Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Re: Shadowhunters - Freeform aka ABC Family

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 6
    Of Men and Angels
    Aired Tuesday Feb 16, 2016 on Freeform

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowhunters

Clary, Jace and Simon take a mortally wounded Luke to Magnus for help. After Luke's insistence, Magnus informs Clary of the Circle's past and her mother's involvement. Meanwhile, Robert Lightwood arrives at the Institute, and he and Maryse task Isabelle with mending the Seelies' broken ties with the Clave and restoring the family name. When Isabelle informs Alec that their parents plan to marry him off, he angrily leaves the Institute for Magnus' lair. There, he, Magnus and the others save Luke's life. Luke informs Clary that she had a brother, Jonathan Christopher, who died in a fire caused by Valentine. Clary then discovers a power which makes her realize she knows of the Mortal Cup's whereabouts.
    I give you the show is moving very fast. Does anyone think that sexually Alec is one of the densest people ever, does he even realize Magnus is hitting on him? No wonder he is still a virgin. Maryse Lightwood, mom to Isabelle, Alec and Jace is a piece of work.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-20-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    No goat killers on my island.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 7
    Major Arcana
    Aired Tuesday Feb 23, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 7: Major Arcana - TV.com

Clary and the team race to obtain the Mortal Cup before anyone else gets to it after they piece together the clues of its location. Meanwhile, Simon fears he's turning into a vampire as his symptoms become increasingly worse.

Well, the show is going at a super fast pace and the plot is moving and that really helps. This is probably the first episode I have seen that Jace really brings some emotion to some of his scenes. Izzy probably does the best acting and we are starting to see depth and range to her character. Thankfully Simon has some major moments and he works it.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 8
    Bad Blood
    Aired Tuesday Mar 01, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 8: Bad Blood - TV.com

The Clave sends a representative to observe the Lightwoods who are running the New York Institute after hearing of Alec, Jace and Isabelle's "extracurricular activities" with Clary. Meanwhile, Clary is faced with a difficult decision.

Raphael arrives at the Institute with Simon, who has been attacked by Camille. He informs Clary that, unless Simon is staked or turned before sunset, his soul will be trapped for eternity. An envoy from the Clave, Lydia Branwell, arrives to temporarily take over the Institute. Valentine sends a Forsaken to attack the werewolf pack, but Luke kills it. While retrieving the corpse from Luke, Lydia inadvertently reveals to Alec that his parents are ex-Circle members. Isabelle performs a pathology test on the Forsaken and finds that it has angel blood. Alec decides to restore his family's honor by proposing to Lydia. Later, another Forsaken attacks Hodge at the Institute, but he and Alec defeat it. Clary decides to bury Simon in order for him to turn into a vampire, but he emerges thinking of himself as a monster.

The show is fast paced which makes up for it lack of depth and to be honest it is on the correct network and it's targeting it audience. I do wish they had included the scene where Simon is turned into a rat. The entire Simon is a vampire plot is actually the second part of the next book in the series the City of Ashes as is the coming of the Clave Inquisitor. The show runners mentioned that they would be mixing up the first two or three books plot points.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-05-2016 at 11:49 PM.

I think season 1 is a 13 episode run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 8
    Bad Blood
    Aired Tuesday Mar 01, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 8: Bad Blood - TV.com

The show is fast paced which makes up for it lack of depth and to be honest it is on the correct network and it's targeting it audience. I do wish they had included the scene where Simon is turned into a rat. The entire Simon is a vampire plot is actually the second part of the next book in the series the City of Ashes as is the coming of the Clave Inquisitor. The show runners mentioned that they would be mixing up the first two or three books plot points.
    Ok good, so I'm not crazy!! I kept thinking last week that it seemed too soon for Simon to be a vampire. I loved these books. I also loved the Infernal Devices, so I liked that Camille has been brought into this, as well as a Branwell (her reference to her ancestor being from the Infernal Devices). I did not love the movie mostly because I thought the casting was terrible and it was so hard to get into it. I admit this is moving fast and some of the depth is missing. But overall, I am really enjoying this series and I like the characters much better than I did in the movie.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 9
    Rise Up
    Aired Tuesday Mar 08, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 9: Rise Up - TV.com

The Institute's on high alert after the attack. Meanwhile, Lydia makes a harsh call on the Seelies, but the others fear it's the wrong decision; Simon struggles to deal with his new situation; and Alec's emotionally torn about the Institute.

Following the Forsaken attack, the Institute is on high alert. Lydia arrests Meliorn for supposedly leaking Shadowhunter information to Valentine. During his interrogation, Meliorn lets slip that Clary is in possession of the Mortal Cup. Jace, Isabelle and Clary decide to take matters into their own hands to prevent the Cup from reaching the Clave. With the help of Magnus, the three Shadowhunters sneak the Cup out of the Institute. Later, Isabelle, Clary, Jace, Simon, Luke and Raphael team up to rescue Meliorn from his impending execution in the City of Bones. Afterward, Meliorn informs Clary that he can help find her father. Meanwhile, Alec's siding with Lydia and the Clave causes rifts with his personal relationships, and Simon makes peace with his newfound status as a vampire

I think the two strongest performances this episode are Simon and Isabel and Simon's mom. These actors are owning their characters and giving the depth. If the rest of the cast could rise to their level this would be an excellent show.

Shadowhunters Season 1 Episode 10
    This World Inverted
    Aired Tuesday Mar 15, 2016 on Freeform

Shadowhunters - Season 1, Episode 10: This World Inverted - TV.com

Clary enters a new world in order to find Valentine and discovers she likes this alternate universe, because it's a place without the threat of demons or the need for Shadowhunters. Elsewhere, Alec and Isabelle deal with the ramifications of the Downworlder attack.
    It was fun to see Clary in an alternative world and to see the regular characters play other aspects of their characters. Isabelle was too cute, Simon played his alternate world part, himself and a serial killer. Alec actually did a great job being kinda like Magnus Bane in the alternative world and you can see he is not doing a good job as regular Alec. When you see and older experience actor like Luke just had weight and presence you realize how these younger actors just don't have that. I don't think I remember this particular sequence does anyone know which book it is from?

3 more episodes in season 1.

The alternative universe was not in the books. And Jace's dad (Michael Wayland) was never alive in the books. I'm interested to see where this is going, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    The alternative universe was not in the books. And Jace's dad (Michael Wayland) was never alive in the books. I'm interested to see where this is going, actually.
    Thanks I think I only read the first 3 or 4 books and didn't finish the series. I did read 3 of the The Infernal Devices:

Clockwork Angel (August 31, 2010)
    Clockwork Prince (December 6, 2011)
    Clockwork Princess (March 19, 2013)

Which I liked better.

Anyway it boggles the mind a bit when they do massive changes to the story like that and I am going "I don't remember that".

+ Reply to Thread