+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Chicago Med - NBC

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Chicago Med - NBC

Does Halstead have a hairpiece? His hair bothers me..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love the medical stuff, but I can't seem to warm up to the cast. I loved Chicago Fire the first time I saw it- the characters drew me in, but I'm not getting that with the CM characters. It's not that there is anything particularly wrong with them, but I find myself much more interested in the medical stories than who happens to be the doctor/nurse in the scene. The exception is Dr. George...I really like him.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm interested in the psychiatrist, and Dr. Cho (?), the Korean-American doc, and somewhat in the pregnant doc and Halstead. But I agree, they don't have as gripping characters as Fire and Police did right off the bat.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm interested in the psychiatrist, and Dr. Cho (?), the Korean-American doc, and somewhat in the pregnant doc and Halstead. But I agree, they don't have as gripping characters as Fire and Police did right off the bat.
    It's Choi

I liked it right off the bat. I had a much harder time warming up to the characters on the other Chicago shows, especially P.D.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I like MED but only watch PD when it's a cross-over. Given all the hospital dramas that have come before it, it's going to be hard to find something new & innovative. The "shooter" in the theater was modern-day, but the twist they put on it was different. The thought of the life-saving donation crossed my mind as they started to transport her organs, but I didn't see that ending coming. I'm sure it violated several real life protocols but it made for a more dramatic finish.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

NBS has ordered up 5 more episodes or this season..
    PWS, tinderbox and Coco46 like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

bumping this up to continue any conversation regarding the cross-over episodes
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

I'm still liking this one.

That doctor came back fast after having that baby. I knew the mother in law would change her tune about the Dr. coming to see her , this way she would stay in town.

Really like the physiologist. He makes you think a different way , to convince people to do or say things with out them knowing they are doing it.

I keep mixing up this one with the doctors on Code Black , that one too is really good.
    Punkin likes this.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I like this and I think Oliver Platt is perfect in his role. I don't get S. Epatha Merkerson's role though - it's seems out of place. But I do like the show. I think the medicine is a little "forced", but it's the first season and I think it will become more familiar to the actors (and writers). I love how it's not always a crossover with Fire or PD, but you'll see a character now and again. I hope it sticks around.
    Punkin and PWS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I like this and I think Oliver Platt is perfect in his role. I don't get S. Epatha Merkerson's role though - it's seems out of place. But I do like the show. I think the medicine is a little "forced", but it's the first season and I think it will become more familiar to the actors (and writers). I love how it's not always a crossover with Fire or PD, but you'll see a character now and again. I hope it sticks around.
    It has already been renewed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast