+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Younger - TV Land/VH1

Re: Younger - TV Land/VH1

They do, Mika! When she was at the table talking with Charles and asking him what he wanted in life that work was keeping him from going after, you just know he was about to tell her: YOU! I love you!
    mika06 likes this.

I just started watching a few weeks ago. I was pretty appalled the first episode I watched (Season 2, E8, I think). I had to look up the premise of the show, as I didn't understand why she was lying about her age. I gave it a few more views before deciding that I actually like it. I have seen all of Season 2 and the pilot for Season 1.

I am hoping Liza does not get back with Josh at all. I find their relationship to be weird, and fleeting...for her, a mid-life crisis/boy toy, and for him, coo-coo-ca-choo, Mrs. Robinson. Just yuck. Now Charles on the other hand...I hope they explore a relationship in Season 3. I just don't know how it will go, with him being her boss and all. I guess I am hoping she finds another job so she & Charles can date.

I know they are trying to make her look like a "millennial", but some of the clothes she wears are so ridiculous. But what do I know...I am nearly 10 years older than her character.
    Cornholio likes this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14 Spooky (b. 2003) 3/18/13 - 9/24/15

LOL, I know, she absolutely looks 40 to me now, just wearing silly clothes!

This show is based on a book called Younger, by Pamela Redmond Satran. I actually read it a few years back and liked it.
    SummerSue likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Love this show. It's really charming and fun. Wish there were more shows like it! Most of the sit-coms now-a-days seem to be filled with mostly comic lines or sassy retorts - and very little 'story.' Younger has a real story --- sort of like a mini-movie. I really like that.
    karna68, GolfGrrl and Cornholio like this.

I love the show. I hope we don't have to wait a long time for season 3 and hopefully they start having more episodes per season. I do think Liza and Charles would be good together. Isn't he the head of Empirical? He could let her keep her job if she tells the truth about her age.
    Moontat, Imperfect1 and Cornholio like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

After last night, I am sooooo #TeamCharles.
    karna68 and SummerSue like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wasn't surprised about Charles kissing her. He's been interested in her for several episodes now.

I wish she would have told everyone the truth about her age before going back to Empirical but I guess the show's creators think they wouldn't have a story without that. I think they would, though. She'd still be an over 40 woman trying to prove that she's relevant in a younger career field and trying to decide between dating someone in her age bracket or dating a younger man.

I do think she and Charles are a better match. Josh doesn't seem ready to settle down yet and she and Charles are a natural fit. They seem to think alike and have a lot in common. I think the attraction in Josh is that he is so different from her but when that thrill wears off, I don't know that they'd have enough left to stay together.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Me too! I just think he's better for her in the long run. Josh is more of a "boy toy". I think Chad is going to be trouble!
    Cornholio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    When he kissed her, it took my breath away!

I am hoping she and Josh will part as friends and (somehow), she and Charles' relationship will develop during Season 3...complete with Diana's sneers and scowling.
    karna68, FireWoman and Cornholio like this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14 Spooky (b. 2003) 3/18/13 - 9/24/15

FORT Fanatic

Come on, Liza! Give Charles a chance!!
    karna68 and Cornholio like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast