends to get revenge. The Sinnerman ambushes Frankie; Chloe and Marcus manage to capture him. Maze asks Linda to stop seeing Amenadiel. Dan finds Charlotte crying, and comforts her by saying that being "good" takes time and commitment. Lucifer tries to interrogate the Sinnerman using his powers, but the latter gouges out his eyes before he can do so.

Best and most interesting scenes.

Maze.

Luv seeing Maze again.

Linda and Amenadiel = HOT!

Then back to the rest of the story.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 3 Episode 10 "The Sin Bin" - December 11, 2017

As Pierce prepares the Sinnerman for formal questioning, the suspect reveals that a woman will soon be drowned in a spot only he knows. Chloe tracks a possible lead to a roller derby club, which leads them to the woman's car and a planted bomb. Realizing that the only option is to bust the Sinnerman out, Chloe has Ella distract Pierce while she steals the cell keys, then stages a bomb scare to smuggle him out; Pierce catches on and decides to help them nonetheless. Trixie meets Charlotte and encourages her to be a better mother to her children. Pierce and Chloe manage to save the woman, but Lucifer and the Sinnerman vanish. The woman explains that she owed the Sinnerman a debt, and set up her own "kidnapping". The Sinnerman wakes up in Lucifer's private estate, where Maze proceeds to torture him close to death. Despite a celestial rule dictating that angels may not take human lives, Lucifer concludes that killing him and thus being damned for all eternity is the only solution; Maze abandons him in disgust. Lucifer realizes that Sinnerman's true desire is to die by his hand. Pierce arrives with Chloe and shoots the Sinnerman dead. Trixie successfully gets Charlotte to go on a date with Dan. After deducing that the Sinnerman was working for someone more powerful, Lucifer calls Pierce to Lux. It is revealed that Pierce is in fact the immortal Cain, the world's first murderer who is destined to walk the earth forever.

The Trixie Charlotte interaction was fun as was Dan using Trixie as his wingman.

Liked the bust the Sinnerman out of jail plan, nice comedic touch.

Luv seeing Maze again.

Waiting to see what this huge plot is all about.

Mid season finale will be back January 1, 2018.

Season 3 Episode 11 - "City of Angels?" - January 1, 2018

In 2011, Lucifer leaves Hell and visits Los Angeles, where he seeks amusement. His brother, Amenadiel, arrives and demands that he return to Hell, as he's done after many similar visits to Earth. However, Lucifer, unwilling to return, talks him into delaying their departure. While waiting, Amenadiel is shot by a mugger, who steals his necklace. Knowing the danger of exposing humans to true divinity, he persuades Lucifer to help him find it in return for a favor. Meanwhile, beat cop Chloe Decker and her husband, Det. Dan Espinoza, investigate the murder of Aiden Scott, an MMA fighter. Lucifer abducts the promoter who tried to fix Aiden's last fight, summoning his demon torturer Mazikeen to interrogate him. Chloe visits the promoter's lawyer, Charlotte Richards, and pressures her into setting up a sting operation with her client. Lucifer sets up a fight between himself and his brother, trying to convince Amenadiel that the two of them are the same. Amenadiel easily dominates the fight, but allows Lucifer to win by submission to prove that, unlike Lucifer, he can control his pride. The sting nets Aiden's mentor Gil, but Lucifer and Amenadiel snatch him up and force him to confess to the murder and the theft before leaving him to be arrested. Lucifer uses his favor to force Amenadiel to leave him on Earth, and takes over the promoter's now-shuttered club. As a sign that he is renouncing his former identity, he has Maze cut off his wings.

Fun, fun, fun, origin episode for Lucifer, his being in LA, his club, Mazikeen being with him, and Chloe's career and marriage before the promotion and separation.

Next new episode will be aired January 22, 2018
    waywyrd likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I made the mistake of watching one episode of this show....then leapt to my On Demand to catch as many old ones as I could before they disappeared, and now it's one of my favs.
    waywyrd and Arielflies like this.

Season 3 Episode 12 - "All About Her" - January 22, 2018

Lucifer accuses Pierce of working for God, but he denies it and leaves. A surfer's body is found on a private beach, and Chloe, furious with Lucifer for going behind her back, blocks him from assisting in the investigation. Charlotte chastises Pierce for yelling at Ella, and Amenadiel learns (falsely, as it turns out) that he has contracted chlamydia. Linda advises Lucifer to pay more attention to Chloe's needs, but she sees through his attempts; Dan then tells him that he needs to be helpful without getting in her way. Chloe suspects that a gang of surfers known as the Orcas may have been involved in the murder, sending Dan to go undercover and work their leader, Wild Child (Sonya Balmores). After learning that Pierce intends to skip town, Lucifer discovers that he wishes to die, and intentionally put himself and Chloe in danger hoping to be killed. Wild Child reveals to Dan that the Orcas had nothing to do with the murder, and Chloe deduces that the owners of the beach where it occurred were trying to frame them to cover up their illegal acquisition of the land. Linda tells Amenadiel that she isn't comfortable dating him due to Maze's objections. Lucifer makes a deal with Pierce to find a way to end his life.

Liked the Dan centric part of the show, at first I thought the surfing part of it would be lame and yet I enjoyed how they writers took that plot point in a totally different direction. Yeah, Dan.

Luv the way Charlotte Richardson took Pierce down for being mean to Lopez.

Maybe Lopez will be Pierce's Chloe?

Why is Maze feeling jealousy? Is she developing a soul? Is she becoming human?
    betty80 likes this.

I really enjoy this show.
    “Bless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.”
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

I usually hate Speedos, but...daaaamn, Tom Ellis in that thing!

Fun episode!
    Critical and betty80 like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

Fun episode!
    I was going to post the same thing! That was a cute little star spangled bum!
    waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

Fun episode!
    I luv speedos especially when they are worn by Olympic caliber athletes.
    waywyrd and betty80 like this.

Season 3 Episode 13 - "Til Death Do Us Part" - January 29, 2018

Pierce quickly loses faith in Lucifer's lack of progress; Maze theorizes that he must have a weakness that can be exploited. A newly murdered woman, June Lee, turns out to be a criminal named Sandra Jiang; her death is found to be connected to her role cooking "K-pop", a form of ecstasy. Lucifer collects the mobster who once employed Sandra; he agrees to cooperate with the investigation in return for one of Sandra's recipes. To prove that Sandra was selling her product independently, Chloe decides to have Lucifer and Pierce pose as a married couple in order to infiltrate her neighborhood. Dan and Charlotte go on their first date, but Maze, who has developed a crush on the latter, crashes and confronts her; it later becomes clear that Maze is only attracted to Charlotte's pain, from her time in hell. The cops learn that a "watchdog" who has been terrorizing the neighborhood has something to do with Sandra's death. Lucifer lures him out, but he turns out be innocent. His wife turns out to be the killer, having mistakingly believed Sandra to be having an affair with her husband. Charlotte decides that she needs some time away from relationships in order to refocus. Pierce notes that as much as Lucifer wants to help him, he is more interested in using him to get revenge on his father.
    It's the cute little bits that really make this show:

The matching mani-pedi of a neighbor and the victim

Pierce and Luci posing as man and man

Luci playing host is priceless and later tasking Pierce to do the dishes

Luci being annoying neighbor ... wow ... that is a patriotic speedo

Luci and Pierce bonding at the house party ... absolutely luv the apology/heart to heart talk and the two layers to that conversation ... and the kiss

Luci going after Korean drug dealers was fun as was the interrogation afterwards

Lets not forget Maze sniffing out Charlotte

and the uncomfortable dinner with Charlotte, Maze, and Daniel

I personally don't think the writers are using Maze to her best potential and hope this lapse won't last too long
    Arielflies likes this.

+ Reply to Thread