+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Chicago Med - NBC

Re: Chicago Med - NBC

This true life case reminded me of what we saw on this show. The true life hospital took it very seriously, but the one on Chicago Med, seemed very laid back. If you look at the end of the article, it does sound like the same facts though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/14/us...ants.html?_r=0
    dreamonia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This true life case reminded me of what we saw on this show. The true life hospital took it very seriously, but the one on Chicago Med, seemed very laid back. If you look at the end of the article, it does sound like the same facts though.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/14/us...ants.html?_r=0
    I was thinking they were taking it to easy, I know with my mom they had her in a room by herself, and it was covered in plastic and the nurses and doctors that went in there was covered from head to toe in protective clothing, it turned out not to be TB after all the tests were done thank goodness. I know I ws scared to go in there because I always heard horrible things about it.

The Chicago Med folks are like she has the flu and nothing more.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it when they return next season.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Dr. Halstead (Nick Gehlfuss) recently got married in Ohio. Best wishes to him and to his lovely bride.

Nick Gehlfuss Marries Lilian Matsuda : People.com

Oh my....is it just me or do they really resemble each other?
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fanatic

This one started up again tonight. I think I need a refresher of last season.

Why is the Dr. Charles in a wheel chair? I remember Reese's story and even the one nurse with HIV . The head lady was getting divorce, thought she was leaving for some reason but is still there.

Still was a good first show of the season , just was confused at the beginning with changes.

He said in the beginning that he tripped over a suitcase or something like that. I wonder if in real life he had to have a knee replacement or something. It would have been better just to say that for the storyline, imo. So many people have them, makes perfect sense. HOWEVER, since he has a young daughter, I guess they wanted to have it be accident rather than a mature person's condition. I had not realized that he had a young daughter before. Or I guess they could have a storyline planned that requires him to be in a wheelchair. I did cringe when he and his daughter crossed the street when she got off the bus. Neither of them looked for traffic before crossing! I know the bus arm was down, but that is NEVER a guarantee. You always look for traffic!

I was quite surprised with the new head of the ER. He allowed a doctor to LEAVE saying he had switched shifts with another doctor and that doctor was NOT there yet, but attending to her child's doctor appointment. WHO does that? I would say no way you leave until your replacement arrives. Of course, he learned his lesson, but still.

I had no idea the doctor has supply their own malpractice insurance. So, if he has none, who pays if there is an incident in the interim?
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-24-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    PWS likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Nicksmom, the young nurse has TB, not HIV. I keep trying but this show does not engage me, like the other two Chicago shows. Cannot stand Halstead, Choi is kind of boring, I don't care about Manning or the new med student, etc. Dr. Charles is the best part of the show. I may have to switch over to the new show, Notorious, airing at the same time. It stars the yummy Daniel Sunjata, from Rescue Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Nicksmom, the young nurse has TB, not HIV. I keep trying but this show does not engage me, like the other two Chicago shows. Cannot stand Halstead, Choi is kind of boring, I don't care about Manning or the new med student, etc. Dr. Charles is the best part of the show. I may have to switch over to the new show, Notorious, airing at the same time. It stars the yummy Daniel Sunjata, from Rescue Me.
    He was also on Graceland on the USA network. I saw the first episode of Notorious & I liked it.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm a fan of soon-to-be "Doctor" Jeff Clarke from his days on Chicago Fire, so Halstead's behavior is starting to really annoy me. Glad Reese is back at the hospital. Also do NOT like this Dr Latham character. I have often seen surgeons portrayed as arrogant, rigid & egotistical but he is just too much!

Was surprised that all we got from Goodwin was that she cleaned-out her husbands office ....... with no further explanation of where he is. Is the storyline supposed to indicate that she still doesn't know?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast