+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Into the Badlands - AMC Sundays 10/9c

Re: Into the Badlands - AMC Sundays 10/9c

Forgot to mention one of the better fight scenes in episode 3 was watching MK (the young boy) fight with Sonny's old mentor, Waldo. Waldo is a clipper but he is now in a wheelchair and he kicked MK's a$$.
    No goat killers on my island.

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 4
    Two Tigers Subdue Dragons
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 06, 2015 on AMC

Into the Badlands - Season 1, Episode 4: Two Tigers Subdue Dragons - TV.com

Sunny and M.K. try to figure out how to control the boy's power. Meanwhile, Quinn sets a dangerous parlay with a rival Baron to help fight The Widow.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_t...ds_(TV_series)

Sunny has to figure out how to control M.K.'s power, especially when he gets knocked out by a single punch. Jade prepares for her wedding, and taking Lydia's advice, she stops her relationship with Ryder, who feels broken and betrayed. Sunny finds out Veil has been helping M.K. translate the Azra book and treating Quinn for his tumor. Later, Quinn sets a parlay with Baron Jacobee to help him defeat The Widow after she beheads one of his Clippers. Both barons meet in the City of the Dead at Cross Bend where problems arise. M.K. spies a disguised Tilda and gives pursuit and they fight. Tilda cuts him, unleashing his darkness that only she can stop. Ryder is enlisted by Zephyr who is secretly working for The Widow to join their cause to start a war. Waldo grants Sunny an audience with the River King, importer of goods and cogs, to reserve a passage out of the Badlands. However, the River King demands M.K.'s head as payment due to M.K. having previously killed some of his Cogs.
    More layers are revealed, more twists, more turns, more tangles to the point you are trapped in all the threads.

The River King was transporting 28 cogs (slaves) down the river and one went berserk and killed all the others. Guess who that is? Now there is a bounty on MK's head and that explains those guys in episode 2 taking MK in exchange from The Widow as they have the bounty poster.

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 5
    Snake Creeps Down
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 13, 2015 on AMC

Into the Badlands - Season 1, Episode 5: Snake Creeps Down - TV.com

As Sunny secures his escape from the Fort, Quinn grows suspicious. Meanwhile, The Widow's decisions set her on a collision course with Sunny and M.K.

Sunny finds a direction when he uses his broken compass in the Arza book's cutout. After the poppy fields are abandoned, Quinn suffers a migraine and puts Jade in charge to train Clippers how to harvest. In order to look for "the boy at the Fort", The Widow takes in Quinn's cogs, promising them freedom in return for loyalty. Waldo tells Ryder to take M.K.'s pendant to Ryder's grandfather Penrith, a preacher, who says Arza is just a made-up story. Veil asks Quinn if he killed her parents and says it was Sunny's blade that ended their lives, not his. When Sunny brings Petri and his Colt, Bale, to track The Widow and her Butterflies, Tilda warns M.K. every time he is cut, his life force gets weaker, and gets captured. A fight ensues between her mother and Sunny, while Bale, wanting to make his first kill, fights Tilda, but meets a deadly end when M.K. cuts himself to save her.

Preacher Penrith, Ryder's grandfather, calls MK a Dark One and tells one of his acolytes to go summon someone ...... oooooooo. So what is the secret behind the pendant of Arza?

Why is it the young can be so stupid, the Colt Bale is just begging to get himself killed, just because Matilda is a girl does not mean she is helpless.

Is Jade really poisoned or is it just a trick to fool Quinn into believing, Lydia his first wife did it?

How the heck did Quinn get down to the torture chamber?

Questions, questions, most probably will remain unanswered as we are heading for a big climatic fight between everyone in the finale episode.

Into the Badlands Season 1 Episode 6
    Hand of Five Poisons
    Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 20, 2015 on AMC

Into the Badlands - Season 1, Episode 6: Hand of Five Poisons - TV.com

In the Season 1 finale, Sunny and M.K. fight to escape Quinn's grip once and for all. Meanwhile, the Baron's enemies conspire to take him down and change the Badlands forever.

Sunny presents Bale's head to the River King, and passes it off as M.K.'s, in order to secure transportation out of the Badlands. Outside the Badlands, three monks learn of M.K.'s existence and set out to search for him. Jade frames Lydia for a poisoning attempt on her life, resulting in Quinn exiling Lydia. With no other choice, Lydia returns to Penrith and rejoins his congregation. Quinn suspects that Sunny is a traitor after his failure to finish off the Widow and imprisons him. Veil is kidnapped by Tilda, and is asked to help treat the Widow's wounds. Veil reluctantly does so, and as she leaves, warns Tilda that the Widow does not truly love her. She privately confides in Tilda that she left two bottles of poison in addition to the tincture, and that it is Tilda's choice whether to kill the Widow or not. Tilda confronts the Widow who insists she's trying to save M.K. and explains she was once special like him, but does not elaborate. Quinn then convinces M.K. to join his ranks in return for sparing Tilda and Sunny. M.K. agrees, and they both head to the Dollhouse to find the Widow. Sunny is freed by Waldo, who reveals himself to be the true traitor, and urges Sunny to leave the Badlands while he has the chance. Sunny instead heads off to find M.K. At the Dollhouse, Quinn is ambushed by Jacobee, Zypher, and Ryder. Quinn triggers M.K.'s abilities, and M.K. quickly defeats all of his opponents. Sunny arrives, kills Quinn, and attempts to subdue M.K. At that moment, the three monks arrive and easily defeat M.K. and Sunny, revealing they have the same abilities he does. The monks take M.K. away while Sunny is captured by the River King, who knows Sunny tried to cheat him, and intends to sell him to the highest bidder.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. There were actually surprises.

Quinn was surprised by his son's betrayal.
    Sunny was surprised to be captured by Quinn which was a set up by Ryder.
    Surprised that Quinn was really killed.

Lydia was surprised she was tossed out of the Fort by Quinn for supposedly poisoning Jade.
    Not surprised that Jade set it up.
    Surprised that Ryder set it up and then Lydia was surprised to find out Ryder was behind it.

Surprised that Veil got kidnapped by the Butterflies to help The Widow instead of Quinn's men.
    Surprised that Veil saved herself by offering 3 bottles and having The Widow potentially guess which was the tincture and which was the poison.
    Surprised that Veil offered Matilda an out, potentially two outs.

Surprised to find out that Sunny was one of the Dark Ones when he was young.
    Surprised to find out that The Widow was one of the Dark Ones when she was young.
    Surprised to find out the three monks were Dark Ones so easily defeated MK.

Total shocker Waldo was the inside informant for The Widow, I was sure it was Jade.

Surprised that Sunny was kidnapped to be a cog.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-11-2016 at 12:20 AM.

I watched the whole season over the Christmas break. I was disappointed. I wanted to like it, but didn't find myself caring much about any of the characters.

Season 2???

'Into the Badlands' Season 2 spoilers: Focus on Sunny's path to redemption?

"Into the Badlands" is undoubtedly one of the best shows of AMC and the first season of the series has received critical accolades both from fans and critics.
    Though the next season has not been confirmed yet, the talks for another season have already been going on as the creators of the show, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, have stated that season 2 will focus on Sunny's (Daneil Wu) path to redemption.

The Season 1 left the viewers in suspense as after stabbing Quinn (Marton Csokas), Sunny claimed that he won't kill anyone ever, and that came as a surprise to the audience as throughout the series Sunny was portrayed as a skilled assassin who loved his job. Though Sunny vowed that he will quit his career as Clipper, there is a significant possibility that he might break his promise as at the end of Season 1. He was imprisoned and his love interest, Veil (Madeleine Mantock), was also captured in the Badlands. In an interview with ComicBook.com, Gough said that a person who has a history and career as Sunny's is surely inhibited by a dark and heavy soul, particularly due to the guilt of killing so many people in his past. Gough also said that despite his history of violence, Veil has firm belief that there is still room for Sunny to change. "I think Veil does want to believe in the best in Sunny. Even with her doubts and everything Quinn planted, she wants to believe that he can change and I think she's the light in his life that can give him hope that he can change," Gough said.

In Season 2, Sunny will try his best to find Veil and free her, as, according to Gough, she is the key to Sunny's redemption. In order to free her, Sunny might have to return to his past life of violence as it won't be easy to break into the Badlands.

Show's creator, Miles Millar, said, "Redemption is a process and hopefully Sunny will have many seasons of television to redeem himself."

Has officially been renewed for season 2.
    inthegarden and Fo'Realz? like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Good! I only just discovered the show right before it went on hiatus and I was afraid it wouldn't be back.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Season 1 was 6 episodes long.

Season 2 is 10 episodes long and will run from March 19, 2017 to May 21, 2017.

Season 2 Episode 1 - "Tiger Pushes Mountain" - March 19, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Into_t...n_1_.282015.29

Six months later, Sunny, now a "Picker", a miner used for slave labor, excavates opium in the Bordeaux Mines far from the Badlands. He befriends Bajie, a smuggler who is shackled to him. After watching an arena fight in which under-performing Pickers are executed for not making their quota, Sunny plans to escape. Bajie acquires a map and wants to go with him. When Sunny refuses, Bajie betrays his true identity to the mine boss, The Engineer. Meanwhile, M.K. undergoes training from the Abbotts under the tutelage of Ava. Later, M.K. meets The Master, who promises his freedom if he can learn to control his abilities, and she oversees his training. In the Badlands, Ryder, who's Baron following his father's death controls Quinn, Jacobee, and The Widow's territories, alongside his love, Jade. During an inspection of the oil fields, The Widow and Tilda, a Regent, returns in a surprise attack and reclaims them, killing most of Ryder's Clippers and forcing him to retreat. They preside over a growing army of former Cogs and Dolls, promising to end the Badlands feudal system and replace it with a democratic society. Tilda recruits Odessa a former Doll as a Butterfly, and has the released Clipper prisoners who abused the Dolls murdered against her mother's orders. While stationed in an abandoned train station, Veil gives birth to a boy, and is in the company of Quinn, who is still alive.
    Season 2 picks up several months after the season 1 finale.

The opening fight sequence is hilarious with Sunny killing his guard with his own knife. Funny how he escaped being a slave ala "Clipper" in the Badlands to being a slave ala "Picker" in the Outlying Territories.

Surprise, Sunny's chainmate, Bajie betrays him but ends up shackled back to him for the big fight and I luv how Sonny uses Bajie to take out Mouse at one point in the fight.

The Widow is brutal in her balletic like fight style.

What! Quinn is a live! Or is it a dream?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast