Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The CW

Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow - The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 8
    Night of the Hawk
    Airs Thursday Mar 10, 2016 on The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1, Episode 8: Night of the Hawk - TV.com

The team tracks Savage to a small town in Oregon during the 1950s where a recent string of murders has occurred and they suspect Savage is involved. Stein and Sara go undercover at a psychiatric hospital where Savage is working as a doctor to find out his plan. Meanwhile, Ray and Kendra pose as a married couple to gain the neighborhood's trust, but an interracial couple in the 1950s isn't something that goes unnoticed.

I was wondering when Jax and Kendra would hit the racial wall and how this series would handle it.

Is it pretty obvious from this episode that Brandon Routh/Ray Palmer/The Atom and Ciara Renee/Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl are the weakest actors on this series and any episodes with them playing minimal parts are the best episodes.

While I like the concept of the show, and the team of characters it is pretty evident this one note crusade of vengeance against Vandal Savage is getting old very fast.

Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein absolutely kills it in every episode. Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary also does a good job as does Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. All add depth and layers to their characters and story lines. I like Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, I thoroughly enjoyed him as Rory on Dr. Who and it's nice to see him get a larger more international role. Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson/Jax Jackson is improving. Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave also nails his character but they give him so little to do and to expand.
    No goat killers on my island.

There will be a 2 week break and episode 9 will air March 31, 2016. The remaining 8 episodes will air with no interruptions with the season finale on May 19, 2016.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 9
    Left Behind
    Aired Thursday Mar 31, 2016 on The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1, Episode 9: Left Behind - TV.com

Ray, Sara and Kendra are shocked when they watch the Waverider fly off without them, leaving them stranded in the 1950s. After waiting months for their teammates to come back, the three realize they must move on with their lives. Ray and Kendra bond as a couple, but Sara decides to return to the League of Assassins and Ra's al Ghul.
    I think I like the episodes best when they don't have Vandal Savage in them as to me his inclusion simply weakens any story line. It was interesting to see how Sara, Kendra and Ray handled being left behind in 1958 and not be rescued until 1960. I think Sara being able to go to Nanda Parbat and get help from Ra's was a good idea but did he never question her blood lust, did he know she had been in the Lazarus Pit? Kendra and Ray as a couple. I kinda like the idea and I wonder if it will last now they are not suffering from time drift. I still think they are the two weakest actors and it rather painful to see how blah they are on screen. The best story arc was discovering that Mick Rory was Captain Chronos and he was seeking revenge on the entire team. Captain Cold, was that really his plan to freeze his hand and smash it or did he simply mess up his aim and miss his shackles.

Season 1 has 16 episodes with the finale on May 19, 2016. The CW has renewed this series for a second season.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 10
    Progeny
    Aired Thursday Apr 07, 2016 on The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1, Episode 10: Progeny - TV.com

Rip tells the team they are headed to the future to take out a powerful ally that Savage needs in order to conquer the world. However, when Rip reveals the ally is a 14 year-old boy who will one day grow into an evil dictator, the team is split about the morality of killing a child, even if it does save the world. Meanwhile, Sara talks Snart through a rough patch and Ray learns something that could impact his future with
    Ah... the conundrum what would you do if you had a chance to go back in time and kill a dictator like Hitler when they were a child.

I always find the episodes with Vandal Savage to be a tad boring and predictable and thoroughly enjoy the episodes without Vandal Savage. It's as if they cast and writers feel very constricted in what they can and cannot do and the more times they fail because they fail to kill anyone or find some kind of final resolution the more frustrating this series becomes. The best scenes are between the cast members. While I find Ray Palmer and Kendra the two weakest characters they actually has some nice moments together and they brought a Carter and Kendra flashback to 1920. I have a bit of a bone to pick with that date as that was 96 years ago and Aldus their son was about 8 or 9. Does Aldus also reincarnate as we saw Aldus as a professor who died earlier in the series and if that is the Aldus we saw in the flashback he would be about 104 yrs old.

I like the new Mick and it is fun to see him be snarky with all the people who parade around his cell. Sara has the best relationship with Snart and Mick Rory. She understands them and what motivates them. Sometimes I feel as if she is the world weary Zen Master who must get folks going on the correct path as they are too stupid and stubborn to do so without a good push.

Overall I don't think the series has really found it's footing but the episode looks like fun as it is a visit to the Wild Wild West.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 11
    The Magnificent Eight
    Aired Thursday Apr 14, 2016 on The CW

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 1, Episode 11: The Magnificent Eight - TV.com

When the team needs a place to hide out, Rip sets a course for the Old West. Upon arrival, they start a fight with a gang of outlaws that puts a small town in jeopardy. Luckily, Rip's old friend Jonah Hex steps in to save them.
    Seriously, if you can time travel back to 1871 and the Old West why not and have fun with it. This is when this series is fun, fun, fun. Let 'er rip. Luv'ed watching Ray have so much fun full filling his dream to be a hero and do it in a Western. He picks the worst names as aliases, Hannibal Lecter in the previous episode and John Wayne in this one. I did find the back story for Kendra interesting this time as her present self got to talk to an elder version of herself. I still wish they had a better actress because that would make a huge difference in the storytelling.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 12
    Last Refuge
    Aired Thursday Apr 21, 2016 on The CW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Tomorrow

The Pilgrim begins targeting each of the team members. Gideon uses the Pilgrim's temporal distortions to predict her next move. After they successfully rescue Mick and Sara's younger selves, Gideon loses track of the Pilgrim's movement allowing her to take out any of the team without them knowing. The Pilgrim goes after Ray, but the team arrives just in time to save his former self and prevent Ray's death. Rip decides to abduct the rest of the team's infant selves to prevent the Pilgrim from killing any version of them. They are successful, bringing the infants to Rip's adoptive mother to look after until they can stop the Pilgrim. The Pilgrim kidnaps Jefferson's father, threatening to kill him and everyone else's loved ones, unless they give themselves up to her. Rip agrees to give his younger self, before he became a Time Master, in exchange for everyone's life. The Pilgrim agrees, but the team set a trap for her. The Pilgrim is able to freeze the team as they attack, but fails to notice Rip's younger self as he stabs her. Distracted, the team is able to destroy the Pilgrim. Meanwhile, Ray and Kendra become engaged.
    As always the episodes are better without Vandal Savage. At least Kendra and Ray seem to have resolved their on and off relationship. I liked seeing the younger selfs and how some on the current crew interacted with their younger selfs. Sarah and her dad Quentin Lance always seem to have a good relationship. I didn't think the writers would use the not being able to return the younger selves as a plot point I just hope with the 4 episodes left in season 1 they can somehow resolve some of the messy story arcs they have left hanging.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 Episode 13
    Leviathan
    Aired Thursday Apr 28, 2016 on The CW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Tomorrow

The team travels to London in 2166, to try to eliminate Savage just before he finally takes over the world. While investigating Savage, Kendra notices that one of his female officers is wearing a bracelet that she originally wore when she first died in ancient Egypt. The team plans to retrieve the bracelet, hoping that it will help them kill Savage. They also join forces with local rebels. The officer turns out to be Savage's daughter. Snart kidnaps her when he realizes she knows about the team, and he manages to convince her to assist them by showing her Savage's true nature. Rory helps Kendra melt the bracelet down and coat Carter's mace so that it can be used to kill Savage. Ray discovers that Savage's ultimate weapon is a giant robot, which then severely damages the Waverider. While the others go after Savage, Ray reverses the polarity of his suit so that he can grow in size and takes out the robot. The mace works, but Kendra refuses to kill Savage when she learns that he has brainwashed that generation's incarnation of Carter to be his soldier. To save Carter's mind, she and Rip imprison Savage on the Waverider.

Normally, I don't like Vandal centric episodes as they are boring and nothing happens. I did like this episode as it had limited Vandal Savage. I luv how Snart seems to find these women and connect with them. Is this the second or third female he has connected with? I luv'ed Ray's giant size fight with the robot Leviathan it was visually interesting and the camera angles were creative and fun and you actually got a sense that both Ray and the robot were huge, there was a sense of weight and size to those scenes. I did realize why I have a bone to pick with Kendra. She is by nature not a savage killer and it is something that does not come naturally to her. Makes me wonder how she became a high priestess in the first place as that would have had to include some political savvy. However she had been reborn over 4,000 years and had been murdered in many of those lifetimes. You would think she would have become more of a fighter just from a stance of self defense. The fact that she is so wishy washy 90% of the time is what drives me nuts. It was great to see Kendra finally make a decision and actually attack and hurt Savage. Trouble is he has always been way ahead of everyone as far as mind games and protecting himself.

Note:

There are 3 more episodes to go with the season 1 finale on May 19, 2016

Yes, there is a season 2.

Hint:
    There will be new faces and new everything.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.

I am very curious as to what superhero will join the team in the finale, though all signs point to hero from the future Booster Gold, who is very popular with DC fans, but I'm not big on him, personally. My one issue with this show is that it has a lot of main characters, so not everyone gets enough chances to shine. And I hope for better villains in season 2, as I've always thought Vandal to be a boring villains in everything I see him on, including in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I am very curious as to what superhero will join the team in the finale, though all signs point to hero from the future Booster Gold, who is very popular with DC fans, but I'm not big on him, personally. My one issue with this show is that it has a lot of main characters, so not everyone gets enough chances to shine. And I hope for better villains in season 2, as I've always thought Vandal to be a boring villains in everything I see him on, including in here.

I absolutely believe getting rid of Vandal Savage will improve this series 1000%.

FYI:

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Early Details | Den of Geek

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Early Details
    News Mike Cecchini
    4/27/2016 at 9:25PM

The time-traveling CW superhero team-up show will return! Get ready for Legends of Tomorrow Season 2.

It's official! While Legends of Tomorrow doesn't air its sesson finale until May 19th, the CW will pull the (chrono) trigger on another season of time travel craziness. Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 is now officially confirmed. In fact, the CW renewed nearly everything on their roster, including fellow superhero shows The Flash Season 3 and Arrow Season 5!

Click to see Spoiler:

As for what kind of shape the show might take? Well, that's another story. The showrunners have made it clear that not everyone will make it out of season one alive. So who knows what the team will look like when Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 comes around...it could be pretty different!

Legends of Tomorrow executive producer Phil Klemmer spoke with IGN, and he told them how they're "determined to make every part of Season 2 feel like its own show. Episode 201 will very much be a new pilot with new good guys, new bad guys, new stakes, new dynamics, new goals. The team will basically have to find a new purpose."

Mr. Klemmer elaborated that the second season will see the team "no longer going to be hunted by Time Masters. They're no longer going to be burdened with having to save the world. It's no longer going to be about saving Miranda and Jonas... it's going to have a much, much different tone because our Legends are going to have a totally different purpose... There will be new faces and new everything."

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Cast and New Characters

Any chatter about this becoming an anthology-type show with a totally different roster is probably still premature. But TV Line reports that the May 19th season finale will drop "a beloved superhero from the DC canon" on fans. They say whoever it is has a "mysterious agenda" and that's what will fuel Legends of Tomorrow Season 2.

Who could it be? My first guess is always going to be Booster Gold, but that seems a little less likely considering that there's a movie in development for him. But when they say "beloved" it would seem to indicate that it's someone a little more high profile than some of the folks we're already associating with the Legends name, so...who knows?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast