+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Season 2 Episode 7 - "How Are Thou Fallen" - February 13, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_2_.282017.29

Cleophas, on the run after killing Magdelena, arrives at Valentine's lair and tells him that Clary can create runes not in the Gray Book, but he refuses to believe her unless he has proof. Cleophas approaches Luke and Clary, but her brother is unwilling to trust her. Simon goes on his first date with Maia. Isabelle has become addicted to yin fen and is desperate for more. Clary hears strange noises that no one else can hear, and is convinced that Valentine is responsible. After Cleophas convinces Clary to go see Valentine, she hears the noise again, and Cleophas tells her that an angel is trying to communicate with her, which is unheard of, and concludes that Valentine must have imprisoned the angel. Jace, Clary, Luke, and Cleophas infiltrate Valentine's lair, and Clary is able to free the angel after he shows her a rune to unlock his chains that are otherwise unbreakable. The angel shows Clary and Jace a vision of death and destruction before escaping into the sky.

Clary has pure Angel blood in her veins versus Jace who has demon blood in his ... mmm.

This entire thing with Isabelle addicted to yin fen is ridiculous, what was Aldertree thinking.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 2 Episode 8 - "Love Is a Devil" - Air Date: Monday, February 20, 2017

Listings - SHADOWHUNTERS on FREEFORM | TheFutonCritic.com

Max's Rune Ceremony brings everyone's fears to the forefront in "Love Is a Devil," an all-new episode of "Shadowhunters," airing MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20 (8:00 - 9:00 p.m. EST), on Freeform.

Tasked with arranging his brother Max's Rune Ceremony, Alex decides this would be the perfect opportunity for his family to get to know Magnus. But with tensions flying among the different Shadowhunters, Max's big event quickly becomes an evening where they all must face their biggest fears.

Meanwhile, Simon makes a bold move as Isabelle finds an unlikely new ally.
    The confusion spell was good as it was a good way to misdirect folks, but I did find Clary and Simon as a couple a bit odd as it comes off more brother and sister.

Season 2 Episode 9 - "Bound by Blood" - Air Date: Monday, February 27, 2017

CLARY FACES A WORLD OF TROUBLE, IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF FREEFORM'S HIT ORIGINAL SERIES 'SHADOWHUNTERS,' ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27

Clary is sidelined by Iris' blood oath, while the Downworld begins to fall apart, in "Bound By Blood".

With word getting out that Clary is a key part of Valentine's plan, the Downworlders are at odds on how to handle the issue. But when Iris activates her blood oath, Clary has more to worry about than hiding from Valentine and the Downworlders.
    Luv it when all knowing Clary stumbles into stuff she knows nothing about and it bites her in the a$$ ala her blood oath to Iris.

Not thrilled with some of the liberties they are taking away from the books. Clary and Simon were just never that serious of a relationship in the books. She tried, but was too in love with Jace - and he with her. Them pining for each other and dealing with the brother/sister thing was a bigger deal in the books. And Izzy/Raphael and this drug with Aldertree?? I like Raphael and maybe this was just to give him a storyline? But completely different from the book and again, taking away from the pairing in the books that I really did like. Tomorrow is the winter finale. I understand it is coming back in the spring/summer? By the end of this season we are supposed to be through book 3, so I'm interested to see where they go when they come back. I really love the show - but I'm definitely disappointed by some of the deviations from the book.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Not thrilled with some of the liberties they are taking away from the books. Clary and Simon were just never that serious of a relationship in the books. She tried, but was too in love with Jace - and he with her. Them pining for each other and dealing with the brother/sister thing was a bigger deal in the books. And Izzy/Raphael and this drug with Aldertree?? I like Raphael and maybe this was just to give him a storyline? But completely different from the book and again, taking away from the pairing in the books that I really did like. Tomorrow is the winter finale. I understand it is coming back in the spring/summer? By the end of this season we are supposed to be through book 3, so I'm interested to see where they go when they come back. I really love the show - but I'm definitely disappointed by some of the deviations from the book.
    Definitely have to agree with you this entire Clary/Simon thing really threw me for a loop also I don't really feel any chemistry between the two. One of the key plots, the Clary/Jace lovers/incest/brother/sister thing was so much a part of the what the first three books that I wonder why they changed it like they did. I hope the showrunners do not ruin Shadowhunters like their did the Sookie Stackhouse novels TV show True Blood.

I do like the character of Magnus and the romance between Magnus and Alec could be sooooo HOT if only the actor playing Alec could act.

I wonder when they plan on bringing back the second half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Definitely have to agree with you this entire Clary/Simon thing really threw me for a loop also I don't really feel any chemistry between the two. One of the key plots, the Clary/Jace lovers/incest/brother/sister thing was so much a part of the what the first three books that I wonder why they changed it like they did. I hope the showrunners do not ruin Shadowhunters like their did the Sookie Stackhouse novels TV show True Blood.

I do like the character of Magnus and the romance between Magnus and Alec could be sooooo HOT if only the actor playing Alec could act.

I wonder when they plan on bringing back the second half of the season?
    Agreed on the acting. But this change is one I actually like! That relationship was really only hinted at in the books until book 3. I like the change with this relationship.

They keep saying tomorrow is the winter finale. My guess is that it comes back around the end of May/early June and runs until the end of August. Just my suspicion.

Wow, a lot of reveals tonight from the books. I'm not sure how I feel. BUT, during one of the commercial breaks they said it will be back June 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Wow, a lot of reveals tonight from the books. I'm not sure how I feel. BUT, during one of the commercial breaks they said it will be back June 5th.
    Saw that and it will be back with Stitchers so that will make for a fun Monday night during the summer.
    KatesMom likes this.

Season 2 Episode 10 - "By the Light of Dawn" - March 6, 2017

CLARY FACES A WORLD OF TROUBLE IN THE WINTER FINALE OF FREEFORM'S HIT ORIGINAL SERIES 'SHADOWHUNTERS,' ON MONDAY, MARCH 6

Valentine's plan is in full effect and the Shadowhunters must act fast to save the Downworld in "By the Light of Dawn," the winter finale of "Shadowhunters," airing MONDAY, MARCH 6 (8:00 - 9:01 p.m. EST), on Freeform.

The New York Institute is under attack as Valentine's plan for The Soul Sword is getting dangerously close to coming to fruition. The Shadowhunters must act fast to save their loved ones and the rest of the Downworld.

Meanwhile, some of the Downworlders have their own plan to stop Valentine and their target is Clary.
    A bit confusing, Valentine reveals that he is not Jace's father, and Clary is not his sister, and Jocelyn not his mother. Jace is confused. Jace also activates the SoulSword. He thought he had demon blood injected into him by Valentine but instead it was angel blood. Clary draws a rune on the SoulSword and it disappears and we see someone walking off into the park with it.

Simon drank Jaces' blood and is human again or a daywalking vampire not sure yet.

Alec and Magnus exchange I love you's.

Rapheal says he has feelings for Isabel but they are not sexual as he has never felt that way ... story there.

I find it funny that while Clary is willing to sacifice her self to save the Downworlders no one else can. Make up your mind girl.

The series is dragging itself toward something better hopefully we will see even more improvement come this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Season 2 Episode 10 - "By the Light of Dawn" - March 6, 2017

A bit confusing, Valentine reveals that he is not Jace's father, and Clary is not his sister, and Jocelyn not his mother. Jace is confused. Jace also activates the SoulSword. He thought he had demon blood injected into him by Valentine but instead it was angel blood. Clary draws a rune on the SoulSword and it disappears and we see someone walking off into the park with it.

Simon drank Jaces' blood and is human again or a daywalking vampire not sure yet.

Alec and Magnus exchange I love you's.

Rapheal says he has feelings for Isabel but they are not sexual as he has never felt that way ... story there.

I find it funny that while Clary is willing to sacifice her self to save the Downworlders no one else can. Make up your mind girl.

The series is dragging itself toward something better hopefully we will see even more improvement come this summer.
    He is still a vampire. He is called Daylighter in the books after this. Interesting that Jace's blood apparently also protected him from the blast of the soul sword.

I'm pretty sure I know who was carrying the sword at the end, based on who has been cast. But for those who haven't read the books, I'm assuming it is a spoiler so I will leave it for now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast