+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Amazon Prime TV

KAREN

FORT Fogey

Re: Amazon Prime TV

I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber, but I have NO idea how the TV service works. I'm a disaster when it comes to anything technological, so I doubt I would understand it.
    momrek06 likes this.

I have the app on my IPad and I also have Apple TV...i can turn on my Apple TV and choose either my IPad to watch or flip it to the TV. I'm assuming that the Amazon Prime TV is a device similar to the Apple TV unit.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

We have the firestick and love it. It's a very easy set up. Just plug it into an hdmi port and connect to wifi. It gives us access not just to prime video but also Netflix, crackle, Hulu, you tube and quite a few others. The remote is very simple and scrolls through options easily. It's also cheap. We just paid $24 for it.

I keep wanting to check out Transparent but haven't yet. I did watch Red Oaks and really liked it. I like the way Amazon chooses shows. They out one episode out, and if enough people watch it, it gets aa full season.
    momrek06 likes this.

OK while I love watching tv, its all the techy stuff I am not good with AT ALL. I leave all that to my hubby.

Soooooo, I will attempt to answer.......you just have to have an AMAZON PRIME account which is $99.00 for the year.

What Is Amazon Prime?

Q.: What is Amazon Prime?

A.: Amazon Prime is a paid service ($99 per year, plus a free 30-day trial) that gives Amazon shoppers a few distinct advantages.

Members of Amazon Prime are eligible for free one- or two-day shipping on most items, among several other perks.

Free two-day shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits.

For more information, go to Amazon Prime Shipping Benefits.

Free same-day delivery in eligible ZIP codes. For more information, go to Order with Prime Free Same-Day Delivery.

Prime Instant Video: Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

You can also add video subscriptions to Showtime, Starz, A&E, AMC and many other streaming entertainment channels.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...889.1450059170

Hubby and I also have APPLE TV. We use it for Netflix.

Q.: What is the Apple TV?

A.: Apple TV is a streaming media player, which means it takes content from the Internet and displays it on your TV.

The Apple TV comes in two models, the original Apple TV and (the really badly named upgrade) New Apple TV.

Q.: What can you do with an Apple TV?

A.: Watch Streaming Videos

In addition to Apple’s own services, the device also supports most of the other top entertainment providers: Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO/HBO NOW, WatchESPN, PBS, YouTube, etc.

Acooker, hubby just got the FIRE STICK!!! I have NO clue what that is about at all. $24.00 off Amazon.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    We have the firestick and love it. It's a very easy set up. Just plug it into an hdmi port and connect to wifi. It gives us access not just to prime video but also Netflix, crackle, Hulu, you tube and quite a few others. The remote is very simple and scrolls through options easily. It's also cheap. We just paid $24 for it.

I keep wanting to check out Transparent but haven't yet. I did watch Red Oaks and really liked it. I like the way Amazon chooses shows. They out one episode out, and if enough people watch it, it gets aa full season.

We used Amazon Prime last night to watch "The Man in the High Castle" ... sooooo good. We watched two episodes of that.

Then went to Netflix with the Apple TV and watched two epsiodes of "Jessica Jones" ... that too is sooooo good.

Hubby wants the Fire Stick for all the traveling he does and he can watch the shows he WANTS at the hotel.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I have never used our fire stick when travelling, but have heard that's one of the great perks of its size. The only thing to keep in mind with that is that it relies on wi-fi. Since some hotels still charge for wi-fi, and with others it's free but really slow, that's something to keep in mind.
    momrek06 likes this.

My smart TV has the apps for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, You Tube, and others. So if you are a subscriber to any of these you just sign in once and it's available to you whenever you want. We subscribe to Netflix and Amazon.
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    My smart TV has the apps for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, You Tube, and others. So if you are a subscriber to any of these you just sign in once and it's available to you whenever you want. We subscribe to Netflix and Amazon.
    We have a Smart TV as well. Samsaung. We got it about 6 months ago. But again, I have no clue what that actually means. LOL.

But I have two sons who are constantly buying all this 'techy' stuff then they call my hubby and they tell him he has to get this or get that ... LOL. AND HE DOES.

When hubby is out of town traveling for work ... Kar just sticks to watching regular tv. No Netflix, NO Apple tv, just my basic cable.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

The nice thing about Amazon Prime is there are many TV shows and movies that can be downloaded to a tablet of your choice and watched later without a wifi connection. It's nice for long airplane rides.
    Punkin, momrek06 and AcookerTV like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast