+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

There were 6 Mortal Instruments book (2 trilogies) and 3 Infernal Devices books - so you read all of those. I loved those better as well. Tessa and Jem actually re-appear at the end of The Mortal Instruments. And she has started a new series (Dark Artifices) - the first book was released this month - Lady Midnight. The main female is a Carstairs (related to Jem). I love the world and she writes characters that I care about.

After reading all of the postings here, I decided to take a chance and watch this On Demand. I am really liking it. The actor that plays Alec really reminds me of a young Steven Bauer.

I'm only on Epi 4, so still trying to get all the names straight, and who is who.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 11
    Blood Calls to Blood
    Aired Tuesday Mar 22, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 11: Blood Calls to Blood - TV.com

Clary, Jace and Luke devise a plan to rescue Jocelyn after a surprising ally provides them with important information about Valentine. Meanwhile, Inquisitor Herondale arrives at the Institute for Isabelle's trial; and Alec asks Magnus for help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowhunters

Clary, Jace and Michael Wayland head to Luke's for help. While there, Michael discloses the location of Valentine's new hideout an abandoned hospital in Long Island. Jace, Michael, Luke and Clary go to rescue a still-unconscious Jocelyn, but are surrounded by demons. Michael takes the Mortal Cup to command the demons, but then reveals himself to be Valentine in disguise. Clary subsequently reveals that Valentine is holding is a duplicate Cup. Before fleeing through a portal, he informs Clary and Jace that they are siblings. Meanwhile, Isabelle's trail begins, with Magnus as her defense attorney. During questioning, Lydia states that the trial is nonsense and withdraws the charges, but Inquisitor Herondale states that Isabelle will still be banished from Shadowhunter society if the Clave doesn't receive the Cup within 24 hours. Jace and Clary arrive back at the Institute with the Cup, dropping the charges against Isabelle.
    I liked Isabelle's speech while she was on the stand as well Lydia standing up and declaring that charges will be dropped. It makes the High Inquisitor look like a total idiot who has no regard for the law when she totally ignores Lydia's idict and declares Izzy guilty.

Liked how Simon stood up to Raphael in defense of Clary to get blood for Jace to combat his infected demon bite.
    No goat killers on my island.

I actually liked the way they revealed the "Jace and Clary are brother and sister" story. That was probably my biggest pet peeve about the movie. It is one of the biggest storylines of the first 3 books and the movie just destroyed it. I have high hopes that the show will at least do it partial justice!
    Bearcata likes this.

Clary, Jace and Michael Wayland head to Luke's for help. While there, Michael discloses the location of Valentine's new hideout – an abandoned hospital in Long Island. Jace, Michael, Luke and Clary go to rescue a still-unconscious Jocelyn, but are surrounded by demons. Michael takes the Mortal Cup to command the demons, but then reveals himself to be Valentine in disguise. Clary subsequently reveals that Valentine is holding is a duplicate Cup. Before fleeing through a portal, he informs Clary and Jace that they are siblings. Meanwhile, Isabelle's trial begins, with Magnus as her defense attorney. During questioning, Lydia states that the trial is nonsense and withdraws the charges, but Inquisitor Herondale states that Isabelle will still be banished from Shadowhunter society if the Clave doesn't receive the Cup within 24 hours. Jace and Clary arrive back at the Institute with the Cup, dropping the charges against Isabelle.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 12
    Malec
    Aired Tuesday Mar 29, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 12: Malec - TV.com

The eve of Alec and Lydia's wedding leads everyone to closely examine their relationships; Isabelle throws her brother a bachelor party; and Alec struggles with Jace's absence and his feelings for Magnus. Meanwhile, Clary and Jace search for Ragnor Fell to obtain the antidote that will awaken Jocelyn.

Alec is conflicted with his feelings for Magnus in the lead up to his wedding. Isabelle throws her brother a bachelor party, where Alec and Jace mend their broken bond. Meanwhile, Jace, Clary and Magnus visit Ragnor Fell for help on waking Jocelyn, but a demon kills Ragnor after he mentions that the Book of the White holds the antidote. During the wedding ceremony, Magnus arrives (whom Isabelle had secretly invited), making Alec realize he can't go through with the marriage. After apologizing to an understanding Lydia, he approaches Magnus and kisses him in front of the guests. Later, Maryse expresses her disappointment in Alec, though Robert offers support. Magnus finds that the Book of the White is in Camille's possession. Packing up to head back to Idris, Lydia retrieves the Cup from a safe but is attacked by Hodge. It is revealed that Hodge stole the Cup for Valentine in order to be freed from his binding curse.

Best scenes were Alec and Jace rebonding during Alec's bachelor party. I saw some real acting between those two, about time. I also liked the look between Magnus and Alec during Alec's wedding. Nice. There was a real sense of connection between Magnus and Alec and the kiss was great. Again I saw real acting from Alec this episode and he did it again standing up to his mother. Who knew. Even Jace had his moments when he showed total conflict over being Clary's brother and desiring her as a woman and not his sister.

Season finale coming up with a series special after.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 12
    Malec
    Aired Tuesday Mar 29, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 12: Malec - TV.com

Best scenes were Alec and Jace rebonding during Alec's bachelor party. I saw some real acting between those two, about time. I also liked the look between Magnus and Alec during Alec's wedding. Nice. There was a real sense of connection between Magnus and Alec and the kiss was great. Again I saw real acting from Alec this episode and he did it again standing up to his mother. Who knew. Even Jace had his moments when he showed total conflict over being Clary's brother and desiring her as a woman and not his sister.
    Agreed. While they are taking liberties with the story, they are sticking much closer on the main points. Magnus and Alec was actually a relationship I liked - and Alec grows a lot through it.

Funny side story - I was watching The Scorch Trials last night (sequel to The Maze Runner) and at the end there is a blond girl who looked a lot like Clary, except for the blond hair. Kept it running through the credits and yep, it was Katherine McNamara. So she must be a blond under the red!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. While they are taking liberties with the story, they are sticking much closer on the main points. Magnus and Alec was actually a relationship I liked - and Alec grows a lot through it.

Funny side story - I was watching The Scorch Trials last night (sequel to The Maze Runner) and at the end there is a blond girl who looked a lot like Clary, except for the blond hair. Kept it running through the credits and yep, it was Katherine McNamara. So she must be a blond under the red!

From what I understand they had to do a lot of experiments to get the right shade of red or would it be strawberry blond as I can see it looks different in some episodes.

The season 1 finale is on tonight and repeats on Friday at 9:30pm with a Shadowhunters special on after that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast