+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    That plays into the second trilogy so I'm guessing that's where they are going next season.

So I have to admit, I was disappointed in this season. The finale with Clary asking the angel to bring Jace back was such a huge deal in the books because they had this tormented relationship that had gone on for 3 books. The payoff in the book was so great and I loved it. This was anti-climactic . . . mostly because I think they did a dis-service by not taking the time to build the backstory on their relationship. It just didn't feel the same and I didn't really feel the love there.
    For a young adult series, the TV show is just not doing justice to the agony and angst the relationships need and that is totally where this show misses. You just don't feel the pull between Alex and Magnus, Jace and Clary, even Simon could play it better. I do think that the actor Magnus is doing his part you can feel that he is in love with Alex but Alex is just not there. Lack of chemistry? Same thing with Jace and Clary. As an actor Clary has massively improved but I am just not feeling the connection between her and Jace. Simon again has grown but .... I don't know.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 2 Episode 20 - Beside Still Water - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Aug 14, 2017 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 2, Episode 20: Beside Still Water - TV.com

In the Season 2 finale, Jace and Clary rush to make a final stand, but they have a bigger fight on their hands than expected after a traitor is revealed. Meanwhile, Alec and Izzy must fight off a large mass of demons that have unexpectedly shown up; and Luke and Simon head to the Seelie Court to deal with some unfinished business with the Seelie Queen.
    A bit anticlimactic as after they found the traitor, killed Valentine, and resurrected Jace they were setting up the threads/story lines for season 3 with Lucas's partner confronting him in the Hunter's Moon (Downworlder bar) and asking him how long he has been a werewolf? Really, you ask that in a bar full of werewolves who have enhanced hearing. Can you say "death wish"? That was so dumb and stupid. And so what? What if she takes her illegally filmed stuff to her bosses at the NCPD? Will they believe it? Doubt it. Load it on to YouTube? So what?

Then there was Jace clutching himself in agony. Do I really care?

Surprise, Sebastian/Jonathan is back in Edom and with his "mom", is that really Jocelyn? What is she doing in a hell dimension?

Simon making a bad bargain with the Seelie Queen, wow did they broadcast that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 2 Episode 20 - Beside Still Water - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Aug 14, 2017 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 2, Episode 20: Beside Still Water - TV.com

A bit anticlimactic as after they found the traitor, killed Valentine, and resurrected Jace they were setting up the threads/story lines for season 3 with Lucas's partner confronting him in the Hunter's Moon (Downworlder bar) and asking him how long he has been a werewolf? Really, you ask that in a bar full of werewolves who have enhanced hearing. Can you say "death wish"? That was so dumb and stupid. And so what? What if she takes her illegally filmed stuff to her bosses at the NCPD? Will they believe it? Doubt it. Load it on to YouTube? So what?

Then there was Jace clutching himself in agony. Do I really care?

Surprise, Sebastian/Jonathan is back in Edom and with his "mom", is that really Jocelyn? What is she doing in a hell dimension?

Simon making a bad bargain with the Seelie Queen, wow did they broadcast that one.
    If they stick with the books, no. It is Lilith, mother of all demons. And based on Jace being in agony at the end, I have a feeling they are going at least partially with the stories in the books. The concept being life has to be in balance. Good got back a life, so evil should as well to keep it balanced.

Season 3 of Shadowhunters has started.

Will be airing Tuesdays from 8:00 PM-9:00 PM EST on Freeform.

Will be 10 episodes long.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-21-2018 at 02:34 AM.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Summaries of Season 2 Episode 19 & 20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_2_.282017.29

Episode 19 - "Hail and Farewell" - August 7, 2017

Isabelle, Jace and Clary are trying to take out Valentine and Jonathan but get attacked by a possessing demon. Jace kills the demon. Clary tells the Inquisitor that the Mortal Mirror is Lake Lyn in Idris. The Seelie Queen comes to the institute to meet with the Downworld Council but she refuses to give her support to capture and execute Valentine. Maia and Simon are dating.
    Episode 20 - "Beside Still Water" - August 14, 2017

The dying Jonathan washed ashore on the shore of Manhattan, and using his blood, he summoned the wraith demons. Meanhwhile, Luke and Simon comes to Magnus after Maia's abduction, and in the final battle, Valentine eventually succedded in summoning Raziel and killed Jace. Clary, in a fit of rage, stabs Valentine, finally killing him. With Raziel's summoning, Clary wishes for Jace's resurrection. At the end, Magnus and Alec get back together.

Season 3 Episode 1 - On Infernal Ground - March 20, 2018

On Infernal Ground | Shadowhunters on Freeform Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Secrets abound as the Shadowhunters and Downworlders try to get back to normal after Valentine's death. Clary struggles with keeping her secret about Raziel's wish, while Alec pushes Jace to come clean about whatever Jace and Clary are hiding. Luke must use tough love to keep his secret hidden from Ollie who is on a war path for answers. And Magnus hides his true feelings about his new position in the warlock community from Alec.

Meanwhile, Lilith sets a plan in motion in New York City as Simon spends time in the Seelie Court.

Lilith looked interesting.

Luke confirms to Ollie all the legends are true, so does he kill her now?

The Seelie Queen is setting up Simon for something.

Season 3 Episode 2 - "The Powers That Be" - March 27, 2018

Listings - SHADOWHUNTERS on FREEFORM | TheFutonCritic.com

The Warlocks' magic is becoming corrupted by a demonic presence while Izzy and Luke try to track down more information on the recent series of possessions.
    I didn't particularly like that the new High Warlock automatically thought Magnus Bane was behind all the issues with magic fluctuating.

Jace and his nightmares ... not impressed with the acting.

Rascist werewolves ... glad Simon is protected.

Season 3 Episode 3 - "What Lies Beneath" - April 3, 2018

The Shadowhunters try to track down the new imposing threat, while Jace has a suspicion that Jonathan is back and behind the mundane attacks. Simon tries to figure out what The Seelie Queen did to him during his time in the glade. Alec decides to host a Lightwood family dinner at Magnus' house after a surprising visit from Maryse.
    Wow, luv'ed Maryse. She looked fabulous and the acting was also fabulous. Great family dinner.

Jace is the Owl. Too funny.

Season 3 Episode 4 - "Thy Soul Instructed" - April 10, 2018

Jace's concerns grow about his mental state and turns to Luke for information on his family's past. Clary and Izzy go after a rogue vampire and Simon hunts for a new apartment.
    Poor Jace it sucks to be him always the pawn in somebody's revenge plot.

Simon, another pawn.

Felt kinda sorry for Raphael.

Season 3 Episode 5 - "Stronger Than Heaven" - April 17, 2018

Someone is out to get Simon and Jace is on the hunt to find out who it is, meanwhile Clary turns to Luke to find a way to help Jace. Alec worries about the future of his relationship after learning more about Magnus' romantic past.
    Glad to see Simon stand up for himself and take control of his life.

Interesting to see Lilith in her true form.

Amazed that the angel was killed.

Liked Izzy's date and later fight.

Alec is acting like a spoiled brat. His lover Magnus is centuries old and of course had other relationships.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789