Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The CW

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 14
    River of Time
    Aired Thursday May 05, 2016 on The CW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Tomorrow

Upon the revelation that the giant robot was technology from the distant future, showing Savage is manipulating time, Rip believes the Time Masters will finally sanction his mission and sets course for the Vanishing Point. Jefferson fixes the damaged time drive, but is exposed to time radiation which is slowly killing him. Stein is forced to send him back to 2016 in the jump ship to reverse the process. Carter is kept prisoner while Kendra tries to restore his memories, causing a rift between her and Ray which effectively ends their relationship. Savage tries to manipulate each of the team members, which allows him to escape his cell. Just as Savage is about to kill Kendra, Carter regains his memories and saves her, but is stabbed by Savage before Kendra knocks out the villain. The team arrives at the Vanishing Point, where the Time Masters reveal that Savage has been working with the Time Masters and is to be sent back to 2166 to carry on with his plan, while Rip and his team are put under arrest.
    Well at the end of the episode I was thinking finally, this explains so much, the Time Masters are helping Vandal Savage, for what not sure. I am thankful that there are only 2 more episodes to the end of this season and the end of the this story arc and the hopefully the end of watching the majority of the characters. If I never see Kendra/Hawkgirl or Hawkman again I will be OK, as actors they add absolutely NOTHING to this series. Ray Palmer as the Atom can go to. However I am up to totally revamping this series as it would be 100% improvement.

Overall it was kinda interesting to see Vandal Savage mindf&*k the crew and escape and he did it will all of them knowing full well not to listen to him. While the ending scene was rather fun and poetic in regards to how Rip escaped from his prison in Egypt when I really thought about it I thought wait a minute. Vandal Savage has died and been reborn himself how on earth would he hold on to a pen that is over 4,000 years old. In fact in 4,000 years that pen would have deteriorated, been lost, destroyed, misplaced. Also when Vandal Savage first met Rip it was before he had the experiences of a 4,000 yr old man he wouldn't have the were with all to understand what happened and since his was a rather nomadic live stuff gets lost in a move, misplaced, left behind. In reality while nice screen writing that holding on to a pen in the hope he would use it to show up an enemy he wouldn't encounter for 4,000 yrs is stupid and lazy writing and totally unrealistic and let's not forget dumb, dumb, dumb.
    No goat killers on my island.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 15
    Destiny
    Aired Thursday May 12, 2016 on The CW

Mick is taken away to reconditioning so he can return as the bounty hunter Chronos, while Kendra and Carter are giving to Savage as he returns to 2166. Sara and Snart, who evaded capture, make plans to rescue the team with the help of Gideon. Zaman explains that the Time Masters helped Savage because an alien race will attack Earth in 2175, and only Savage is able to unite the world and stop them. Zaman also reveals that the Time Masters manipulated Rip and his team to help facilitate Savages rise to power, including the murder of Rip's family, using the Oculus to manipulate time. Snart and Sara disable the other time ships and rescue Rip and the rest of the team. In order to seize their destinies, the team decides to destroy the Oculus. The team arrives, but Zaman is there with soldiers, having expected the team. Jefferson returns, his accelerated aging reversed, and takes out the soldiers. Snart sacrifices himself as the Oculus self-destructs so that the team can escape and go after Savage.

I liked the team getting together. I liked the twist and betrayal of the Time Masters and their entire manipulation of the timeline explained the total incompetence of the team and the total frustration I had with the season. Now that the Oculus is destroyed hopefully there will be a totally satisfactory finale. Kinda cute doing a threeway switch as to who will be killed.

Interesting tidbit:

Legends Of Tomorrow Wentworth Miller Exits, Stays In Berlanti Universe | Deadline

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Wentworth Miller Exits As Regular, Becomes Regular In The Berlanti Universe

by Nellie Andreeva
    May 12, 2016 6:00pm

SPOILER ALERT: This story continues details about tonight’s episode of the CW’s Legends of Tomorrow.

EXCLUSIVE: Tonight’s episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow involved a shocking development involving Wentworth Miller’s character Leonard Snart aka Captain Cold. I can reveal that the major event is a precursor to a status change for Miller, who was a regular on the first season of the team-up superhero drama series after recurring on Flash. He will no longer be a regular on Legends but has entered a series regular contract with Legends producing studio Warner Bros. TV, with his duties spread over the different Greg Berlanti DC shows, for the time being Legends and Flash.

Miller’s Legends arc was designed to have an end from the get-go as the actor had sought and signed a short-term deal. “We always knew that he wouldn’t be a permanent member of The Waverider,” Legends of Tomorrow, Flash and Arrow co-creator/executive producer Greg Berlanti said in an interview with Deadline. “We also knew we loved him on the show and all the shows, Flash as well.”

Miller's character was the best thing about this show! In the course of the season, he evolved,...
    So Berlanti and his team pitched Miller a new arrangement where he would have flexibility and recur on multiple shows simultaneously as Snart. “What it really emulates to us is the comic books themselves where there really are a cast of characters,” Berlanti said. While Miller, who also has been filming the Prison Break followup, “won’t be part of the team of Legends on board of The Waverider next year, he will have a very active role on the show.”

Miller’s is “the first contract not applicable to just one show,” Berlanti said. “In success we hope to continue with other characters finding their way across all the shows.”

Spoiler Alert! On tonight’s episode of Legends, the Time Council revealed to Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) that they have been controlling the Legends actions through a device called the Oculus, aiding Vandal Savage’s rise to power. To defeat Vandal, the team tries to destroy the Oculus but there is a fail safe that must be manually held in place, and it is Snart who sacrifices himself and is killed in the explosion.

“He is a guy who who was a villain at the beginning, finding the hero in him by the end,” Berlanti said.

Because of the time-travel nature of Legends, dying on the show is not permanent.

Legends was built for flexibility with the core team. “One of joys and advantages is that it allows us to change in success who is on The Waverider and not,”
    Berlanti said. “Flash and Arrow are very much about building one team, while there is an anthology element to Legends.”

Legends already is recruiting two new team members for next season, casting a male and female new regulars.

“Every year for this show people should expect a new adventure,” said Berlanti, dropping a few hints about Season 2. “There will be new teammates, a new big bad. Mixing and matching things is part of the fun of the show.”

Season 1 finale is on tonight.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 16
    Legendary
    Aired Thursday May 19, 2016 on The CW

Rip returns the team to 2016, unwilling to let them continue with his mission, but they insist on seeing it through. Kendra leaves a message for the team alerting them to Savage's presence in 1944 France, but they are unable to stop him and can rescue only Carter. Savage reveals that the Thanagarians sent three meteors to ancient Egypt. He plans to use Kendra's and Carter's blood to activate the meteors' alien technology and erase time back to 1700 BC, where he will rule. Dr. Stein deduces Savage's method: to conduct the same ritual across three separate time periods, creating a paradox that will facilitate time's destruction. He also concludes that radiation from all three meteors will render Savage mortal, so anyone can kill him. The team breaks up into pairs—Mick and Ray, Sara and Firestorm, and Rip and Carter—and travel to 1958, 1975, and 2021, respectively. All three groups kill Savage. Ray and Firestorm destroy their meteors, and Rip uses the Waverider to send the last meteor into the sun before it explodes and destroys the Earth. Kendra and Carter stay behind in 2016 while the others decide to help Rip protect the timeline. Before they leave 2016, however, Rex Tyler arrives and warns the team of their impending death.

Finally after 16 episodes the episode lived up to it's show title. The team got together and finally killed Vandal Savage not once, but three times and Kendra did the honors one of those times. The best scenes were Sarah visiting her dad, Detective Lance and learning about her sister Laurel's death. The follow scenes were also good. Heatwave saying good bye to Captain Cold was also very moving. From a character that was so one note it was a joke Heatwave has developed a lot of depth. I do wonder about the introduction of the Thanagarians as Hawkman has two origin stories, one as an Eqyptian Prince cursed to reincarnate and one as an alien police officer from the planet Thanagar. Regardless of the origin of Hawkman and Hawkgirl I am SO GLAD that they are GONE. I have commented endlessly about the wooden acting of Kendra and Carter how it did not add to the story and the season 1 story was about them. The finale could have ended there and I would have been OK with that but TPTB decided to add a little spice and introduce us to Rex Tyler from the JSA - Justice Society of America which is an Earth 2 concept. I always felt that Sarah and Snart always had the best scenes and connection on the show and with Martin Stein being the top dog. Mick Rory is a welcome addition to that trio and if the rest can up their game and that includes the writers season 2 should be very good indeed.

Season 2 speculations:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/16399...orrow-season-2

Rex Tyler's DC Comics History As Hourman Could Impact 'Legends Of Tomorrow' Season 2

MOLLY FREEMAN
    2 days ago ENTERTAINMENT

After a season full of time-traveling adventures while on a mission to hunt down and stop Vandal Savage from taking over the world, the Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 finale saw the Waverider team finally take down the villain — in three different time periods no less — before setting up Season 2. The final moments of the season finale revealed a new character before leaving us with a cliffhanger. So, who is Legends of Tomorrow's Rex Tyler from DC Comics and how could his comic book history play into Season 2?

Well, in DC Comics Rex Tyler is known as Hourman, a biochemist turned superhero who discovered a "miracle vitamin" called Miraclo. Since he discovered Miraclo, Rex used himself as the test subject and discovered exactly how the vitamin could help the human body. With the help of Miraclo, Rex is granted superhuman abilities including strength, agility, and durability as well as night vision and the ability to breath underwater. But, there are limitations to the vitamin, specifically that it only lasts for 60 minutes — hence the name Hourman. At the beginning of his time as Hourman, Rex sticks to helping out average New York City residents who find him through an ad placed in the local newspaper.

Rex goes on to help found the Justice Society of America and begins working alongside superheros with magical powers or artifacts that give them strength. As a result, Rex begins to experiment with Miraclo in order to become stronger. Unfortunately, it has a negative side effect on his body and nearly kills him, causing Rex to give up both Miraclo and the moniker of Hourman — though he still helps the Justice Society of America when possible. Without his superpowers, Rex turns to business and acquires a company that he renames as Tyler Chemical Company and settles down with a wife, with whom he has a son named Rick (who later takes up the mantle of Hourman through an improved version of Miraclo.

As for how this could relate to Legends of Tomorrow Season 2, so far all we know about the show's version of Rex Tyler is that he's connected to Mick Rory and the other members of the Waverider team, and he's a member of the Justice Society of America. Does that mean he's already discovered and begun using Miraclo? I'd say it's a safe bet that he has, and if he sticks around long enough in Season 2, his major arc could have to do with abusing the vitamin to grow stronger.

But, the version of Rex Tyler could just as easily be a means of introducing the new threat to the team in Season 2. Perhaps he's already lost his powers and he's simply on a time travel mission for the Justice Society of America and the Waverider team's future selves. Truly, there are many ways in which Legends of Tomorrow could adapt Rex Tyler for the series. Although it seems likely they'll include his superpowers in some way, it remains to be seen until the show returns.

More news about season 2:

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Premiere Date Confirmed, Plus More Details | Den of Geek

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Premiere Date Confirmed, Plus More Details
    News Mike Cecchini
    6/17/2016 at 2:36PM
    FACEBOOK

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 will premiere on Thursday, October 13th.

As for what kind of shape the show might take? Well, that's another story. The showrunners have made it clear that not everyone will make it out of season one alive. So who knows what the team will look like when Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 comes around...it could be pretty different!

Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Phil Klemmer spoke with IGN, and he told them how they're "determined to make every part of Season 2 feel like its own show. Episode 201 will very much be a new pilot with new good guys, new bad guys, new stakes, new dynamics, new goals. The team will basically have to find a new purpose."

Mr. Klemmer elaborated that the second season will see the team "no longer going to be hunted by Time Masters. They're no longer going to be burdened with having to save the world. It's no longer going to be about saving Miranda and Jonas... it's going to have a much, much different tone because our Legends are going to have a totally different purpose... There will be new faces and new everything."

As for what kind of shape the season will take, Marc Guggenheim told TV Line...

(Legends) was always designed to be this hybrid, serialized/anthology show. We always said that each year would be its own distinct movie — almost to the point that you could give each season a subtitle. So we’ve got the same objective for next year and I think it’s really cool and exciting. It will have a very clear beginning, middle and end, much the same way Season 1 did. But it’ll be constructed a little bit differently, in so far as this first season was a pilot coming off of the Arrow/Flash crossover, so the villain was already set up. We weren’t able to roll things out with the mystery that we typically like to do on the shows. This will be a bit more of a cold start, which is exciting for us.

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Cast and New Characters

There will be at least two new heroes joining the team for Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. TV Line has the earliest details, and they're vague, but not so vague that we can't have some fun with speculation.

Let's take 'em one at a time...

"A male in his late-20s to mid-30s is being sought to play a guy who grew up in the shadow of his World War II hero grandfather and has used a Han Solo-like facade to conceal his insecurity — until, that is, the development of super powers enables him to live up to his family legacy."

Whenever anyone says "World War II hero" in the context of a show that specializes in obscure DC Comics superheroes, I always have to think of Sgt. Rock. But I wonder if the answer is less obvious here. In the comics, Damage is the son of original Atom, Al Pratt, something that could easily be fudged for "grandson" on this show. Just something that crossed my mind, especially in light of tonight's JSA reveal with Rex Tyler/Hourman (played by Patrick J. Adams). Unless, of course, that's who this description refers to.

And then there's this one...

"the female member of an elite paramilitary team living in the 1940s. An African-American, she is scrutinized in her time for both her gender and race and thus has worked twice as hard to be a perfect soldier. That said, she blames herself for — and aims to avenge — the death of a team member for whom she had repressed feelings."

The only key I'm seeing here is "an elite paramilitary team." Could this be a member of the Blackhawks?

Megalyn E.K. has been well received as Mari "Vixen" McCabe both on the CW animated Vixen series, and in her guest appearance in live action on Arrow season 4. Vixen is joining up with the crew of the Waverider for Legends of Tomorrow Season 2, but because of the actresses' other commitments, she won't be available (she'll continue to voice Vixen on season two of her animated series, though).

The solution? We're going to meet an earlier version of Vixen. Not necessarily a younger version of Mari McCabe, but an entirely different character in possession of the animal totem that grants her powers. The show is currently casting the role, and production on season two will likely begin in July. Thanks to TV Insider for the details.

Another Justice Society member is coming to Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. Nick Zano (Minority Report) will play Dr. Nate Heywood, described by Deadline as "a historian whose grandfather was Commander Steel, a member of the Justice Society of America."

While the Steel legacy in DC Comics stretches back decades, the Nate Heywood version of the character was introduced in 2007, during Geoff Johns' tenure as writer on Justice Society. While his grandfather was cybernetically enhanced, Nate ended up being composed of living metal, with all of the advantages and drawbacks that brings with it. It's not clear how far they're taking that element of the character for the show.

It's also not clear if this is the same character from an earlier casting breakdown, "A male in his late-20s to mid-30s is being sought to play a guy who grew up in the shadow of his World War II hero grandfather and has used a Han Solo-like facade to conceal his insecurity — until, that is, the development of super powers enables him to live up to his family legacy."

We'll find out soon enough.

It doesn't look like Hawkman and Hawkgirl will return, for obvious reasons. Certainly not as regulars, although there's a chance they'll be back for guest spots.

And yes, Brandon Routh will be back as Ray Palmer. He told us "As far as I know, I’m back. I haven’t heard otherwise!"

As for the villain? You can expect a "much, much bigger threat" this time around. More details on that here.

We'll update this with more information as we get it.

As long as Hawkman and Hawkgirl don't return I am OK. Well at least not the actors they had cast for season 1.

FYI:

‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ Season 2 Spoilers: White Canary Gets Wifed Up

DCs Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Spoilers: White Canary Gets Wifed Up

White Canary (Caity Lotz) may have shared a kiss with Captain Cold in the Legends of Tomorrow season finale, but his death means Sara Lance will have to open up to someone new. Sara was previously in a relationship with Nyssa al Ghul from Arrow , but Lotz revealed shell get a new girlfriend next season during an interview with Moviefone.

I think Sara might get a new girlfriend! Lotz revealed when asked for hints about Legends Season 2.

We may have already met this mystery woman, or is she a brand new member of Team Legends? Lotz also looks forward to going head-to-head with Black Siren and Killer Frost, evil alter-egos of Laurel Lance and Caitlin Snow. Lotz also talked about what her potential Earth-2 alter ego would be like.

I think my alter ego should just be, like, something really lame. Or not lame, but chill and simple. I'd be, like, a librarian, or I knit scarves. That's what Sara does in Earth-2.

So far, White Canary has three new teammates: Citizen Steel, Vixen and Hourman. Considering The Flash severely Fd up the timeline, The Legends may be the ones responsible for helping him fix the universe. As it turns out, future Mick Rory is the one who told Hourman to come save The Legends with a second Wave Rider in the season finale. What do the Legends need saving from?

Find out when DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 premieres October 13, 201

"Legends of Tomorrow" Adds Citizen Steel to the Cast | Comic Book Resources

Nick Zano ("Minority Report") has been tapped to play Dr. Nate Heywood, the historian who in the comics becomes the hero Citizen Steel, for "Legends of Tomorrow" Season 2.

According to Deadline, the producers are tight-lipped on whether or not Heywood will become Steel on the series -- but based on the trajectory of the show after the Justice Society reveal at the end of Season 1, we can guess he'll be donning the star-spangled armor in no time.

RELATED: Who Are "Legends of Tomorrow's" Justice Society of America?

In the comics, Nate is the third person to hold a "Steel" mantle, after the WWII-era Henry Heywood, who was a member of the original Justice Society, and his grandson (introduced in 1984) Hank Heywood III, who was a member of the Justice League. Nate was created in 2007 as the other grandson of Henry Heywood, who took on the guise of Citizen Steel during Geoff Johns and Dale Eaglesham's run on "Justice Society of America."

Producer Marc Guggenheim previously said of "Legends'" rotating cast, "...the composition of the team is going to change; there will be some new faces on the Waverider...
    The season finale planted some very significant flags in terms of what the new concept of the show will be in season 2. The teams mission statement for Season 2 is more compelling than Season 1, and at the same time, it is more streamlined. Its a little bit higher concept, a very clean notion that will allow the show to do things that it does best."
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-30-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Just more fun facts:

'Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2: 7 Justice Society of America Members That Should Be Introduced - Hollywood Reporter

For the uninitiated, the Justice Society of America, or the JSA, was first introduced in 1940's All Star Comics #3, though it wasn't until the Silver Age of comics in 1961 that the JSA was retooled to become the Justice League of America. New rules were then set to differentiate the two groups: the JSA was established as the superhero team up from Earth-2, while the JLA came from Earth-1. This allowed for cross-pollination between the two universes and teams moving forward.

So what does this mean for season two of the Arrow-verse's newest series? It opens the story up to many iconic DC comics characters. In addition to Hourman, Nick Zano has joined the cast of Legends of Tomorrow as a series regular for season two, playing Dr. Nate Heywood. Nate is a historian whose grandfather was Cmdr. Steel, a member of the Justice Society of America. In the comics, Nate becomes Steel/Citizen Steel, a member of the Justice League of America, although there's no word on if Zano will get to portray the superhero his character is fated to become.

It is interesting to note that the original founder of the JSA is Jay Garrick, a character who The Flash viewers have already met ... twice. After a fake-out back in the season two premiere that turned out to be the villain Zoom (Teddy Sears) posing as Jay Garrick, the real Jay arrived in the season two finale as the doppelganger of Barry's (Grant Gustin) deceased father Henry Allen (John Wesley Shipp). While the original speedster and founder of the JSA is on The Flash right now, that could lead to some potential crossovers between The Flash and Legends in the future.

And we can't forget that another founding member of the JSA is Carter Hall, aka Hawkman, (Falk Hentschel), and member Kendra Saunders, aka Hawkgirl, (Ciara Renee), who are both taking a leave of absence from the team so they can live normal lives with each other for the first time after defeating Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) in the season one finale.

Season 2 Episode 1 - "Out of Time" - October 13, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend...n_2_.282016.29

In 2016, historian Nate Heywood enlists Mayor Oliver Queen's help in locating the sunken Waverider, finding only Mick aboard in stasis. After being revived, Mick tells them what happened. With the Time Masters gone, Rip's team - Mick, Ray, Sara, Jefferson and Martin - continued traveling through time dealing with "aberrations" in history while avoiding 1942 due to Rex Tyler's warning. They learned that a nuclear bomb would be exploded in New York City in 1942 and believed that the Nazis kidnapped Einstein and forced his help in making one. They abducted Einstein themselves, but discovered that this did not change events. Einstein explained that his partner, Mileva Marić, was the only other scientist with enough expertise. In another confrontation, they saved Mileva while Sara attempted to kill Damien Darhk, who was helping the Nazis, to prevent Laurel's death. However, Darhk escaped and launched his sole atomic bomb toward New York from a U-boat. Rip then teleported all but the injured Mick off the Waverider, scattering them throughout time, before intercepting the missile with the ship and saving the city. Mick and Nate travel through time and rescue everyone, but fail to find any trace of Rip. After fixing events in 1942 to prevent the Nazis from making a nuclear bomb, the team is confronted by the Justice Society of America. Meanwhile, Darhk is shown to be working with Eobard Thawne.

Wow, what a great episode, what I expected in Season 1 and didn't get, a great adventure through time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast