+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Into the Badlands - AMC Sundays 10/9c

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Into the Badlands - AMC Sundays 10/9c

Centuries from now, a feudal society has emerged in the wake of civilization's destruction. This area is now called the Badlands and is uneasily divided among seven rival Barons. Each Baron enforces their iron rule with the aid of loyal armies of trained assassins known as Clippers.

The most lethal of the Badlands’ Clippers is Sunny (Daniel Wu) -- the Regent (Head Clipper) and most trusted advisor of Baron Quinn (Marton Csokas). For decades, Quinn has been unchallenged as the Badlands’ most powerful Baron; however, the territory’s newest Baron, The Widow (Emily Beecham), has begun testing his appetite for a fight.

One day, Sunny rescues M.K. (Aramis Knight), a teenage boy who has survived a deadly ambush. Sunny soon comes to understand that the teen harbors a dark secret and has a hefty bounty on his head. Together, they will embark on an odyssey that could mean the difference between chaos and enlightenment for everyone in the Badlands.

Into the Badlands - About - AMC
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Into the Badlands - AMC Sundays 10/9c

I decided to watch this, even after I decided I didn't want to. But, I must say.. it was interesting. It'll be on my 'to watch' lineup now.

Anyone else?
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I have it on my DVR - just gotta find the time to watch it lol
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

Same here, it's on my watch list. I just haven't had time to yet.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Good fight scenes. That is about all.

Well this is a 6 episode run and I am recording it and after I finish 2 movies, the midwinter series finales and at least 2 series I have stored I will have this to watch.
    Maveno likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Into the Badlands (AMC)

I started watching Into the Badlands this weekend because a friend of mine told me it was recommend to her by a friend of hers. I'm not a fan of martial arts in general but so far I like the show. It's more than just martial arts. There's a power play between rival barons and some element of science fiction with a kid who has some kind of dark power he hasn't learned to control yet. It's like a cross between a western, science fiction and martial arts.

The name is kind of odd, though, because the main character is trying to find a way OUT of the Badlands, not into it.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 1
    The Fort
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 15, 2015 on AMC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_t...ds_(TV_series)

Regent Sunny, a highly-skilled fighter and the deadliest "Head Clipper" for Baron Quinn battles the Nomads to rescue a mysterious boy named M.K. who harbors a dark secret about his past. But when he brings him back to The Fort to train as a "Colt", a Clipper-in-training, things quickly get out of hand with another trainee. When first blood is drawn, M.K. loses control of himself as if something takes over his body, making the boy valuable to opposing Baron Widow. Meanwhile, Sunny discovers M.K.'s pendant has the same image as the one on his childhood compass of a place called Azra, the boy's home. In order to seek out the truth about his own past, Sunny wants to know more of this city beyond the Badlands, and must find a way out, especially now that his lover Veil is illegally pregnant with his child.

I guess there was a war and much destruction and people fled from the cities trying to find safety, it looks as if there was land that was safe and 7 barons emerged to control the land and the people and create some type of working society. I got this from the opening sequence. At this point in time it seems the society has reached a certain point, are they out of land, what? One baron was killed by his wife and she has taken over. They call her The Widow. Baron Quinn, who our main character Sunny serves seems to be ill, possible poisoning, possible brain tumor? His first and only son, Ryder wants to take over, but daddy says he is not ready. I do think Ryder has the stomach to be ruthless, cruel and mean but seems to lack political savvy. Into this mess a young boy appears with a mysterious past and mysterious powers and The Widow wants him.

The fight sequences were beautiful, almost balletic. There is a degree of violence and brutality but they seem to be keeping the gore and blood in check.

PS: I finished all my other recorded shows saved on the DVR and now have started this which explains the late review but I think from reading other posts many had the same problem I did. Too many shows and not enough time.
    Maveno likes this.

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 2
    Fist Like a Bullet
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 22, 2015 on AMC

After wandering into The Widow's territory, M.K. meets her daughter Matilda, who he follows for refuge in her mother's mansion. But it turns out to be a dangerous place since she wants to use his dark power to overthrow the other barons. Meanwhile, after Quinn's headaches are diagnosed by his long-time doctor as a tumor, he doesn't have long to live. He wants to keep the news a secret, so he orders Sunny to "clip" the doctor and his wife, Veil's parents, who know about their unborn baby. However, Sunny refuses and Quinn has to murder them himself, and gives him a second chance to test his loyalty. Later, when Sunny and Ryder are attacked by The Widow's nomads, M.K. saves Sunny's life and agrees to show him the way out of the Badlands. But Sunny has a condition; he will bring M.K. back to The Fort for training so he can be strong enough to smuggle Veil and the baby out.
    I have always known women have to be tougher then men because they have to fight in thigh high boot with 5 inch stiletto heels, corsets, a bustle and a nice hairdo.

You know your Baron is going nuts when he kills his defenseless doctor and the doctor's wife. And it just happens that the Doctor and his wife are the adoptive parents of your pregnant lover.

Poor M.K. he runs onto The Widow's land and if found by The Widow's daughter, who is squirrel hunting. Ah, poor squirrel. Nice connection, two nice kids but with killer instincts. Matilda tricks mom in to thinking that MK is not the kid with powers and gives him over to some guys to knock him out for a bounty. This kid has the worst luck ever. He manages to save Sunny and the above mentioned bargain is made.

Seriously, if we all went back to sword and knives like they have in this culture their wouldn't be an overpopulation problem with all the folks that get killed in these power grabs.

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 3
    White Stork Spreads Wings
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 29, 2015 on AMC

Into the Badlands - Season 1, Episode 3: White Stork Spreads Wings - TV.com

As Sunny begins to train M.K., the boy struggles to learn discipline. Meanwhile, Quinn seeks retribution against The Widow and faces the consequences.

Quinn seeks retribution against The Widow and pays the price with losing many Clippers in his surprise attack. M.K. breaks away from the Colts to steal the book about Azra in The Widow's study, where Tilda sees him. Sunny begins to train M.K., but he must first learn discipline, especially when he underestimates wheelchair-bound Waldo during their fight. As Ryder's life slowly fades, Jade desperately seeks help from Veil who reluctantly yet successfully treats him. But it results in Quinn knowing about her and Sunny's relationship. In order for Quinn to form an alliance with Jacobee, the one baron who doesn't hate him as much, Sunny must reunite with Zephyr, Jacobee's regent to arrange a meeting. M.K. brings the book to Veil to be translated, but it's in a language she doesn't recognize. As M.K. hides, Veil is interrupted by Quinn who wants her to save him from his deadly illness.

Since this is only a 6 episode season the writers are moving at a fast pace to set up tensions between the barons, between Quinn, his first wife and his son and heir. They are adding layers showing The Widow and that many of her daughters are also trained warriors, the eldest Tilda (Matilda) and MK have met and have interacted on several levels. While the barons are male and The Widow is female it seems if you are not a wife you are a whore in this society which makes Viel (Sunny's lover) unusual as she makes prosthetics and is a doctor. I think The Widow is planning to maybe overthrow the men and rule the badlands, just a suspicion. Angelica, the whore who is also trained in martial arts kills herself rather then be questioned by Quinn. She is also the one who fed information to Ryder (Quinn's son) who walked into a trap that almost killed him. In trying to prove himself a man, a worthy heir to his father, Ryder keeps making costly mistakes. It just seems as if the producers are setting this all up to be a huge bloodbath that may cause a power vacuum, while the barons serf based power structure may not be ideal it is better than having roving bands of nomads raise havoc and chaos all over the badlands.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast