+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Chicago Med - NBC

Re: Chicago Med - NBC

I watch this. But I'd o like the other Chicago shows better.

The only thing that bothers me and it's my view whenever I go to the hospital and it's not often thank god for that but the people there doctors or nurses don't give a crap. They throw you in a room and leave you there for hours this hospital makes me wanna fly to go to Chicago med lol. I made a comment that i waited so long I healed myself. The checkout lady laughed and she was like I believe it.

Not being a troll or anything but it's just my opinion.
    tapper01 likes this.

I am loving this show. I guess it's my favorite new program. I like Code Black too, but this one is better. Anyone else still watching? I think this show is a real standout.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm watching, Debb. I am enjoying it also, but Dr. Halstead is infuriating! Like Dr. Choi and the character who Oliver Platt portrays, but his name is escaping me. Good to see S. Epatha Merkerson in a new role.

I agree. These doctors seem to have a real need to control their patients. It's rather odd since most doctors that I see don't have that much time to invest in controlling my medical decisions.

LOVE S. Epatha Merkerson. She's one of my favorites.
    tinderbox likes this.

Loving this now too! I've always loved a good medical drama (I think I cried for a week when they canceled ER-), but this one was a little slow to hook me. I still don't feel completely invested in the characters and watch it more for the medical stuff, but that's ok. I do love, Dr. George, though.

I like seeing Chicago Fire people pop in now and then too. Speaking of Fire...I hope they don't go too far down this "Casey as Alderman" rabbit hole- I find it pretty dull. I want them to rescue people from burning buildings and have their non-firefighting lives be a secondary plot line. Lately it seems the firefighting has taken a back seat, which I'm not a fan of. (Yes...I used to love Emergency! when I was a kid too. I'm sure I'm dating myself for sure now!)
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I like seeing Chicago Fire people pop in now and then too. Speaking of Fire...I hope they don't go too far down this "Casey as Alderman" rabbit hole- I find it pretty dull. I want them to rescue people from burning buildings and have their non-firefighting lives be a secondary plot line. Lately it seems the firefighting has taken a back seat, which I'm not a fan of. (Yes...I used to love Emergency! when I was a kid too. I'm sure I'm dating myself for sure now!)
    I am all for the fires and catastrophes, and nobody does it better than Chicago Fire! I've been to probably 100 fires in my life. My dad was a SF firefighter (tillerman on a hook and ladder truck), and when growing up if there was a fire my dad's truck was responding to in our neighborhood my dad would call my mom and she'd get my sisters and me in the car to go watch. SO EXCITING!!! My dad's speciallity was opening the roof with an axe to vent the smoke out of the building. When my sisters and I would see him on the roof we would jump and clap and scream for our Hero! So I'm totally hard wired for the fires and calamities. But for normal people they have to give human interest to the character's backstories to gain audience interest and loyalty. So that's all good. But I love me a good roaring fire scene. That said, I believe the series' exterior shots of a building on fire have computer generated flames and smoke, but done so well I can't tell the difference! I'm loving all three Chicago shows, especially with the random crossovers.

PS - I'm a May baby too, and there are no pink emeralds! But then I'm going 2 X OT so, nevermind....
    Lynda

I grew tired of Chicago Fire and Chicago PD, but Chicago Med is much different, IMO. I think they do a good job with balance.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fan

just caught up on this show from the beginning and loving it ! did anyone watch Remedy...the show was cancelled it was really good with a good family dynamic to it as well.

This show is really awesome! Last night was a great episode. Man, I love Dr. Charles, the hospital psychiatrist. Last night they reveal that he suffers with depression. I just love his character. I recall him from the series The Big C.

This really is one of my top two favorite shows right now.
    Coco46 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This show is really awesome! Last night was a great episode. Man, I love Dr. Charles, the hospital psychiatrist. Last night they reveal that he suffers with depression. I just love his character. I recall him from the series The Big C.

This really is one of my top two favorite shows right now.
    Yea, I remember Oliver Platt from The Big C as well. I'm enjoying the show, too, and his character, especially. My hubby was surprised to see him talking to his own psychiatrist. I told him that many psychiatrists are indeed in therapy. The one character that makes me want to scream and shake him is Dr. Halstead. What a self-important a#$! You'd think he'd learn from his mistakes, but no. SMH
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast