+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Fanny Mare
  • 1 Post By Little Sew&Sew
  • 1 Post By short_lived
  • 1 Post By Miss Scarlet

Thread: Limitless (CBS)

Limitless (CBS)

So I came here looking for the Limitless thread to post about the show and.... apparently there isn't one yet!

We are really enjoying this show, loosely based on the movie of the same title with Bradley Cooper (who also makes cameo appearances on the TV show). In a nutshell, the main character Brian Finch takes a drug called NZT that allows him to fully access and utilize all of his brain's power, especially memory. This means he can learn a language in a day, recall everything he ever heard in passing in life, quickly read through a room full of files and connect all the dots. The drug normally has terrible side effects and results in death fairly quickly, but Brian is immune to the side effects of NZT thanks to an immunization shot he gets once a week or so from the senator played by Bradley Cooper's minions. His dependence on the immunizations means he must do things or provide information when asked. The FBI uses Brian's incredible NZT brain power to help solve cases - they supply him with one pill that lasts 9 hours each morning.

The show is fun and a little bit campy - doesn't take itself too seriously. Really enjoyed last night's episode where Brian gets boss Naz to agree to give him his own office - or rather "Headquarters!" - if Brian can locate the FBI's current top 10 most wanted.

At the end of the show, we were talking about how much we enjoyed it. And then had that "oh no" moment when we realized every new show we really enjoy inevitably gets cancelled... so I came here to find a thread and didn't find one. I saw mention of this show in the Fall 2015 thread - but let's give it a dedicated thread! Who here is watching and enjoying Limitless?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Limitless (CBS)

We are, and we really enjoy it. Jake McDoram who plays Finch, plays his part so well. I just love how we see his mind work after taking the NZT.It's good to see Jennifer Carpenter who plays agent Harris back ,I liked her on Dexter. I had a feeling this show would make it, so please don't let them cancel it!
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Hubby and I are watching. I like it but I don't think I'm committed to it yet. I initially started watching because they promised me Bradley Cooper. There's been far too little of him to keep me watching much longer. I do like seeing Hill Harper again.
    Cornholio likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

Easily my favorite new show this season. The Ferris Bueller tribute episode was great. Loved it. It's hard for me to get used to Jake McDorman as a character other than Evan Chambers because I loved him in Greek, but he is really likable in this role too.
    Cornholio likes this.

I'm watching & enjoying this. I like the characters and actors, and the storylines aren't nearly as predictable as I expected. Lots of interesting twists in there.
    The only thing that bothers me at all is that the lead character is supposed to be 28-29 years old. He acts much more like he's 21. I like him, but he just seems quite immature for his age.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread