+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Chicago Med - NBC

Re: Chicago Med - NBC

I wonder if that bizarre doctor, I guess his name is Halstead, is going to get murdered. They seem to be setting him up to have a lot of people angry with him. Or maybe he will harm himself. He really doesn't seem to have a clue about medical rules. All the information that he has gotten about the patients who are in the clinical trials seems suspect. It's just not believable. That information is kept very secluded and not available for a staff member to log in and get it.

And why are they defending his actions of not honoring that woman's DNR? Why not just pay the claim and let the woman alone. The doctor has no defense. Even if he's mentally ill and had no control over his actions, it's still the responsibility of the hospital and they just need to pay the claim. There are plenty other dramas to play out. I wish they would move on and stop torturing this woman.

I really love this show, but man, these doctors sure need some classes on respecting the rights and decisions of their patients. It's a huge theme with this show and I think they have gone overboard with it. What is so difficult with accepting a patient's choice of treatment? Even if you think they are wrong, crazy or off base, it's their decision.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Chief of Staff's husband? Something must be up, but I can't figure it out. Early in the season, she and her husband were planning a trip. It sounded like he wanted them to move far away, like early retirement. Lately, she has been talking about her husband and how he's acting odd. Last night, she invited the psychiatrist to dinner with her and an old friend, because she said her husband wasn't good company lately. It's a mystery.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really love this show, but man, these doctors sure need some classes on respecting the rights and decisions of their patients. It's a huge theme with this show and I think they have gone overboard with it. What is so difficult with accepting a patient's choice of treatment? Even if you think they are wrong, crazy or off base, it's their decision.

Does anyone know what is going on with the Chief of Staff's husband? Something must be up, but I can't figure it out. Early in the season, she and her husband were planning a trip. It sounded like he wanted them to move far away, like early retirement. Lately, she has been talking about her husband and how he's acting odd. Last night, she invited the psychiatrist to dinner with her and an old friend, because she said her husband wasn't good company lately. It's a mystery.
    Well, now we know the answer to this. What a harsh blow for Administrator Goodwin. Hadn't they just celebrated an anniversary of some 30 odd years a few episodes earlier? Her hubby just realized NOW that she doesn't make him happy? I felt so awful for her.

Really enjoyed last night's finale episode. Good acting by Dr. Rhodes...his relationship with Dr. Downey really grew to one of respect and caring. Well, guess we'll be seeing more of Dr. Halstead and the new fly in the ointment or obstacle to his winning the affection of Dr. Manning...hunky ex-firefighter./new intern Jeff.

Was wondering how Nurse April contracted TB? Isn't that something the hospital would check for upon employment? Or maybe yearly? Not sure about that. And who is the guy who proposed to her? I must have missed an episode or 2 because I don't remember seeing him before.

Hope Reese finds a new position at the hospital. Looks like Dr. Choi has a new roommate. Loved his scene at the end with Dr. Charles.
    Debb70 likes this.

I always thoughtnTB was the worst disease ever I remember they thought my mom had it and put her into a room with plastic coverings and all. So I looked it up and it says it can be spread through close contact like family members so I am wondering if the guy or son has it.

The guy is a former football player I think. He brought his son into the ER and April was his nurse and they ended up dating.

The finale was pretty good. I still cannot believe the actor that died is not on a tv show permanently I know he plays a role on scandal too. He is a good actor I think he looks like ken Howard from the white shadow tv show.

But the one thing I would think is a few episodes ago when the female paramedic from Chicago Fire was talking to halstead and he let her know Otis never came in for blood work wouldn't that be personal information and with all the hippa laws I would think he could not disclose that. Just my nitpicking.

I hope that Doctor that likes to call child services on every parent calms down a bit. Another nitpicking thing of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, now we know the answer to this. What a harsh blow for Administrator Goodwin. Hadn't they just celebrated an anniversary of some 30 odd years a few episodes earlier? Her hubby just realized NOW that she doesn't make him happy? I felt so awful for her.

Really enjoyed last night's finale episode. Good acting by Dr. Rhodes...his relationship with Dr. Downey really grew to one of respect and caring. Well, guess we'll be seeing more of Dr. Halstead and the new fly in the ointment or obstacle to his winning the affection of Dr. Manning...hunky ex-firefighter./new intern Jeff.

Was wondering how Nurse April contracted TB? Isn't that something the hospital would check for upon employment? Or maybe yearly? Not sure about that. And who is the guy who proposed to her? I must have missed an episode or 2 because I don't remember seeing him before.

Hope Reese finds a new position at the hospital. Looks like Dr. Choi has a new roommate. Loved his scene at the end with Dr. Charles.
    I wonder if we find out next season that Goodwin's husband has some kind of brain tumor that is making him act irrationally. It seems like an odd storyline with a character we've never even met.

Good point about Goodwin's husband. Maybe he has dementia or a brain tumor as Maybaybie said or it could be that the writers just want Goodwin free. She seems friendly with the psychiatrist, but that seems rather platonic and he has made it clear that he has no interest in pursuing another relationship. He's paying big bucks in alimony to two ex-wives! lol
    Maybaybie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree it seems likely that there will be some medical explanation for the disappearing husband. It is a medical show after all! Although I know someone who did just the same thing....kind of rewrote history, he was never happy, etc.!
    Halsted has the MDeity complex in spades....HE knows what is best for the patient, not the patient--whom he has usually just met.
    I hope they keep the pathology woman on the show somehow now that she doesn't have a job, I like her. A bit sad that the only name I can recall is the one who has a brother on Chicago PD.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree it seems likely that there will be some medical explanation for the disappearing husband. It is a medical show after all! Although I know someone who did just the same thing....kind of rewrote history, he was never happy, etc.!
    Halsted has the MDeity complex in spades....HE knows what is best for the patient, not the patient--whom he has usually just met.
    I hope they keep the pathology woman on the show somehow now that she doesn't have a job, I like her. A bit sad that the only name I can recall is the one who has a brother on Chicago PD.
    I don't know all the names either I go to IMDb sometimes. The pathology girl is Reese I only know that because of the peanut butter cups. Lol

My first thought is that Reese may take over the nurse's role who has to leave her job due to having TB. Not that it makes any sense, but it would be a way to keep her around the ED. I'm still wondering if the nurse was misdiagnosed with TB.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm still wondering if the nurse was misdiagnosed with TB.
    My thoughts were the same. It was an out-of-the-blue diagnosis. As I watched, I was thinking I knew what TB was & what the symptoms should be, but the diagnosis was so random that I began to doubt myself. I googled and found that there is a "latent" TB. You basically have the infection, but no symptoms & you aren't contagious, but ....... it can turn into "active" TB if not treated. I'm guessing this is where they are going.

I want "Reese" to stick around too. They need to find her an "aha moment" so she can stop being wishy-washy and shy. Her intuition is usually right and they need to build on that, without making her another Halstead Know-It-All.

And the administrator husband ........ Bert? As the season finale was playing out, I was wondering why I couldn't remember what he looked like. Surely we'd seen him by this point ......... or not! I predict we will see him in the next season and they'll have him make a dramatic entrance to boot! He'll be brought in to the ED having been grievously injured ... OR ... in handcuffs having committed a crime that he can't remember (reference the unusual prior behavior).

I am glad to see Jeff again, but I'm wondering if he'll still be an administrator on Code Black while he's a doctor on CMed. Busy guy!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast