+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The Magicians - SyFy

Re: The Magicians - SyFy

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The blood, though, the blood, then the dragging out the entrails through the neck which transformed into the knife. I felt so bad for Eliot as he descended into the conclusion that Mike was not the happy, pretty boy he thought he was.

Good episode.
    It was the rabbit screaming that got to me.
    No goat killers on my island.

Love this show. I've watched it up to now On Demand as I originally thought it was just going to be another Harry Potter for grown-ups. It sort of is, but much darker. The actors are terrific and virtually unknown (at least to me). The boys are prettier than the girls (especially Penny), but that's okay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    Love this show. I've watched it up to now On Demand as I originally thought it was just going to be another Harry Potter for grown-ups. It sort of is, but much darker. The actors are terrific and virtually unknown (at least to me). The boys are prettier than the girls (especially Penny), but that's okay with me.

The author is a fan of the Harry Potter books and wanted to put in pieces that were Harry Potter like but the series does start with older kids and much darker in tone. I do think this the first show ever that I have seen that shows you have to work hard to master magic and it can be very dangerous versus the more light hearted approach HP has.
    annemik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    SyFy has just green lighted a second season.

It is now on the official renewed lists coming out.

The Magicians Season 1 Episode 9
    The Writing Room
    Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 14, 2016 on Syfy

The Magicians - Season 1, Episode 9: The Writing Room - TV.com

Quentin, Alice, Eliot and Penny travel to England to Plover's estate in search of a missing magic button. Once there, they discover a haunting vision of the author's true self. In other events, Julia, fresh off her rehab stint, looks for real meaning in her magic, but at a very high cost.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma....S._TV_series)

Quentin discovers that Penny stole and destroyed the manuscript he'd been given; Penny relates that it contained information from Jane Chatwin about finding a way into Fillory. Quentin, Penny, Alice, and Eliot travel to the Plover estate to search for the button from the manuscript, and find that the mansion is haunted by the ghosts of Plover's housekeeper's children, who Plover's sister had drugged and killed to prevent them from disturbing Plover's work. Quentin discovers that Plover was molesting Martin Chatwin and that he disappeared, rather than dying. The four of them find the button. Meanwhile, Julia helps Richard by entering the mind of a paralyzed woman.
    Wow, what an episode. Both the Q plot line and the Julia plot line were brilliant. What I like about this show is how they show magic and the supernatural is and how scary and terrifying as well as beautiful and wondrous. I totally was not expecting the reveal about the author Plover's predilections in regards to sexually abusing Martin Chatwin and that he was trying to find a way into Fillory by using Traveler spells. Julia's journey into responsible magic are unexpected, helping is not an easy thing to do.

The Magicians Season 1 Episode 10
    Homecoming
    Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 21, 2016 on Syfy

The Magicians - Season 1, Episode 10: Homecoming - TV.com

Penny learns for himself that the world of the Neitherlands is not as friendly as he had assumed. As Quentin and Alice work to save their friend, Julia faces opposition as she tries to join an eclectic group of magicians knowns as the Free Traders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma....S._TV_series)

Penny has been trapped in the Neitherlands, the space between other worlds. He contacts Quentin to discover that while it's only been 6 hours for him, it's been 6 weeks back on Earth. While Quentin and Alice travel to her parents' house to get advice from a family friend, Penny meets a librarian who gives him information about Martin Chatwin's life. Quentin and Alice have to solve relationship issues to be able to cast a beacon spell to help Penny find his way back to Earth. Eliot and Margo discover that an ex-boyfriend of hers has constructed a Golem in her image. Julia hosts other magicians that she knows through Richard, inlcuding Kady. Julia and Kady finish learning some spells, and then Richard explains their project to them: they are trying to summon a god to provide them with more magical power.

This episode was a pleasure to watch, it was well paced, multi arced and we got to see bits and pieces of characters.

Q and Alice visit her parents who are very sexually uninhibited, I guess it is obvious why Alice is so uptight and high strung, it's upsetting when you are growing up your parents don't act like responsible adults.

Penny had a good adventure in the Netherlands and it's always fun when folks know you but you don't know them.

Eliot and Margo, actually had scenes that didn't involve drinking and drugs.

Julia and Kady meet and while the witches called Free Traders seem a step up from the local hedge witches what they are trying to do to call a god to use as a power source I don't think will end up well.

Julia and Kady meet and while the witches called Free Traders seem a step up from the local hedge witches what they are trying to do to call a god to use as a power source I don't think will end up well.
    This. Never. Ends. Well.
    Bearcata likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This show has become my addiction. It is getting more racy (okay with me), but also more intriguing. I look forward to each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    This show has become my addiction. It is getting more racy (okay with me), but also more intriguing. I look forward to each episode.
    But it's not in your face crotch shots either so I am OK with it too, in fact this is one of the few shows on the air where they show people or foxes having sex but they don't OVER do it.
    annemik likes this.

When I was writing fantasy, the main characters inhabited a dimension named NeitherHereNorThere. I was quite taken aback by Neitherland.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast