+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Season 2 Episode 17 - "A Dark Reflection" - July 24, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_2_.282017.29

Sebastian/Jonathan allies himself with Valentine. With two of the three Mortal Instruments in their possession, they hunt for the last Mortal Instrument (The Mortal Mirror) so they can raise the angel Raziel, make a wish and bring about a dawn of a pure angel-blooded world, that can never be tainted. Sebastian/Jonathan struggles with whether he wants Valentine's or Clary's love as one wants him to be evil and the other wants to save him. Jace and Clary find out that her mother had hidden The Mortal Mirror. With the help of Dorothea Rollinsto (Dot), they recover it before being attacked by Jonathon. Dot stays behind to give them a change to escape. Luke and Magnus discover that the Clave lied about possessing the Mortal Sword. Magnus is furious that Alec kept this from him and debates aligning with the Seelie Queen. Isabelle struggles with the fact that Max is growing up and convinces Maia to give a relationship with Simon a chance. Max finds out that Sebastian is Jonathan.
    The best scenes were with Simon, Izzy and Max. It is a little disconcerting watching such a young child being sent into battle and while Simon said he was 12 the actor playing Max seems more in the 8 to 9 yr old range.

While I liked that Jonathon wanted to know Clary the kiss was unexpected.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 2 Episode 16 - "Day of Atonement" - July 17, 2017

Seriously what kind of father does that to his son, put demon blood into him and them sends him to Udom (a hell demension???) when he is out of control yet puts angels blood into a stranger????

Liked Clary's new power.

Liked the interaction of Simon's Jewish culture and that they showed the family celebrating vs the episode title and Valentine showing regret and possibly atonement but also manipulating his demonized son, Jonathan.
    So he didn't send him to the other dimension in the books - that was new. I'm not sure how that plays into where they are going. That dimension does come into the books, but not until the second trilogy.

They were getting a bit out in left field for a while, which I wasn't a fan of. While they are still diverging, they are coming back to the books - at least to all the main plot points, which I appreciate. I was wondering how we were going to get there, and now I see it.

Season 2 Episode 18 - "Awake, Arise, or Be Forever Fallen" - July 31, 2017

Max lies in a coma following Jonathan's attack and the Institute is put on lockdown when it becomes clear Jonathan is inside. Magnus and Luke meet with the Seelie Queen, who proposes a Downworlder alliance against Valentine, even if it means starting a war with the Shadowhunters. Luke refuses immediately while Magnus is given time to decide. Jonathan steals the Mortal Mirror. Magnus chooses to serve his people over his relationship with Alec and breaks up with him. Clary discovers Sebastian is Jonathan when he fails a test and manages to get the Mirror back before he escapes the Institute. However, her attempt to disarm the Mirror destroys it, and she realizes the real Mirror is Lake Lyn in Idris.
    Well, finally they figured out that Sebastian is Jonathan.

Liked how Clary found out and fought back.

Maia and Simon = kiss

Bat -- new puppy ... is this a new character?

Magnus + Alex, sorry still not feeling any chemistry between the two and while the story line is implying that Magnus is going into an agony of emotion of what to do in regards to being a leader vs loving Alex, this entire plot is such a let down and not even a pivotal point which what it should be. To be honest while I would miss Magnus, if both Magnus and Alex disappeared from this series would anyone even notice or care?

Luc's partner is she in the books or just a tv character? Planting a camera and spying on your partner is really not a good idea. Does she even realize that if any Downworlder knew what she was doing she and and girlfriend will disappear.

per wiki:

In April 2017, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a third season of 20 episodes, which will premiere in 2018.

[QUOTE=Bearcata;5163174]Season 2 Episode 18

Bat is a character in the books. He has a significant role but I don't want to spoil it without your permission!

Luc's partner is just for the show. I'm not sure what she is all about. In the books, Jocelyn didn't die, so there was an entire story line with Luc and Jocelyn. I'm assuming the partner was created because Luc is a great character but they aren't completely sure what to do with him now that Jocelyn is dead.

I'm not sure what they are doing with Magnus and Alec. They did struggle and break up in the books - but for a very different reason.

There are only 2 episodes left - and given where we have to get (since they have said they will be at the end of book 3 by the end of this season), there's a lot that has to happen over the next 2 episodes.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Luke was much better in the books.. and I so dislike him on the show. As well as how his story lines are going. I am still upset hey killed Joc off, that wasn't needed.. she is in a coma for so long in the books, it isn't like they had to invent ways to keep her involved. I also do not like how his sister was inserted in to the story on the show. I know that nothing is as good as the book in general, but Luke has been a disappointment on the and in the movie, IMO. I loved Luke in the books.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I was surprised they killed off Jonathan so quickly, is he really dead?

Season 2 finale on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was surprised they killed off Jonathan so quickly, is he really dead?
    That plays into the second trilogy so I'm guessing that's where they are going next season.

So I have to admit, I was disappointed in this season. The finale with Clary asking the angel to bring Jace back was such a huge deal in the books because they had this tormented relationship that had gone on for 3 books. The payoff in the book was so great and I loved it. This was anti-climactic . . . mostly because I think they did a dis-service by not taking the time to build the backstory on their relationship. It just didn't feel the same and I didn't really feel the love there.

Season 2 Episode 19 - Hail and Farewell - Aired Monday 8:00 PM Aug 07, 2017 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 2, Episode 19: Hail and Farewell - TV.com

After centuries of being lied to and treated poorly by the Clave, the Downworlders decide to come together and take matters into their own hands, as the hunt for Valentine and Sebastian intensifies, but the Downworlders choice to break with the Shadowhunters could quickly escalate to war.
    I did feel the fight between Sebastian/Jonathan was a anticlimactic and bit of a waste as this is a good actor and I can see them keeping him especially if they off Valentin anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread