+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

No episode will be airing on July 3rd due to it being the July 4th holiday weekend, the next new episode will air on July 10th.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 2 Episode 14 - "The Fair Folk" - June 26, 2017

Listings - SHADOWHUNTERS on FREEFORM | TheFutonCritic.com

The actors playing Alec and Jace must have been taking acting lessons as they did quite well this episode, I even felt some chemistry between Jace and Clary in their big kiss that revealed hidden desire this episode.

Izzy is was really good this episode, you really felt a connections between her and Raphael, that if they let it go to it's natural conclusion would have been Hot, Hot, Hot.

Izzy and her scenes with her mother Maryse were also excellent.

So what happened, acting lessons, better direction, pacing, editing? Whatever it is working. The feel of the series has improved and it needed it. I wish they could duplicate whatever is happening on Stitchers and Beyond, although Camille, Linus, Fisher, and Maggie are absolutely perfect on Stitchers.

Will Tudor as Sebastian Veloc adds so much to the scenes he is in, maybe his influence is what is happening to the actors.
    When I go back and watch episodes from the first season of Friends, I cringe at how bad the acting was at times. By the end though, I thought everyone did amazing. So I think maybe time, combined with a growing familiarity with the other actors they are working with?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    When I go back and watch episodes from the first season of Friends, I cringe at how bad the acting was at times. By the end though, I thought everyone did amazing. So I think maybe time, combined with a growing familiarity with the other actors they are working with?
    I do think when you have a genre like urban fantasy/paranormal young adult that Shadowhunters falls under you need to have even better story telling and acting then a regular show. With so many talented folks out there you would think this would be an easy thing to do when you see shows like Buffy the Vampire Hunter and iZombie that are so well done from day one you wonder why it is so hard for other shows, just saying. At least they this series has improved in both story telling and acting it is too bad it was soooo painful to watch the improvement. At this point I do think the most interesting story lines and actors are Simon, Isabelle, and Clary.

While the books are extremely popular, the movie was terrible (in my opinion) - in large part due to casting. So I wonder if they had a hard time casting this show? Other than Katherine McNamara and Harry Shum, I don't recognize any of these people from other roles. I actually think Dom Sherwood was best known for being that chick from Modern Family's boyfriend!

While the books are extremely popular, the movie was terrible (in my opinion) - in large part due to casting. So I wonder if they had a hard time casting this show? Other than Katherine McNamara and Harry Shum, I don't recognize any of these people from other roles. I actually think Dom Sherwood was best known for being that chick from Modern Family's boyfriend!
    Oh, my gosh, yes the movie was just BAD.

I do think that the adults are doing a good job, in some cases they acting is so good you don't notice the cheesy dialog.

Magnus Bane is good, so much so I want some one as good or better as his lover not the person that they currently have playing the part.

I do think the issue was that the younger actors, who had to carry the story just were not that good in the beginning. In addition I think they switched the show runners and that was a huge improvement over the quality of the show, and the directors are demanding more from the actors. I remember when Twilight the movie came out and I am not a big fan of the series but the first movie was terrible, and I was amazed how much better the second film was when they switched to a better director.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-05-2017 at 01:17 AM.

New episode tomorrow.

Wiki description of Season 2 Episode 14 - "The Fair Folk" - June 26, 2017

Alec sends Clary and Jace on a mission to the Seelie Court to investigate the possibility of Kaylie having had accomplices in her murderous rampage, but Simon insists on joining them. At the Seelie Court, the Seelie Queen attempts to befriend Simon, but when he rebuffs her advances, she puts a trap of vines on Simon and Jace, with the only way to free them being Clary kissing the one she most desires. She kisses Simon first, but that does not work, and when she kisses Jace, it frees them, but Simon leaves, hurt. Clary tries to reason with him later, but he refuses to see her, and when she gets back to the Institute, she refuses to talk to Jace. At the Institute, Alec begins the Downworlder Cabinet, a weekly meeting with representatives from the warlocks (Magnus), the vampires (Raphael), the Seelies (Meliorn), and the werewolves (a very reluctant Luke). Luke does not believe the Shadowhunters have done enough to change their attitude towards Downworlders, so when a mysterious individual contacts him on a burner phone to ask for help in killing Valentine, he agrees to help, but he is foiled by Sebastian and Alec. Maryse is back in town, and she tells Alec and Isabelle that Robert cheated on her, and they are no longer together. Isabelle reveals that she has known for some time, and begs her mother to leave him, saying she is worthy of love. Isabelle also comes clean about her yin fen addiction, and Maryse accepts this and tells Isabelle that she should fight for her love. Raphael takes an immediate disliking to Sebastian, who tells Raphael that his love for Isabelle is only due to the yin fen addiction, and that he is not good for her. When Isabelle asks Raphael to pursue a relationship with her, he refuses, repeating that he is not good for her. The episode ends with Sebastian playing piano, the same Chopin piece that Jace played at the beginning of the episode, and there are several burner phones on a chair in his room. A noise comes from Sebastian's closet, and he opens it and reveals a bound and gagged man, whom Sebastian tells to keep quiet or he will punish him more.
    Just posting as descriptions are pretty good. I must give that a really good "bad guy" can make a series and Sebastian is coming across as a really good "bad guy".

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Funny I recognized Dominic Sherwood (Vampire Academy and Taylor Swift's video for Style) and Harry Shum Jr. (Glee of course!), as well as the actor playing Valentine (he was on The Tudors and Reign). The others are lost on me. I can't help but see Matthew Daddario's sister, Alexandria, when ever hes on the screen. She was Kate on White Collar and in the Percy Jackson movies. They look so much alike and have so many of the same mannerisms, its scary! This cast has so little chemistry it is sad... maybe it is just me that feels that way. I wanted this to be better than the movie, because yeah it sucked. Lena was the best part of it!!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Season 2 Episode 15 - "A Problem of Memory" - July 10, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_2_.282017.29

Quinn introduces Simon to a Bleeder's Den, where vampires bite mundanes to get high. Sebastian is seen ironing, and he accidentally places the hot iron on his hand but it seems not to affect him. Alec wakes up to an empty bed, and he sees that Magnus is troubled but he would not say explain why. At the Institute, Izzy sees Clary who's trying to reach Simon, and tells her to give Simon some time, and it's alright to love two people at the same time. Simon wakes up with a hungover and in a bloody shirt. Clary arrived at the boathouse and tries to explain herself, but Simon breaks off the relationship, saying that Clary doesn't love him the way he loves her. There was a girl found dead, drained of blood, and Simon's prints were found on her. Simon runs. As the Shadowhunters prepare to move Valentine to Idris, Izzy asks Alec whether Magnus is the warlock who is going to help in creating a Portal. Alec suggests otherwise, as he knows Magnus is bothered by something. Izzy advises her brother to talk to his boyfriend. Sebastian's cousin, Aline, arrives at the New York Institute. Aline sees Sebastian, and he seems uncomfortable. The man in Sebastian's room is revealed to be the real Sebastian. Simon tries to work out what happened the night before, and he goes back to the crime scene. There, an officer found him and handcuffed him. Simon figures out that he wasn't the one who killed the mundane (as the most recent bite mark was on her feet, not on her wrist where Simon bit her) and goes back to the Bleeder's Den and sees Quinn drinking blood from a girl's feet, knowing it was him who actually killed the mundane the night before. They get into a fight and Simon stakes Quinn through the heart, killing him. Back in Magnus' apartment, Magnus has a flashback of the night he found his mother, dead. Alec arrives, and persuades Magnus to open up. Real Sebastian (who escaped fake Sebastian's room) was just a few meters away from help when fake Sebastian caught up, killing the real one. Simon tells Clary they will always be friends, but he needs time. At last, it was time to transfer Valentine to Idris. Valentine escaped and was portaled to fake Sebastian's place. The episode ends with a grotesque being with no skin (fake Sebastian's true form) calling Valentine "father".
    Liked the Simon and Clary scenes, it seems that they are setting up Simon for a bigger maybe more complex road, he is now going through the lost of his first love. Since when did Simon now how to fight? It was a fun scene though.

Magnus is going down a dark memory lane.

Jace and Clary needed this time apart, the actors needed to mature, this time when the get together it will be more believable.

What is up with Luke's new partner? Is she a totally new character written just for TV?

Sebastian and fake Sebastian, ewew, was not expecting that.

Season 2 Episode 16 - "Day of Atonement" - July 17, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_2_.282017.29

The show begins with Sebastian accusing his father Valentine of not loving him and sending him away to Etom. Meanwhile, at the Institute Jace makes an attempt to talk to Clary about what happened at the Seelie Court, which Clary refuses. Jace thinks that Valentine is most probably hiding in a cabin in Idris where he spent few years of his childhood with his father. Clary unexpectedly draws a rune that can portal them to Idris. Both end up in a lake at Idris. While they are walking in the forest, Clary suddenly realises that she might have dropped the stele in the lake and goes back to look for it, only to find Jace missing. Clary starts to hallucinate and sees Angel Ithuriel who tells her that Jonathan is alive. Meanwhile Alec gets wind that Jace is in trouble and needs his help. He finds out that Clary and Jace somehow sneaked away to Idris and with the help of his father he sends Isabelle to help them. Isabelle finds Jace and tells him that drinking the water from the lake can cause a person to hallucinate and that they must find Clary soon to stop her from losing her mind. Both find Clary and together look for the cabin only to find it deserted. The show ends with Sebastian and Valentine dining together while Clary realises that her real brother is still alive.
    Seriously what kind of father does that to his son, put demon blood into him and them sends him to Udom (a hell demension???) when he is out of control yet puts angels blood into a stranger????

Liked Clary's new power.

Liked the interaction of Simon's Jewish culture and that they showed the family celebrating vs the episode title and Valentine showing regret and possibly atonement but also manipulating his demonized son, Jonathan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567