+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Lucifer

Re: Lucifer

Woohoo! Tom Ellis back on my TV is a good thing.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Wow! Third season already? Where has the time gone? I wish it was on Netflix so I could re-watch the first two. sigh
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Tom Ellis and Tom Welling, woo!
    waywyrd likes this.

"You're going to need a bigger towel." *faints*

Fun premiere - I think the new lieutenant is going to stir things up.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Season 3 Episode 1 - "They're Back, Aren't They?" - October 2, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...3_.282017.29_2

Lucifer encounters a fleeing criminal and steals his clothes before getting the police to return him to Los Angeles. He asks Linda to remove his wings, but she refuses. Chloe brings him onto a new case: a dehydrated corpse found in the desert where Lucifer woke up, overseen by her new lieutenant: Marcus Pierce. The body turns out to be that of a wealthy man, and his close friend reveals that he paid "kidnappers" to prank the victim. While attempting to restore his wings, Amenadiel discovers a severed pair from Lucifer. Lucifer tries to show Chloe his true "devilface", but can't. To lure out the "kidnappers", Pierce instructs Dan to get himself kidnapped, which Lucifer arranges. However, it turns out that he is the real target, since he suspects the kidnappers to be behind his own abduction. He interrogates them and learns that the dead man was turned over to another kidnapper. The man reveals that he was hired by the "sinner man", a mysterious crime boss, to abduct Lucifer. Lucifer, whose wings grew back after he cut them off again, initially suspects that God restored his wings as punishment for sending Charlotte to a void but eventually comes to believe that it was "something darker" connected to the "sinner man."
    It's back! Lucifer that combination of silliness and mockery and police drama is back. So good to see Linda and Amenadiel, sometimes the only adults in this bin of loonies and of course self absorbed Lucifer. Seems like there will be a season long subplot involving this new villain "Sinner Man" and the new police chief of detectives who does not invoke any warm and fuzzies.
    No goat killers on my island.

FYI:

‘Lucifer’ Season 3 To Be Supersized as 4 Season 2 Episodes Go To Fall | Deadline

Fox will bank the final four episodes from the current second season of comic book-inspired drama Lucifer for next season. The decision, made for scheduling reasons, does not impact the size of the recent Season 3 order for Lucifer, which remains for 22 newly produced episodes. I hear the four carryover episodes will be on top of that.

The Lucifer move was foreshadowed by Fox’s summer schedule and premiere dates announcement yesterday, which featured a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance airing on Mondays, starting June 12. Lucifer, which is returning with new episodes on May 1, will air five of its remaining 9 original episodes, with the season finale slated for May 29.

Lucifer‘s companion, Gotham, is returning a week earlier, on April 24. Its 22-episode third season currently runs through June 12. In light of SYTYCD‘s return that night and Lucifer‘s departure on May 29, Fox could use the extra hour on June 5 to wrap Gotham with a two-hour season finale. The network is yet to announce official plans for Gotham or Lucifer‘s season closers.

So technically what just aired was really episode 19 of season 2.

Whatever it will make my brain hurt if I think about it too much.

We have four episodes from season 2 and 22 episodes from season 3 for a total of 26 episodes of Lucifer, Yeah!
    waywyrd and Katydyd like this.

Season 3 Episode 2 - "The One with the Baby Carrot" - October 9, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...3_.282017.29_2

After failing to connect a recent murder to the "sinner man", Lucifer is told by Chloe that he has to either bring her evidence that he exists or allow the case to die. Pierce assigns them a new case: a murdered comedian who accused his rival, Bobby Lowe, of stealing his jokes. Amenadiel asks Linda to help him destroy Lucifer's severed wings. While attending one of Bobby's shows, Lucifer storms the stage and accidentally shoots him with a gun hidden in a hand puppet. It turns out that Bobby did steal the jokes, and wanted to be fired from the show. Pierce warns Lucifer that the "sinner man" is real, and killed someone close to him during his previous posting in Chicago. Lucifer and Dan run a sting operation, netting an old friend of Bobby's who reveals that the dead man was working on a new set with Sheila, Bobby's warm-up act. They find and arrest her, and Pierce makes an agreement with Lucifer to find the "sinner man" so long as he keeps Chloe out of it. Inspired by something Sheila said, Lucifer decides to focus not on his regrowing wings or the loss of his "devilface", but on his skill as a granter of favors.
    Lucifer is so clueless at times, reminds me of a self centered teenager mad at the world and his parents.

Luv Linda and her scenes with all the characters. This weeks standout moment was Linda and Amenadiel burning Lucifer's hacked off wings.

The new Lieutenant is spying of Lucifer???
    Arielflies likes this.

Season 3 Episode 3 "Mr. & Mrs. Mazikeen Smith" October 16, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_3_.282017.29

Bored with her life, Maze decides to hunt a more challenging target: a serial killer named Ben Rivers, who has evaded every attempt to capture him. Tracking him to Canada, she eventually finds a witness and blackmails him into revealing the location of Rivers' girlfriend; Lucifer and Chloe question his former attorney and learn that Rivers is a master manipulator. Against Chloe's concerns that Maze might be in trouble, Lucifer sends her an address where he's hiding. Rivers then reveals that he used to work as a bounty hunter for the same cop who sent Maze to catch him, and the two form an unlikely bond. Dan arrives (having been warned by Chloe) and confirms Rivers' suspicions, but he escapes to avoid being returned to police custody. With Lucifer's help, Chloe proves Rivers to be innocent, allowing them to bring the real murderer to justice. Despite her feelings for him, Maze decides to leave Rivers behind and return home. A shadowy figure is then shown placing a file on Maze into a drawer filled with others, including one on Lucifer
    What a fun episode. Maze has always been a favorite of mine, funny how the supposedly secondary characters of Doctor Linda, Mazikeen, and even Dan are the most interesting, the most fun, and have the most character development opposed to the main characters of Chloe and Lucifer who are sorta trapped in the same characters from day one.
    waywyrd, Arielflies and Katydyd like this.

I sooo agree. This episode could have kept going. I wish they would focus more on the minors as the majors have taken on all the angst of the world. C'mon, Lucifer, accept your wings aren't going anywhere and just think of all the fun you'll have with the tortured souls you keep threatening to send to hell. Has there ever been a more miserable character than Amen? I love that Linda discovered that nickname.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112