+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Shannara Chronicles (MTV)

Re: The Chronicles of Shannara (MTV)

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I didn't know Manu Bennett was in Hobbit, but I do remember him from Spartacus that was on Starz. He is gorgeous!!
    Manu Bennett played Orc Commander Azog the Defiler in the Hobbit. He looked very different.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: The Chronicles of Shannara (MTV)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Manu Bennett played Orc Commander Azog the Defiler in the Hobbit. He looked very different.
    Thanks! I remember now seeing his name in the credits. He actually looks quite a bit like my son. They are both part Polynesian. Manu Bennett is part Maori and my son is part Hawaiian. Both the Maori's and Hawaiian's originated in Tahiti and both their culture and language is similar. I like this series, so far. I'm still on the first episode, but plan to continue watching and see what happens. Except for the old Elf and the Demons, everyone is beautiful - female and male. It seems like it should be on CW. It would fit right in with a lot of their shows.

Re: The Shannara Chronicles (MTV)

The Shannara Chronicles Season 1 Episode 6
    Pykon
    Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 02, 2016 on MTV - Music Television

The Shannara Chronicles - Season 1, Episode 6: Pykon - TV.com

Amberle, Wil and Eretria take shelter in Pykon, a snowy Elvin outpost with a grisly secret; and Ander and Slanter make a discovery about the Dagda Mor's forces.

Wil, Amberle and Eretria continue to lose all their scouts and guards.

Cephalo continues to betray and backstab.

The Reaper continues to relentlessly kill and follow ... did Wil leave a red marker on that tree???

Ander and the Captain of the Guards actually see the demon army and are afraid, very afraid.

Arion steadfastly refuses to believe in demons and fake King Allanon is setting up to retrieve a demon sword and kill off the high druid.

The episode ends on a major clifhanger ... The Reaper, Will, Eretria and Amberle literally fall off a cliff.

Bearacata: Are you and I the only ones watching this show? I'm on the last episode that has aired (I just started it). I watched most On Demand. I love it, but then I am a fantasy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    Bearacata: Are you and I the only ones watching this show? I'm on the last episode that has aired (I just started it). I watched most On Demand. I love it, but then I am a fantasy fan.
    Nah, we are not the only ones watching just the only ones commenting. One of my coworkers is a huge fan of the books so we chitchat about the Shannara Chronicles as well as Syfy's The Expanse. I know he emails his buddies at work about it. I don't think he has ever visited a fansite like FORT.

The Shannara Chronicles Season 1 Episode 7
    Breakline
    Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 09, 2016 on MTV - Music Television

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shannara_Chronicles

After Wil, Eretria, and Amberle fall off the cliff, they get separated. After awakening next to the Reaper's corpse and prying the Elfstones out of his bloody left palm, Wil is attacked by a male elf from Owen Moor named Perk, whose left ear was stolen by Elf Hunters who cut off and sell the ears to gnomes. He wants to rescue his female partner Genewen who was captured by them. The man who cut off his ear, Cormac, is left behind to guard the camp as their female leader Zora pursues the princess. Eretria and Amberle are subsequently chased by the same group into an old hall that sunk underground during the great war. Meanwhile, in Arborlon, the Changeling, in the guise of King Eventine, sends his sons Ander and Arion on a seemingly futile mission to kill the Dagda Mor. Allanon is healed by his former master Bremen and returns to Earth. While underground Amberle picks up three blue dice: an eight-sided die and a pair of percentile dice. They also notice a map which resembles Eretria's vision and she tells Eretria it is Safehold. She and Eretria fight off some off the Elf Hunters but are captured by Zora. Wil arrives, dangling from Genewen, who turns out to be a flying Roc mounted by Perk, who is a Wing Rider. On the way out Zora shoots Eretria and she falls. More of the Elf Hunters arrive, preventing them from going back for her. The princes arrive to face the Dagda Mor, discovering an imprisoned Bandon. Arion attacks the evil Druid with the sword, but the Dagda Mor is prepared and kills him. Allanon arrives on the scene just in time to save Ander and free Bandon. Eretria is shown hauled off alongside a golf bag full of clubs and a white plastic lawn chair. Ander kills the Changeling with Allanon's collapsible sword, becoming King of the Elves.

The girls bond in what looks to be an old high school gym decorated for either a prom or high school reunion.

We get to see a Roc, a giant bird.

The princes finally figure out that they have been tricked.

Allanon has a vision, gets healed and does big magic.

The Shannara Chronicles Season 1 Episode 8
    Utopia
    Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 16, 2016 on MTV - Music Television

Allanon tells Bandon he'll train him to be the next druid. Ander gets drunk. Eretria is bought out of slavery (along with the map to Safehold) by a human, who shows her how to shoot a revolver and they watch James T. Kirk and Spock in a scene from Star Trek: The Motion Picture. After kissing, Wil and Amberle rescue Cephelo but he ditches them before they sneak into the human village Eretria's in, hugging Wil as he leaves. Cephelo is captured skulking around the village border after noticing that Zora is laying dead outside. Eretria reveals to Wil that the Safehold map is in the village, he seems surprised, indicating Amberle had not told him this. When Wil and Amberle's elven heritage is uncovered during the party, Eretria sneaks off and speaks to a man with a mutilated eye. After he warns her, she flirts with her new owner long enough to steal his revolver. All three tied to posts to be sacrificed to trolls, Cephelo offers their captors a bag which he says contain the Elfstones. When opened, it is actually the three blue dice that Amberle found. Eretria frees the captives after shooting a troll about to kill Wil. Firefight ensues and Cephelo is mortally wounded. He takes Eretria's pistol and buys them time to escape. More trolls arrive and finding their dead friend attack the Utopians. Episode ends with Wil, Amberle and Eretria coming out of a forest to look upon the ruins of San Francisco.

Ever notice every time they meet a group of people they all end up prisoner and have to get out of death traps?

Ander has always felt guilty for his older brother's who is also Amberle's father's death which he does by drinking and partying. This is go to default and he was about to give up the kingship before he had a change of heart.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-22-2016 at 05:49 AM.

2 more episodes to go.

The Shannara Chronicles Season 1 Episode 9
    Safehold
    Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 23, 2016 on MTV - Music Television

The Shannara Chronicles - Season 1, Episode 9: Safehold - TV.com

Wil, Amberle and Eretria must cross ancient human ruins to reach the Bloodfire, but a nefarious evil tests their friendship.

Wil, Amberle, and Eretria arrive at Safehold, which turns out to be the ruins of San Francisco and Oakland. Eretria discovers that the tattoo on her back is a magical map to the location of the Bloodfire, and leads the group there. They are confronted by the Guardians of the Bloodfire, who attempt to turn the group against each other. Ander sends Commander Tilton to make an alliance with the Gnomes against the Demons. Allanon tries to teach Bandon how to use his gifts, but the Dagda Mor continues to control the seer's mind, forcing him to attack Ander, Catania, and finally Allanon, who subdues him. Elven Councilor Kael Pindanon, thinking Ander too weak to lead the Elves, attempts to seize the throne for herself and has Ander imprisoned. Commander Tilton and Slanter return to Arborlon with a Gnome army and free Ander from prison, and the Council accepts Ander as king after he announces the alliance with the Gnomes. Overcoming the mental assaults of the Guardians, Eretria finds that her blood is the key to unlocking the Bloodfire and impales her hand on a magical spike, causing the Bloodfire to ignite. Wil destroys the Guardians with the Elfstones, and Amberle immerses herself in the Bloodfire. When the Bloodfire vanishes, Wil finds that Amberle is nowhere to be seen, and Eretria is unconscious. The last leaf falls from the Ellcrys, and the Elves and Gnomes prepare for war as the Dagda Mor's Demon army begins its march on Arborlon.
    While the TV show has focused on the main storyline of Wil, Amberle, and Eretria and a secondary focus on Allanon, Bandon and the king/shapeshifter and the two princes, the politics of the the Elven Council or other leaders was never really touched upon and last week coronation of King Ander instead of a council woman was weird as that council woman was never seen before or mention and yet again she pops up in this episode and manages a coup against Ander. If their had been some preparation for this character and her actions that wouldn't have been a problem as it lends a depth to elven society we haven't seen up to this point but to just pop up just jars and I am thinking did I miss and episode?

Season finale next episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast